Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*UPDATE 2* Resident Evil 5 - Release Date, Live Demo, Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched the Chris & Sheeva video. Not a whole lot of talking by the looks of it. From the locals or the heroes. Makes me think it will support voice chat... Which may or may not be a good thing. To me they actually look outmanned, which is a good thing. I think it's good that they just can't hold their ground and destroy everyone. Hopefully the actual game is similar, and that you really get an 'on the run' feel.

I'm seeing some new animations too. Hopefully get rest get replaced. Looks like Chris' thrust punch is nearly as good as Weskers too. (awesome uppercut too).
    sigpic

Comment

Trailer empresed me, yeah great action and graphics and so on. And I thought it was obvious that classic re died after re4 and all the next re games will be just like the 4, but it stil does not mean that there will be no horror and intense moments, atleast when you play the game for the first time. Anyway I'am sure that soon there will be an extended version of this trailer so lets wait.
      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Capcom showed a gameplay demo of Resident Evil 5 at the conference, also announcing a two-player co-op mode. The game is planned to be released in early March 2009, and here are some new images and a new trailer. Update: Both versions of the trailer are now available. The gameplay part seem identical, but the story part is totally different.

trailer from the japanese PSN store, might have new stuff ?

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
          http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6779_en.html

trailer from the japanese PSN store, might have new stuff ?
          Thanks. There are some new scenes in this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
            Thats what made me think it looked familair!

And to the dudes who comment on El Gigante and placeholders...
            If they were really placeholders...how many do they need on a game that they've been working on for 3 years?

And El Gigante in a cutscene pretty much confirms him.
            Last edited by Gradon; 07-15-2008, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't completely place my hopes on the idea that they're placeholders because:
              - It's Capcom
              - It's what people said about Umbrella Chronicles
              - It's Capcom.

Comment

I wonder what came from the truck in the middle of this trailer, african type of elgigante maybe, or just the infecfed?
                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Perhaps we'll see the airship in this game then? (Hopes that element from RE 3.5 was used as well)

On the subject of El Gigante, I think Capcom at this point are throwing giants into the game like crazy. Giant Lake Monsters, Giant People, Giant Spider Plagas, etc... Do you know how much HGH (Human Growth Hormone) you'd need to create a 20 foot tall human? It took 22 years for Robert Wadllow to grow to be 8'11'' (the tallest man we have proof for) and by then his heart failed and he needed braces to walk to support his weight... Humans aren't built to be that big unfortunately. But then again, I haven't done much research into El Gigante's model so I'm not too familiar with his bone structure and what the parasite could have done to overcome human frailty.
                  Last edited by Project Omega; 07-15-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

the enemies in re 5 are the most stupid i ever seen in a re game come on and now they are going to bring back el gigante,re 5 looks great but the monsters suck.

Comment

• Look at the wallpaper on the official site, it says Gigante, lol. So yeah

Comment

• "Aim at Gigante upward direction". Why is spanish even being used? "El Gigante" means "The Giant" so why don't they just call him "Sasquatch" to make him more Capcom audience friendly?

(Sasquatch being a Dark Stalker's reference of course... Get it? They fight him in the dark after they are stalked? Sasquatch is a character from Dark Stalkers... No? No go? Oh well... )
                        Last edited by Project Omega; 07-15-2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Why oh why bring back an RE4 character? Shouldn't El Gigante be a regional villain, or does one of them happen to be on holiday from Spain?

Stoopid...

(And I don't recall...was it ever explained in RE4 just how "El Gigante" came to be? Was it a mutated creature, a human abomination...I don't remember. Not that much in RE4 made a lick of sense anyway.)

Comment

• Its possible we didn't see the blonde haired girl because she is the person under the mask. It also looks like this goofy character in the beginning of the trailer and his girl are in Africa because they are doing experiments. I have a feeling that they work for Wesker or that Wesker and or Ada will be involved.

Comment

• El Gigante looked to me like it was created from a Regenerator. If you look in the freezer room, theres one of them in there thats fairly large and looks to be in the early stages of becoming a giant.

Comment

• Well, Elgigante is made directly from humans it was said in the report about regenrators, besides it has only one prasite. So I think it was the one of Sadlers experimented plagas implanted into human host, it started an unkontrolable mutation using to much of growth hormones in prosess and in the end we have an Elgigante. Besides it is known from the reports that all the monsters of re4 are based on modified plagas even the ganados common intellect was invented and artificially puted to them by Sadler.

Comment

Working...
                                X