No announcement yet.

1UP Interviews Takeuchi, Download sections updated, New Wallpapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jun Takeuchi was only Advisor in UC staff...

Comment

Originally posted by Petronio View Post
      Another thing: In Cv there is no mention to Africa regarding the virus. All we know about Africa is written in WR2, when Wesker describes the virus Ebola. I suggest T. buying some old games before publishing RE5.
      Thank you! You saved me from having to play CV again. (Not that it would be a chore or anything ) When I read that bit about CV revealing the origin of the Progenitor virus as Africa, I was almost sure it wasn't true. Though there was a part of me that wondered if it had been too long since I last played CV. The only thing in CV mentioning the origin of the Progenitor virus is the file "Alexander's Memo" which says that Spencer and Edward Ashford discovered the Mother virus (Progenitor). It's never been revealed anywhere where the virus was discovered.

There is one game that mentions Africa however. In Dead Aim in the file "Thoughts on My Kingdom" Morpheus writes:

"The symbol of power is in Africa...The symbol of knowledge is here in the Bio-Sphere...The symbol of beauty is mine...The beauty controls everything and I shall dominate it...Establishing a kingdom where beauty has absolute authority is the dream, which I must make a reality. I was disappointed by Umbrella's betrayal, but that's fine. I'll just use them in return. If I secure enough funds, I will materialize the construction of my kingdom deep in Africa."

I still have absolutely no idea what he is talking about. There's no mention of Africa anywhere else in the game, or of anything important being in Africa. Although it seems unlikely that Dead Aim of all RE titles would hint at something like the origin of the Progenitor virus, I'm starting to wonder if there is any significance to this. What is the "symbol of power" in Africa? Why does Morpheus want to establish his kingdom there?

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post

Now, we will truly learned what happened to it, how many people left running it were left, where were the last branches of it, it or if not it was transported to Africa, if or if not Africa is the the place where Umbrella resides now.

And SO MANY other things.
        Because Capcom has such a good reputation for delivering on the things they promise right?

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
        Jun Takeuchi was only Advisor in UC staff...
        Well then if he's an adviser, he's more than likely to know more about the ins and outs of the game than any of us, and would've been in a position to set things in motion for RE5 as well!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
          X