No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch Episode #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

twas a good listen as always guys. I wud agree with the CV comments to an extent. There is a hell of a lot backtrackin at times it just got damn annoying.

i didnt notice the bland graphics but lookin back yes i can see it, but i still think they are ok by todays standard. They havent aged as well as the pre-rendered but thats expected.

The BOW's were good, and Weskers appearence with HIS Hunters were a nice touch. Good 2 see presumably The Organisation makin the most of what Wesker has brought to their company, and improving upon wat Umbrella did.

Degeneration sounds awesum, i cant wait to see it now, and im glad their arent any substantial flashbacks, as CiranDevlin sed, most likely resulting in retcons and fuck ups.

From wat Gene says there are a few plotholes for the community to discuss as well.

Such as
    Spoiler:

Comment

You have to wonder why (Degeneration spoiler) Spoiler:

Comment

I have a theory, which ties into Weskers Ultimate goal. Undoubtly he wants world domination of sorts. After the disaster that was the mansion incident he failed to get for The Organisation the tyrant combat data that they required. wesker however was like dont worry guys, i know the dude who makes the G-Virus, i'll get that instead.

they send in Ada, Wesker orchestrates and gets it for the organisation. My belief is that wesker doesnt really give 2 hoots about the virus's he is collecting. This includes the T-Veronica Virus. He gets his orders to go and get the virus' for the organisation, but he himself is not interested.
        He wants the big prize - Umbrella or shud i say UMF-13. He knows that its out there, and spends most of his time trackin down Sergei.
        Theres no way The Organisation sanctioned his little trip to Russia. He acted unilaterally in acquiring the Umbrella data. He therefore has the infrastructure he needs.

Organisation hear wind of this, up crops the Plagas incident, they send in Wesker, but secretly monitor him, and tell Ada get the Master sample. which she does.

Then we have a gap, im sure he then leaves The Organisation, as Separate Ways says, he was in contact with S after RE4 anyway.

Tricell come along and the want the G-Virus for some reason. Wesker does not have a sample cos he gave his to The Organisation. But cos he has UMF-13 he has all the research notes on it that birkin has ever conducted, which will inevitably help.

Comment

Does anyone want to draw up a new relationship map for all the characters and organizations currently known prior to RE5?

Comment

im still listening to the code veronica part, and im laughing at this.

also why dun you guys have leggy on the show?

Comment

Who are all the companies again TheSelfishGene? I know there's:
              Tricell
              Wilfarm
              Umbrella (Past)
              ?...I don't remember the rest, I know you said in the podcast that there were a few more.

Comment

I'd think Spoiler:

Good Podcast though, like I said before, anyone going to be in London for the Eurogamer Expo? RE5, SFIV and Bionic Commando among other games will be on display there.

Comment

Originally posted by Holly18 View Post
                  Who are all the companies again TheSelfishGene? I know there's:
                  Tricell
                  Wilfarm
                  Umbrella (Past)
                  ?...I don't remember the rest, I know you said in the podcast that there were a few more.
                  HCF - The company Wesker is working for in Code Veronica. Presumably they have the G Virus that Ada recovered for Wesker. With the help of Wesker, they recover a sample of the T-Veronica virus from Steve's body. Wesker comments during the game that "I sold my soul to a new corporation", and still seems upset that Chris mucked up his original plans.

S - The "organization" that Ada mentions she is working for in Resident Evil 4. They have detailed knowledge of Krausers arm transformations, and unique data about the Plagas (how Saddlers staff acts as a means to control them). Ada recovers a Master Plagas sample at the end of RE4, but its unclear if she gives it to Wesker, or brings it back to S.

Umbrella -

Wilfarm - Spoiler:

Tricell - Spoiler:

Honestly, it seems like HCF has been forgotten about. Wesker seemed to be using them as a means to further his own goals, and once he had the means to control other agents (Ada, Krauser). His goals then shift in RE4 (or I guess, UC in 2003), to rebuild Umbrella as his own company. He uses Ada, who is working with the backing of "S" to infiltrate and Krauser, who is presumably a mercenary working for Wesker. Krauser seems to have a genuine interest in seeing Umbrella reformed, since he mentions that the world is going out of control and doesn't think a sane mind can rule it. To that end, when he sees that Ada is going against Weskers orders, he takes matters into his own hands and tries to kill her.

Now in RE5, we have Wesker saying a similar thing, how humanity is moving one step closer every day to destruction, and that hes not trying to end the world, hes trying to save it.
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-20-2008, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Dot thats not quite right.

Substitute HCF for The Organisation and thats right (in all probability) HCF is rumoured to stand for Hive/Host Capture Force and is likely to be paramilitary wing of The Organisation.

Ada is solely working for The Organisation, the company "S" is a passing mention to a corperation that Wesker has been in contact with since acquring the UMF-13

Comment

Really? Ah..damnit.

Comment

hey, i think the black monster with... things... surounding him, I think the blck things are the black things coming out of Sadlers staff, the things that are like worms

ok... thats a lot of "things", hahahaha

Comment

I downloaded part 4, for the Degeneration spoilers (naughty me) I listened to the whole thing and thought it was awesome. I've now downloaded part 1 & 2 I'll be getting part 3 later.

I find it refreshing to hear people talking about the older games, I still play all the older games, all the time, and sometimes I feel like the only guy that does.. So it was nice to hear people discussing the classics at length.

I look forward to future installments.

Comment

Nice podcast. When I get the chance to listen to the previous eps I sure will.

At first I wasn't really interested in the Degeneration movie but now I'm actually pretty pumped. (I had to spoil myself on a few things in order to actually get interested but nonetheless my anticipation has risen a great deal after hearing some specific details.)

Hate to sound like a noob but it would be great to hear you guys recap on REmake and Zero.

Comment

I'm anxiously awaiting those games too, Zombiepup ;) I'd love to give the Wii Editions a run through, so maybe we can do those whenever the Remake releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                                Dot thats not quite right.

Substitute HCF for The Organisation and thats right (in all probability) HCF is rumoured to stand for Hive/Host Capture Force and is likely to be paramilitary wing of The Organisation.

Ada is solely working for The Organisation, the company "S" is a passing mention to a corperation that Wesker has been in contact with since acquring the UMF-13
                                Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                                Really? Ah..damnit.
                                It would seem, judging from Ada's scenario in Umbrella Chronicles, that the Organization Ada and Wesker work for (I guess Wesker doesn't really work for them, per se, but for simplicity's sake, we'll just say he does) in 4 is the same one they work for in 2.

I agree with Neptune that HCF is not a company in and of itself, but rather a paramilitary unit within the larger Organization, as is implied by what HCF stands for, "Hive/Host Capture Force." Remember that when Wesker attacks Rockfort Island, he is accompanied by several soldiers. This suggests to me that the attack on Rockfort Island was an officially sanctioned operation by the Organization.

Wesker's infiltration of the Russian facility in Umbrella Chronicles, however, was not. He went in alone this time, which suggests to me that he was doing this for his own ends and not those of the Organization. This may be the point when the Organization begins to suspect that Wesker is not really on their side, as explained in Ada's Report. Wesker has been simply biding his time and using the Organization's resources to achieve his own plans.

Once Wesker retrieved the data from U.M.F.-013, he had no need for the Organization anymore. Enter Tricell (keep in mind I'm assuming "S" and Tricell are one and the same). At some point between the events of 4 and 5, Wesker has left the Organization completely (unless RE5 states otherwise) and allied himself with Excella of Tricell.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X