No announcement yet.

RE5 Screens, Info Leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alzaire says something about people mocking, and then someone jumps in and does just that. Brilliant. Sorry, but I'm gonna go through some of the finer points, then I'll start ignoring.

Originally posted by LeigiBoy View Post
    [B][COLOR="Green"]Ding ding ding

We Have a winner!!!!!
    Really? Then horror movie creators can hang it up, because of the possibility that some group out there might be desensitized? SHO had the intensity of the a typical SH game, despite being a 5th game in the series.

RE 3.5 looked like horror despite using a different approach, while maitaining the same formula. There are other ways to explore the horror theme, but it's about market trends and what sells a game nowadays. Hence what we have here.

I say: not the whole world was built by George Trevor
    What kind of nonsense is this? Almost every single game out there has puzzles that are more complex than RE4's. Ninja Gaiden and Onimusha had more complex puzzles, despite being straight up action.

Simpler puzzles were made to make the series more casual and mainstream. Less thinking required compared to all of the previous puzzles.

I say: more than 10 years have passed, they survive more than an outbreak and know that it is capable people like weskern... but you are right it's better if the characters not be prepared and pretend surprise and fear in this kind of situation, despite what lived since before....
    Right, you may have a point if it's a state of constant horror for 10 years, and not just some key incidents. Despite what you see in movies or the media, even veteran soldiers experience fear but hide it well in real life.

Trying to make sense out of a fictional game is downright idiotic. Let's explore this further and try figuring out what the T and G-viruses really were. More importantly, what resurrected Wesker really.. I would love to know the virus he was injected with to achieve mortality.

i say: yeah shoot against a dead dude who can barely walk and an alive thinking man reinforced by a parasite its the same thing...
    There are more to the old games than just shooting. Ammo conservation was key, and having done speed runs, you can avoid shooting the vast majority of them. Shooting is a mere part of the formula, and not the focus.

It's not the same thing by a long shot. You don't get points rewarded or ammo or money in the old games. In RE4, that was the focus. You can theoretically run past them but then you don't have money to upgrade weapons. If it's the same thing, go play the average FPS or Gears of Wars or Uncharted. They're the same thing as the old RE games.

I say: Strategy? maybe the 2 or 3 first time you play... when you dont know the amount of ammo per enemy and once you have the shotgun all things are much more simple(especially against zombies). Afraid of what's behind the door? again maybe the 2 or 3 first time you play, the amount of enemies in each room barely changes in every game. Like in RE4...
    So let's discount the possibility that we'll see new enemies in each game, despite the fact that every single game had them. Even Zero had new ones that required a different approach, with more of them at the same time (the monkeys for example).

But when the music start rolling like DMC's Lock & Load in RE4 alarming you of enemies around to start shooting, that's horror.

For the record I love every game of RE with their pros and cons and i dont wanna be a asshole(or sound like one) o something like that but i dont like when there is senseless complaints like "is not a god game/a survival horror/a Resident evil because i say it"
    Then may I suggest avoid posting stuff like that in the future? Don't dismiss the reasoning provided of why some of us don't like the current direction. No one on this thread laid out their preference without an explanation, so it's not a case of "because I say so"; read them through.

Love the direction? Outstanding. As I said, with enough changes to cater to current market trends, they may be able to replicated the commercial success they had with the PS1 series.
    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 05-24-2008, 11:43 AM.

Comment

i do agree with what umon said about the puzzles though, i like onimusha puzzles. i remember when the puzzles were harder and thought provoking, re 4 just threw it at you.

some tigers have red eyes and some have blue!

Comment

Re5 looks awesome!
        Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2008, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Damn people! The resident evil that we call "clasic" is gone. Gone forever, damn it! And I feel sad about it. I liked it. But now there is no chance for Capcom to make a new RE in an oldschool style. If you expect something really scary from RE5 you shoud better play SH or the first part of RE. Because you will not get anything from Re5 but action and maybe tense about low health and no bullets when you are soraunded. It sucks in some ways, yes. But I can leave with that. Because RE5 is gona be a great game. And I play games in order to have some fun. We just have to face this facts and wait till the games release.
          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

you sound like you're sorta contradicting yourself

i guess just drop it, everyone's gonna judge for themselves when it comes out anyway

Comment

Ah... forget it...
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

We can always hope they release Resident Evil Outbreak File 3 and 4 Capcom can finally finish giving us the levels they promised us so many years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                  We can always hope they release Resident Evil Outbreak File 3 and 4 Capcom can finally finish giving us the levels they promised us so many years ago!
                  What's that old saying? "Don't hold your breath"?

Comment

I have a machine to do that actually. Saves me from going hypoxic <3

Comment

• Oh man, does it affect your whole body or only certain parts?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          Oh man, does it affect your whole body or only certain parts?
                          Well since I was small, I knew this girl who used to hold her breath anytime she wouldn't get her way. She was so stubborn, she actually passed out once I believe. So I invented a device that holds your breath for you. I call it the Breath Retention Device. Here's a picture :

Edit : LOL @ The Dude
                          Last edited by Project Omega; 05-26-2008, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                            Well since I was small, I knew this girl who used to hold her breath anytime she wouldn't get her way. She was so stubborn, she actually passed out once I believe. So I invented a device that holds your breath for you. I call it the Breath Retention Device. Here's a picture :

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6...typev12ij6.jpg
                            I lol'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeigiBoy View Post
                              EPIC WIN
                              U R AWESOME

I basically agree with everything you said right there.

I believe that resident evil fans have split after RE4. The ones that like it and accept it into the series, and the ones that hate it to death and curse capcom for becoming innovative. Unfortunately the latter tends to be a lot louder.

RE4 was necessary. It brought the series into the mainstream. It was critically appraised and brought the series into the limelight. It was a fun innovative experience. And it was scary, if you were not scared one bit at any point in the game, YOUR DOIN IT WROHNG. I guess it was a different type of fear, the fear of panic. RE4 gave something that was rare in RE previously. Being completely surrounded. You could get surrounded by enemies on the ground and have enemies on the roof throwing blades at you. The communication of enemies in a language you don't understand. Not knowing if they're coming up from behind. This is the first time in a while that you don't have an auto aim to find enemies for you. You also cant see behind you.
                              There were plenty of heart rate-rising moments in the game. The hedge maze full of mutant dogs, the fight with U3, traveling in the sewers with invisible insects, any fight with the chainsaw guy, the fight with the semi-tyrant, being stuck in the cage with a enraged gimp with 3 foot claws, regenerators, the game was scary. I think its at least 10 times scarier than CV.
                              Sure it lacked in story and was a tad cliche. But aren't all RE games really really cliche? And don't complain about RE5 looking just like RE4 because 1-3 are basically the same with minor improvements each iteration. Also don' complain about Chris Falcon Paonching his way through enemies and dodging and rolling, because Jill Valentine TACKLED flesh eating zombies with her magic whore powers and dodged and rolled all the while wearing a miniskirt.

But these arguments are pointless. If you don't like the game you will never like the game. But these arguments arise because you have to complain. If you don't like RE4 then don't say that people who like it are wrong, because you're both wrong. If you don't like the game then just shut up about it and don't play because you aren't being forced to play it. You can voice your opinions but don't think less of someone or call them retarded or insult them or argue pointlessly with them because they like a Resident Evil game and are talking about it on a Resident Evil Fan site. (OUTRAGEOUS)

My Favorite RE Games in Order:
                              REmake, RE3, RE4, REOB, RE2, RE0, RECV, RE-S

And I think RE5 will outrank RE4

Comment

• Amen BLSR1! That is the truth, the holy truth. No one could've said better, man! Espesualy about Jill's super cosmic whore powers.

Comment

Working...
                                X