RE4 Classic Edition update! Boxarts!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by en masse murder View Post
    So's not to come across as quite the condescending arse I so overtly have been I think this site is great, RE is great (for the most part!) and I am unquestionably the greatest

Now I am a concieted condescending arse!

I still don't like this April fools 'joke' your pulling. It's like all yearly holiday thinga-me-jigs. They start earlier EVERY year. This being a case in point

Why couldn't you have just done a naked Ada Wong cheat code (with fake screeny!!) for the Wii and be done with it!? Desperate teenage boys 'make' themselves believe crap like that is real, no need to convince them
    Sshhh! That's next years joke!

Comment

• (Can't be arsed reading all the comments)

Still think it's fake, the placement of the NTSC, RP and Capcom logo are all wrong, plus there is a black bar on the right side of the RP logo indicating the logo has just been dumped in a box and a white border drawn round it. And there should be a capital E on Edition. And, of course the obvious, why would there be a RE art first and not a Biohazard art? Yeah, i'm picky when it comes to the little things. It'll be interesting to see what gets put up on the 1st...
      Last edited by rewak; 03-27-2008, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rewak View Post
        (Can't be arsed reading all the comments)

Still think it's fake, the placement of the NTSC, RP and Capcom logo are all wrong, plus there is a black bar on the right side of the RP logo indicating the logo has just been dumped in a box and a white border drawn round it. And there should be a capital E on Edition. And, of course the obvious, why would there be a RE art first and not a Biohazard art? Yeah, i'm picky when it comes to the little things. It'll be interesting to see what gets put up on the 1st...
        The cell snapshot's PS3 box had a different coloured "4" as well.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what gets put up on the 1st...
          Heads will explode. Trust me.

Comment

(Can't be arsed reading all the comments)

The placement of the logos looks fine to me, looking at the other Capcom boxarts in their press lounge. I guess you also didn't pay attention to the first post since you commented on it being RE instead of BH. It was obtained from the American branch, thus it would have the RE name on it. I assume theres BH ones made, however I haven't been sent those. As for your comment on the capital E see the attachment.

Umon, have you ever used a shitty cellphone camera and tried to take a picture off a screen? The colors on the edges will get fucked up quite a bit. This is what you are seeing with the yellow tint. Poor lighting conditions most likely.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Wait..does this mean RE4 Wii never existed because of the lower-case e?

My mind is blown already.
              Last edited by GalacticAE; 03-27-2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                The placement of the logos looks fine to me, looking at the other Capcom boxarts in their press lounge. I guess you also didn't pay attention to the first post since you commented on it being RE instead of BH. It was obtained from the American branch, thus it would have the RE name on it. I assume theres BH ones made, however I haven't been sent those. As for your comment on the capital E see the attachment.

Umon, have you ever used a shitty cellphone camera and tried to take a picture off a screen? The colors on the edges will get fucked up quite a bit. This is what you are seeing with the yellow tint. Poor lighting conditions most likely.
                You know, I had been meaning to point that out about the lowercase "e" on "Wii edition," but for some reason kept forgetting to do it. Ah well.

Comment

And, of course the obvious, why would there be a RE art first and not a Biohazard art?
                  Well Umbrella Chronicle's box art was the last to be revealed, same with Wii edition I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post

You misunderstood (kinda anyway), i read the American branch bit, but what i mean is why would there be any other version right now than BH? Unless of course, an American branch is working on this, and it'll be released there before Japan. And the placement is very wrong, take that pic of RE4-Wii you posted. See the rating is equal distance from the bottom and the spine? Same with the logo? On these both are way in from the sides. And there is still the black bar on the right of the rating, the sudden change in shade, it just all looks fishy, too fishy to be official.

Comment

• I just took the DMC4 boxart off Capcoms press lounge. Have a look for yourself. I see that the Rating Pending logo has a bit more black on it, which I admit is weird but other than that they match up 100% dude.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Video footage will have to be filmed off a tv Thankfully he has a pretty decent one, so it should look as good as it can. I guess hes having problems hooking up his devkit to take videos. He can take screens fine, but videos wont work for some reason.

I can't give an exact date but I'm hoping for it by tomorrow. I'll probably have to youtube this, because I cant have 3000 some people downloading it off the site, we'd crash in an instant. High quality footage will come a few days after it dies down.

Edit: Oh yeah, it will be from the 360 version which runs 720p rendered (1080p upscaled). The PS3 version will run 1080p rendered. He says assets are the same between them so the only difference is the resolution. Apparently the game has some slowdown and bugs still so we might be seeing that on the vid.
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-27-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• right on im pretty excited to see this! Im pretty optomistic that this is true, I will laugh in everyones faces if they are proved wrong that this not a fake, but a friendly laugh lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by JupitorEffect View Post
                            Since you logged my IP, you should figure out where I live and by extension, you'll realize I'm not Grace Saunders, so Big Stu was lying when he claimed that I was and was only trying to spread slander about me because he has some psychotic personal vendetta against me.
                            Oh my GOD who are you trying to kid? I never said you were Grace Saunders, that name never even came up in this thread you crazy bastard!

Comment

• So I think....

Good Dot, go ahead and surprise the world a bit!
                              I thought , think , and will think you're serious.

Comment

• It would be funny when the footage shows up and t is 100% real, Capcom would probably say something like "Oops, we forgot we were working on that" or they will just cancel the game to cover their ass.

Don't forget that the box art might still be a WIP. Although the "Classic edition" font is the same from RE4 Wii. I could make better box art than that..... well not really... I suck at Phototshop CS2.....
                                Last edited by FeurMensch; 03-28-2008, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X