Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Good call, confirmed. Hes banned again.
    Why did you ban me? I didn't break any THIA forum rules and I'm not SurgicalHorror. I had to register a new account because you banned me for absolutely nothing.

I didn't make arrogant comments because someone missed a post, that someone deliberately ignored the posts that were made and I made those comments because that someone was spamming the thread with the same thing over and over again and was just asking to be refuted.

Ontop of that, Dot was nice enough to register me on Bioflames and then all of a sudden, without provocation and without reason, I'm banned on both in a case of mistaken identity. Dot didn't even PM me or ask me or anything, I don't know what source he's using to find information about me, but that source is wrong.
    Last edited by Niflheim; 03-27-2008, 11:15 AM. Reason: additions

Comment

Doubtful.

Comment

Does anyone else besides me think "Classic Edition" means that the graphics would be the same as the GC version?

Comment

Wow, the banning of one of your own faked members is a touch of genius, not!

So the pretence contunues. I give you props for sticking by your guns, even if they are firing blanks

Your biggest mistake was releasing those covers for everyone to see up close and in detail. Even I could do better, and I'm tat with photoshop.

Only mystery left is what time exactly on April 1st, you'll post this alleged 'video proof'? Why didn't you fake up in game footage using some of the great fan created mods and replacment models/skins now available for the PC version? Or is that what this video will be!!?
          Last edited by en masse murder; 03-27-2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Point is, I didn't break any rules and there were no grounds for banning me. I was on friendly terms with Dot until something happened (I'm not sure what) and he banned me. Even when I logged in, it said, You have been banned for : NO REASON SPECIFIED. I have no idea what's going on here. Unfortunately, I have to use this thread to talk because I cannot PM Dot to ask him anything (at the moment, I can't PM anyone for that matter). Ultimately, I didn't do anything and I didn't break any rules so the ban was completely groundless.

Comment

I'm just dissapointed in the stubborness in not wanting to admit yet that it's all a joke.

The newest post on the front page makes a comment about how it's no wonder Capcom don't want a more community open approach, which is kind of harsh when not only is that comment unfounded, but so is this whole "Classic Edition" thing.
              A few replies have also seemingly aimed just to get more hopes up or insult those trying to point out that this is all a work; is it really a good idea to lie to and insult a community you should be proud to have helped establish?!

I dunno. Just seems that a photoshop and fraps job that should have been thrown online on April 1st for a bit of fun has actually proven to be no fun, and damaging to the integrity of these boards.

I've always appreciated the fantastic features this site puts together (and have lurked here for years), but when a guy I expect to deliver honest news blatantly lies to a load of people and refuses to come clean because of some lame punchline...

...well, i'd rather get my news from a site full of ad's than one that's full of BS. [/rant]
              ________
              DEPAKOTE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
              Last edited by DARKHALO2K; 05-13-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Niflheim View Post
                Point is, I didn't break any rules and there were no grounds for banning me. I was on friendly terms with Dot until something happened (I'm not sure what) and he banned me. Even when I logged in, it said, You have been banned for : NO REASON SPECIFIED. I have no idea what's going on here. Unfortunately, I have to use this thread to talk because I cannot PM Dot to ask him anything (at the moment, I can't PM anyone for that matter). Ultimately, I didn't do anything and I didn't break any rules so the ban was completely groundless.
                For someone who talked in such a shitty manner to someone who missed a post of yours earlier, you're obviously blind to the fact that i've pointed out to Dot you're a member who was previously banned, and apparently Dot has checked this (probably with an IP check) and so, you're banned, and will most likely be banned again when he's online next.

Go soil some other corner of the internet please, you're not welcome here again.

That's all of course, if you're not Dot and a part of this masquerade.

Comment

Originally posted by en masse murder View Post
                  Wow, the banning of one of your own faked members is a touch of genius, not!

So the pretence contunues. I give you props for sticking by your guns, even if they are firing blanks

Your biggest mistake was releasing those covers for everyone to see up close and in detail. Even I could do better, and I'm tat with photoshop.

Only mystery left is what time exactly you'll post this alleged 'video proof' on April 1st? Why didn't you fake up in game footage using some of the great fan created mods and replacment models/skins now available for the PC version? Or is that what this video will be!!?
                  The user is a previously banned member. I've confirmed this via IP. All 3 of his accounts are from Fuse, and as Stu pointed out he has the same sig.

As for the video, I think it would be pretty obvious it was faked if it was using the low poly models of the PC version.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-27-2008, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I think a few of you are taking this a little too seriously. I mean Resident Evil is a game... that’s it. I love the series as much as the next person but why get all up in a rut over something so futile.

Dot if you can share more information about this topic please share but like RE-Hiro said lets just wait it out. I say we turn this into a rumor topic and say things like "Dot's going to tell us he has a new Biohazard 2 Prototype lead". But seriously this is his site so he can do what he wants. In the end I find it all to be very humorous.

Comment

Case closed; we wait.
                      I think that if we wait we'll get all the answers we're waiting for, stop arguing and enjoy what we have right now, if it's a joke, then Happy April Fools, no need to shout our lungs out on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                        As for the video, I think it would be pretty obvious it was faked if it was using the low poly models of the PC version.
                        The covers are so obviously faked, and that didn't stop you did it!?

Also, not quite true. I reckon a good quality gameplay capture tied with some nice post processing effects applied in a decent film editing app, would look rather convincing indeed, more convincing than those feeble cut and paste game covers jobbies

I agree with DARKHALO2K above, this is more of a slap in the face and nreally anything but amusing, infuriating would be closer to the mark! It's also quite insulting to peoples intelligence if you ask me.

This is a grubby black mark on an otherwise fantastic site. It can only gather increasingly more nagative attention until April 1st finally arrives.

Mark my words
                        Last edited by en masse murder; 03-27-2008, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I appreciate that you guys like the site enough to visit, but if you don't think this is real then why would it tarnish your thoughts on the site? We're known for pulling pranks around this time of year, especially on the buildup to April Fools. If this is a joke, Dot is keeping it to himself, as everyone else on staff has been told it’s real as well.

I guess the only thing you can do is realize the timing, and be very skeptical. I am, but don't tell Dot

I can't recall us ever putting out blatantly false info, except in the case of April fools and as I've said, we're known for pulling pranks around this time of the year, so if you are really familiar with the site then you should take news like this around this time with a grain of salt.

Comment

I appreciate that you guys like the site enough to visit, but if you don't think this is real then why would it tarnish your thoughts on the site?
                            They're always pissed when it comes to Resident Evil news.

I don't think I've ever seen "good news" about Resident Evil, at least not in terms of how the fan/community gives feedback on it. It's not good unless it's unreleased and/or labeled with EXCLUSIVE.

Comment

Greko made some good points, really. Seriously, some of you are just being silly. This is the week before April Fools. Any such a thing posted on the actual day would be obvious as a joke and be no fun. Not to mention if it is a joke, it's obvious Dot has a plan for it. Why couldn't you guys that are so enthusiastic about calling it out as a fake have just waited it out till April 1st and see what happens?

It just really seems to me some of you think you're cool to point out fakeness and/or ruin a joke. Like you're some hero to those who are gullible enough to not see what may be a joke (which is what a joke is for, and what April Fools is all about)? Especially those of you who registered just to be an ass about it. It wouldn't be surprising if some of you are people from other websites who don't like Dot or THIA jumping at the opportunity to bring them down or at least get a kick out of causing a ruckus out of something that obviously seems like a joke.

And as Greko pointed out too, why would this give a black spot or tarnish THIA's name if it's an April Fool's joke? Dot's never purposely put out false information unless it's been an AF joke and such. If you're not here to join and be a friendly member of the community, you shouldn't troll here.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, Dot. Because I haven't broken any THIA rules, you can keep banning me and I'll just keep re-registering. It's as simple as that. You can waste your time if you want. It's scary that you are looking at people's IP address and I'm looking into creating a profile on you and having you reported. You have no proof as to who I am or am not, you don't even know me, not even in the slightest. Just because Big Stu acts like he knows everything, there's no reason to trust him. He says I was harsh with someone for overlooking a post, I wasn't even harsh with them, the worst I told them was, they have selective reading and they DELIBERATELY overlooked the posts. It wasn't a case of accidental overlooking. And Dot, you literally are the worst and most underqualified moderator I've ever come across. Banning people for no reason at all, not giving them a chance to explain, your crazy and whoever put you in a position of power to do these things, needs to take you out of that position. You don't know how to be a good mod. Since you logged my IP, you should figure out where I live and by extension, you'll realize I'm not Grace Saunders, so Big Stu was lying when he claimed that I was and was only trying to spread slander about me because he has some psychotic personal vendetta against me. Big Stu is an e-stalker, bar none, if he doesn't like you, he'll follow you literally everywhere and to ever message board, the guy needs help. I've logged Big Stu's IP and I'm currently creating a profile on him too. Ciao.
                                Last edited by JupitorEffect; 03-27-2008, 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

Working...
                                X