IGN DVD Interviews Kobayashi and Kamiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN DVD Interviews Kobayashi and Kamiya

IGN DVD has a video interview up with Kobayashi and Kamiya as they discuss Resident Evil Degeneration. Not much new information is learned, but here are the bullet points.
    • Set Seven years after the Raccoon City incident
    • There aren't any connections to Resident Evil 5, but the Degeneration team did consult them so there weren't any contradictions
    • Leon still works for the U.S. President
    • Kobayashi offered the director position on the project to Kamiya

Watch the full video at IGN DVD, Thanks Elusion M!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-07-2008, 03:35 PM.

I posted this in the News Report Topic two days ago. XD

Not a big deal, though.
    Last edited by Archelon; 09-07-2008, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I thought the producer of RE5 said Degeneration and RE5 will together clear up all the answers left in the RE universe? Am I mistaken?

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
        I thought the producer of RE5 said Degeneration and RE5 will together clear up all the answers left in the RE universe? Am I mistaken?
        He just said that they would be answering some questions, not all of them.

Comment

Leon still works for the president...honestly?
          I think they could have realeased something jucier than that...

If I were Ashley I'd fuck with Leon sooooo much.

I'd be like "LEON HELP!....me open this pickle jar."

"LEON HELP!...me with my math homework."

XD
          geez I'm a total loser.

Comment

Originally posted by vogue_dirge View Post
            Leon still works for the president...honestly?
            I think they could have realeased something jucier than that...

If I were Ashley I'd fuck with Leon sooooo much.

I'd be like "LEON HELP!....me open this pickle jar."

"LEON HELP!...me with my math homework."

XD
            geez I'm a total loser.
            Haha.

I must be the only one though, who could care less about Degeneration. It just doesn't appeal to me at all. It's probably going to be very action-like, I don't really like the setting, and I don't like the fact that terrorists are involved. Resident Evil 1 is about dark atmospheric, horror. And Capcom constantly feels the need to throw action into the series, any way they can. It is for this reason that no RE game or movie will ever top the very original game, not including REmake (to me, REmake still lacks the atmosphere the original had).
            Last edited by RetroRain; 09-07-2008, 06:52 PM.
            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

I'm almost positive that this game with have a lot of action in but feel it will be better than 5 in terms of that RE feel. Eitherway I hope the story is good and Leon is not to annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                I'm almost positive that this game with have a lot of action in but feel it will be better than 5 in terms of that RE feel. Eitherway I hope the story is good and Leon is not to annoying.
                movie. , "I'm so exited!!!"... for this movie, I can't wait to see it, I love seing Clair againe, only that... I don't like the: Clair - Leon thing, it's stupid, the chances that they meet in the same airport that's suffering the outbreak are... 10%, it's just TOO perfect for the to meet again and fight against zombies together

Comment

I didn't even realize that. I guess I really want another Re game that deals with zombies plus I did always like claire.

Comment

I viewed that video like 2 days ago...

They stated that the movie won't contradict anything in the series thus far (unlike the real life movies), and won't clash with RE5 either. The plot will fit into the series, but whether its canon or not is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                      I viewed that video like 2 days ago...

They stated that the movie won't contradict anything in the series thus far (unlike the real life movies), and won't clash with RE5 either. The plot will fit into the series, but whether its canon or not is another matter.
                      Then let me put up a smile on your face by confirming to you, that yes, Degeneration has already been stated to be canon.

And @Archelon, damn, you did post it in the news. But I think Dot50Cal reads PMs first, and I PM'ed about him this. Sorry bro.

Comment

They said that in the video? guess I missed it! *smile*

Comment

No, not in this video, but back when Degeneration was announced.

Comment

Working...
                          X