No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 Trailer LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's the same as this place then we might have something: http://travelingluck.com/Africa/Rwan...jo.html#themap

Kijojo, appears to be in East Province of Rwanda in the Nyagatare district, very close to the border with Uganda. Something tells me though, that if it is Rwanda, that you'll be traveling West from Kijojo to the Virunga mountains. It's probably a safe bet that by watching the movie Congo, we can get some insight on some of this game since (at least in the book) Congo took place in the Virunga mountains as well.

Comment

• Do you guys understand what the african says at the beginning of his speech?
      He says like "Africa is our land... YADA YADA YADA to paradise!"
      I just can't figure out what he says though! Does anyone have a clue?

And I just got "Our paradise shall become their death and salvation" [his last phrase].
      Last edited by Red Queen; 05-31-2008, 12:51 PM.
      http://www.residentevildatabase.com
      Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

• It's english for the most part, just with a 2" ft thick accent.

Comment

• Yes it is english. I believe I'm crazy but I understood something like "Guine... bla bla bla to paradise!"
          But I think I'm getting influenced by Africa stuff, so...
          http://www.residentevildatabase.com
          Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

• When I get home, I'll replay the trailer and jot down what I hear.

Comment

• I can't say I liked RE4 all that much so I'm not so excited for this game. I'm looking forward to the advancement of the original storyline though.

Comment

• I cant wait for this game!!! Roll on the next trailer already!!! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                  Africa and Antarctica are several thousand miles away at the closest points. Similar, yes. The same, probably not.
                  You're right...but if both the pictures show the same location, Antartica? Could be the CVX flashback...

Comment

• great now we have re 4 version 2 with a new super human character,this got to be a joke.

Comment

• Thanks for the correction on Kijuju Interesting that they are actually naming the town/area now.

Comment

• You know, a lot of people have been pointing out the presence of white enemies in this trailer and complaining that Capcom buckled under the pressure and, thus, stuck white enemies in just to appease the people who thought this game was racist. However, I wonder if the trailer as a whole wasn't a reaction to the outcry.

For all we know, the white enemies were already in the game when the first trailer was released. They just didn't happen to appear in the footage that was shown. Regardless, that's not my main point. After the first trailer was released, Takeuchi said in an interview that the second trailer for the game would have a larger focus on the blonde girl as well as really demonstrate that RE5 would not just be a retread of RE4.

Well, the second trailer has come and gone, and there was no sign of the blonde girl whatsoever, and, if anything, this trailer only cemented many people's belief that RE5 would be nothing more than "RE4 HD." That certainly seems to contradict what Takeuchi said. Well, let's suppose for a moment that this trailer was not originally intended to be shown at CAPTIVATE, but later, perhaps at E3. Instead, the trailer Takeuchi described was supposed to be shown during CAPTIVATE.

This interview with Takeuchi was taken before people began claiming that the game was racist. Consider some of the accusations about how the first trailer portrayed impoverished black people. Well, this trailer pretty clearly illustrated that these "people" are far from normal and that their behavior is a direct result of whatever parasite they have been infected with. The trailer had a strong emphasis on said parasite.

What if, aside from the white enemies (assuming for the sake of argument that they were placed in the game as a result of the controversy), this trailer was meant to really hammer home the fact that the villagers in this game are no longer human, and thus, their demeanor is not a representation of how the developers view a certain race?

I have no doubt I'm looking way too much into this, but in the snowball's chance in Hell that I'm right, then we may see some of the "big changes" the developers have in store for us come E3.

Comment

• I think you have a pretty good point Archelon. What they said would get is not consistant with the trailer.

For me, I think the whole racist argument is completely backwards and only pleas for attention by the ones making them. If black people aren't in the game, its racist. If they are, the game is still racist because they are getting killed. So what? The white people get killed off too.

In the beginning when you see the African man clubbing someone, that is a very realistic view of what has been going on in many of the African civil wars (Rwanda, Darfur, etc). If it is one thing Capcom has done right, it is (so far from the new trailer) showing that the people Chris will be going up against are very violent, infected or not.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Yeah, I'd tend to agree Archelon. This trailer seems like it was rushed out the door to quell any of the backlash the game was getting. I guess we'll know for sure when the next trailer comes out.

Comment

• http://static.capcom.com/residentevi...t2_english.flv if anyone wants to convert it.
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• The trailer still isn't up on X-Box Live. Neither is the episode of GametrailersTV, for that matter. Is that because of the embargo? I would've thought it would've been uploaded by now.

Comment

Working...
                                X