No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4 scandal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that is very intresting, Now im wondering if the alt. costumes will show in the cutscenes.

Comment

that screenshot you posted is from a radio sequences, those dont count as cutscenes

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556
        You obviously aren't listening properly - the guy who works for Capcom Europe and has played the final version has confirmed that the scenes aren't realtime. Plus, the PS2 can't handle it either.
        the copy he played wasn't the 100% final version, and the ps2 is more than capable of it. Silent Hills 3 and 4 are have real time costume changes in cut scenes and their graphics are arguably the best the system has. MGS 2 and 3 have amazing graphics ( not better than RE4 or SH3&4)and don't have pre- rendered cut scenes either. There is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be in the ps2 version or RE4.

Comment

Originally posted by vickissv3
          the copy he played wasn't the 100% final version, and the ps2 is more than capable of it. Silent Hills 3 and 4 are have real time costume changes in cut scenes and their graphics are arguably the best the system has. MGS 2 and 3 have amazing graphics ( not better than RE4 or SH3&4)and don't have pre- rendered cut scenes either. There is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be in the ps2 version or RE4.
          He played the copy they'll be giving out in a blue box with an instruction manual :pompous: I'm pretty sure it won't change. You mention Silent Hill, but Silent Hill is nothing compared to RE4. Sure, it may look good, but there's not alot of technologically advanced techniques being employed to make it look good, while RE4 does have these methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556
            He played the copy they'll be giving out in a blue box with an instruction manual :pompous: I'm pretty sure it won't change. You mention Silent Hill, but Silent Hill is nothing compared to RE4. Sure, it may look good, but there's not alot of technologically advanced techniques being employed to make it look good, while RE4 does have these methods.
            No he didn't he played a review copy, which means its not 100% final, so you can't be absolutely sure. An your thoughts on silent hill are nothing but opinion. because character models look just as detailed , and SH3 has more impressive lighting effects than the PS2 version of RE4. Im not comparing it to the GC version because the lighting and texture detail blows the ps2 version of it and the silent hill games out of the water, which everyone already knows.
            The fact is that there is no reason the ps2 wouldn't be able to handle that in real time , you all can quote me on that in two weeks when the game is out and we can see for ourselves

Comment

I'm positive about PS2 version movies are being pre-rendered, and who keeps you away from rendering few different FMV with 4.5Gb or even 8Gb DVD?

Comment

It probably was a review copy, however you gotta realize that very little if ANYTHING is changed in a review copy - final.

Given that the game is nearly 2 weeks away I doubt they could manufacture all the discs in this timeframe. Besides that I dont think they would change anything as drastic as that from the review copy.

Comment

Probably the PS2 Version have the cut-scenes prerendered; cuz' is obvious that they won't do all the game discs in 2 weeks, at least the disc copies were made about 2 months ago were talking about millions of copies, and the other fact is that I doubt that the PS2 has the gfx power to match gamecube's; at least is one difference between those versions, that the ones who bought it for cube have something a little special for them...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

What a shame! Chalk one up for the Gamecube fanboys!
                    ...Just kidding, guys! Heh.

Very interesting, though..great find, Dot50Cal.
                    If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

well actually if you look at it,this can be counted as one up for the ps2 fanboys as well, since this ensures the cutscenes will be of the same quality as the cube one's. As for the costumes in the scenes, well players are used to see that sorta thing in previous RE's so it shouldn't be a big bother
                      Last edited by A-J; 10-14-2005, 01:29 AM.

Comment

It still sucks since we won't get to see Leon being bad ass in his mafia suit.

Comment

yes james, it will sucks.. it will sucks really bad. :p

Comment

Yeah, I saw that when I was watching the demo run, however the gameplay still looks super awesome.

Comment

Working...
                            X