Resident Evil 5 Trailer LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    I wish they showed some originality though. The burlap sack chainsawed man, I mean, really? Could they not at least unmask him this time or give him another weapon? It just seems silly to have it so closely follow Resident Evil 4.
    Like I said on another forum. It's like a palette swap so far. Africa/Spain, Chris/Leon, new woman/Ada, mystery blonde/Ashley. I know they still have a lot to work on, but it still could use a bit more originality like you said.

The offcial site will hopefully provide some information on a solid ground.
    Last edited by Bertha; 05-31-2008, 01:26 AM.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Honestly, I'm not that surprised that they're following RE4 so closely (not that I'm complaining, but that's a discussion for another time). Ever since it was announced, I've fully expected RE5 to basically be to RE4 what RE2 was to RE1. Essentially the same, just bigger and more of it.

Frankly, the thing that worried me more was the fact that they're reusing the animations from RE4. Considering the game won't be out until next year, I'm still holding out hope that these are just placeholders, but we're two trailers in, and we're still seeing the same animations.

Comment

I am concerned by the ammount of stuff they seem to have lifted wholesale from Resident Evil 4. I notice in the openeing shots it shows a number of wooden buildings built over a water area. The underground areas also have a similar feel to those in RE4, where you do the mine cart ride.

Doubled checking it appears the parasite errupts from the mouth, it doesn't mutate the host...beyond, presumably, giving them a greater pain threshold or removing it entirely and some regenerative abilities. Of note is that at 12:04 on the clip, right after the dog attack, you see someone's head being ripped off and replaced with a parasite...almost exactly Las Plagas style. So I'm guessing while light doesn't kill them they don't like it much either, as the scene takes place in a very dark tunnel.

Comment

The one thing that I do like about the trailer is the pure numbers game. Zombies (I know these arent, but consider a zombie a follower type of deal and it works) arent scary if its one or two in an open area, but if there are hundreds, and can create a true overwhelming feeling, then Im cool with it.

Comment

Well... Yeah, the trailer was...GOOD! I liked it alot. I can already imagine how intense and great the game will be. And about the unanswered questions, with them being like this till the release, playing the game for the first time will be much more interesting.
            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I don't understand people who are saying that RE5 seems RE4 HD...
              RE1 RE2 and RE3 have basically similar gameplay too...
              RE4 was mainly a based on gameplay game () with a bad plot, RE5 seems a pumped RE4, but Its plot promises a lot of emotions... emotions that RE4 didn't give me!
              ISs there anyone that remember RE4 trailer?
              Ashley: Leooooooooooooon, help!!!!
              Leon: Don't worry ashely I'm coming for you!
              RE4 was stupid from the beginning

RE5...
              Chris: I knew it from the moment I arrive, theres no reason here, no humanity. Everywhere I look I find vacant stares. All I see is death.

RE5 will be a great game! surely better than RE4.
              Last edited by Sunglasses; 05-31-2008, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Well, did you see a giant snake in Resident Evil 2? They went with completely different bosses in Resident Evil 2.
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-31-2008, 01:50 AM.

Comment

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=429 There is something seriously wrong with that dude's head.

By the way, does anyone know when this is going to be up on X-Box Live Marketplace? I just checked, and it wasn't there.
                  Last edited by Archelon; 05-31-2008, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Yeah, you didn't see that? I'd guess that some of them act as hosts which can "grow" parasites to infect others. Hence the line:
                    "Our bodies will shall become their death and salvation!!!!!"

Comment

Because so much of it the same.

An agent, seen in a previous game, is sent ot a forieng country to battle monsters infected with a parasite. During the course of the game he has the aid of a badass female fighter and must protect a lone, frail girl. Which one am I talking about here?

I wasn't expecting them to deviate much from the RE4 formula. It worked well and netted them vast sums of cash. But so far they aren't deviating at all. Same enemies, same storyline, even some of the areas look the same. The big truck on the bridge is a scene right out of 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=429 There is something seriously wrong with that dude's head.
                        grrrrrr disgusting

Comment

I'm sick off all this sizzle Capcom. Gimmie some meat!

Prove me wrong that it's not RE4 HD Capcom. Judging from what's been seen, everything is looking mighty similar, with just a few tweaks here and there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            I like how Parasites can expose themselves at will now and don't require you to blow their head off first
                            Yeah i liked the graphical touches to that as well, especially the forcing back down of the parasite!

Well, after all this time all i can think is...

[size=200]MEH[/size].

In it's own right of course, it's a great trailer. But i think the last trailer was better, so perhaps that's why this trailer doesn't hit me as hard as the last one? Very similar in style too. Slow beginning, short intro from Chris, loads of action scenes and set pieces, before finishing with an outro from Chris and focusing on a female.

But yeah, it's not all we were led to believe really is it? I mean, the Famitsu article sometime ago said said we'd find out who the blonde girl was in the last trailer...and we've nothing. He also said that if you thought RE5 was looking just like RE4 after the last trailer that we'd change our minds when we saw this trailer? Not at all, looks even MORE like RE4 did before...not that it's a bad thing, but it seems we were misled here?

I can only assume Capcom switched strategies and made an entirely different trailer...unless the new girl IS the blonde in the tube after a quick makeover? haha

What i did see, i liked. Epic scenery, huge battles, crazy ammounts of enemy AI on screen. Goes without saying that it's a very similar enemy to Las Plagas' parasite of course...but i was itching to see some zombie action in the trailer. It's not that i can't let go of RE's past...just that i'm expecting them to be in the game since we'll see them in Degen anyway.

But yeah, excellent trailer in it's own right and i can still see myself enjoying the game, but this trailer hasn't done anything to displace Alone In The Dark 5 as my most wanted title right now.

Comment

yeah show some originality: stop saying "RE5 is RE4 in Africa" ... I mean the whole world already knows that and far as i know nobody in here is blind...

highlight the good things or things that you liked.

I liked
                              parasites good
                              dogs good
                              speed good
                              aisles full of enemies good
                              lantern reminds me Zelda3 XD but good
                              Last edited by LeigiBoy; 05-31-2008, 02:11 AM.

Comment

I'm probably the only one who thought this, but I found what they're doing with this parasite to be an interesting compromise between zombies and Ganados. They behave like Ganados, but with the ability to summon (probably not the best word to use here) the parasite at will, and during daylight no less, it allows the enemies to actually feast on Chris without outright killing him in one shot (like the plagas that bit Leon's head off), much like the zombies of yore.

Comment

Working...
                                X