Resident Evil Classic Edition: The Truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nemesis_lover View Post
    1.5 for next yeah, i would have to go and steal Dots lovely r.e collection to teach him a lesson, if he turned that into a joke ;)
    Get sure to have your passport for that!!!

Comment

Crikey, this all did get out of hand didn't it!

Who'd have thught so many people would get annoyed over a April fools joke about ANOTHER re-release of a game :S

Glad to see that the majority here saw the funny side though Awesome work Dot, worked like a charm so it seems haha

Comment

Man, I'm glad I was born with a sense of although probably different from most people.

Its not as if Dot 'joked' about having the 1.5ssszzzz, it was actually something that was somewhat feasible in possibly happening.

Oh well guess I have a different sense of humor from others (no-one is implied just saying.)

Anyway good job Dot.
        Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah "Classic Edition" was a pretty stupid name for it if it was real.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
            Yeah "Classic Edition" was a pretty stupid name for it if it was real.
            Because CODE: Veronica X was so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              Because CODE: Veronica X was so much better.
              What's wrong with "Code Veronica X"? It's cool...at least IMO XD.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobelvago View Post
                What's wrong with "Code Veronica X"? It's cool...at least IMO XD.
                Who's idea was it to put the that silly "X" on it? some brain dead zombie...

Should've had the Japanese title: "Code Veronica Complete" ...cause, isn't that what it is. Its the complete version of the game.

Comment

i'd rather have had "resident evil code veronica : hyper flash edition" anyday ..

Comment

What's always shitted me about CODE: Veronica is that it's always written

'Resident Evil CODE: Veronica'

Reads like it's a part of a series called Resident Evil CODE, and then the X makes it sound lke the 10th installment...

Still, it would be better than

Resident Evil CODE: Veronica: Champion edition
                    Resident Evil CODE: Veronica: Hyper fighting
                    Super Resident Evil CODE: Veronica
                    Super Resident Evil CODE: Veronica turbo
                    Hyper Resident Evil CODE: Veronica
                    Super Resident Evil CODE: Veronica Turbo HD Remix

(All various versions of Capcom's Street Fighter 2)
                    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 04-04-2008, 08:33 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                      What's always shitted me about CODE: Veronica is that it's always written

'Resident Evil CODE: Veronica'

Reads like it's a part of a series called Resident Evil CODE, and then the X makes it sound lke the 10th installment...

Still, it would be better than

Resident Evil CODE: Veronica: Champion edition
                      Resident Evil CODE: Veronica: Hyper fighting
                      Super Resident Evil CODE: Veronica
                      Super Resident Evil CODE: Veronica turbo
                      Hyper Resident Evil CODE: Veronica
                      Super Resident Evil CODE: Veronica Turbo HD Remix

(All various versions of Capcom's Street Fighter 2)
                      I know what you mean, they should've titled it a little more properly.

- Resident Evil: Code: Veronica

Though I can see how that looks really odd and why they didn't use it.

What I always find odd, is how many people think Alexander's project is titled/called "Code: Veronica" ...when its just "Veronica", Veronica being the 'codename' itself.... The word 'code', not part of the project name.

If someone in the Ashford Labs were to ask where Alexander was at the moment, the reply would be "He's currently working on the 'Veronica' project" ..or would they? It was a secret wasn't it.

Comment

• I just passed the work onto Carnivol so he can edit it down to a work-able structure. Sorry its taken so long, Takeuchi speaks really fast and it was difficult to not only translate it, but to get everything down in place. It still needs to go through heavy editing, as the amount of words he speaks are just too much to read in the amount of time we have, but nothing of value will be lost. I'll probably host the "full" translation on the site anyway, in text form.

Theres some nice tidbits in here though, such as a hint that the virus will be Progenitor

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          I just passed the work onto Carnivol so he can edit it down to a work-able structure. Sorry its taken so long, Takeuchi speaks really fast and it was difficult to not only translate it, but to get everything down in place. It still needs to go through heavy editing, as the amount of words he speaks are just too much to read in the amount of time we have, but nothing of value will be lost. I'll probably host the "full" translation on the site anyway, in text form.

Theres some nice tidbits in here though, such as a hint that the virus will be Progenitor
                          WoW,i hope they awnser some questions about the progenitor virus in re 5,and if this is true than i think there is a bigger chance of billy coen to apear in re 5,and maybe re zero for the wii is just a hint to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            That would certainly make sense, as the Progenitor Virus was originally discovered in Africa.

I know, technically it was the Mother Virus that was discovered in Africa, but I am of the opinion that the Progenitor and Mother viruses (viri?) are one and the same. After all, in one of the cutscenes in RE0, Billy mentions the Mother Virus, despite the fact that it is mentioned nowhere else in the game.

Though it does beg the question why it has such vastly different effects on the populace in RE5 than the test subjects in RE0. Perhaps it's a refined version separate from the T-Virus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              That would certainly make sense, as the Progenitor Virus was originally discovered in Africa.

I know, technically it was the Mother Virus that was discovered in Africa, but I am of the opinion that the Progenitor and Mother viruses (viri?) are one and the same. After all, in one of the cutscenes in RE0, Billy mentions the Mother Virus, despite the fact that it is mentioned nowhere else in the game.
                              I also believe they are one and the same. All the names have similar enough meaning.
                              In Wesker's Report II he calls it the 'Founder virus'.
                              In the remake the document in Wesker's hands (written by William Birkin) refers to a 'Primogenitor' virus, which was administered 21 years before the discovery of the G virus.

EDIT: Isn't this the wrong thread for all this?
                              Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 04-04-2008, 07:57 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime Blue
                                You mix that up with the Ebola Virus. We don't know where Spencer, Ashford and Marcus discovered the Progenitor Virus.
                                I'm fairly certain that one of the files in one of the games says the Mother Virus was discovered in Africa. I'll have to check, though.

EDIT: I guess I was wrong. All of the files of which I was thinking only mention that Spencer, Ashford, and Marcus discovered the Mother/Progenitor Virus. None of them say where.
                                Last edited by Archelon; 04-05-2008, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X