Resident Evil 5 Demo to hit Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the 5th of December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Demo to hit Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the 5th of December

We recently reported on a rumor and now got it confirmed.

The latest Famitsu reports that a demo of Resident Evil 5 (Biohazard 5 in Japan) will be hitting the Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the 5th of December.

The demo will feature sequences from two "stages/locations" in the game, and allow for both offline play and co-op play.

Curiously, the article has no mention of a PlayStation 3 demo, but apparently specifically mentions the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Also, it's not known whether or not this demo will be a world wide release, or if it'll be a Japan only and evt. also subjected to the "Gold Only" limitations some items on the Marketplace has during their first day(s) online.

The same issue also apparently has this little piece of info about the Japanese Limited Edition of the game. Exclusively available through the e-Capcom Store at the price of 12,800 yen, the Japanese Limited Edition will supposedly contain:
    -32-page Artbook (feat. commentary notes)
    -BSAA pouch, as seen worn by Chris in the game.
    -2gb USB Memory Stick shaped like an "anti-virus item from the game".
    -Packed in a "Deluxe Box".

Source of this insight about the article comes from: IGN - Resident Evil 5 Demo Hits Next Week
    (Thanks, Iron, for posting the heads up in the topic for previous report on this)
    Last edited by Borman; 11-26-2008, 01:41 PM.

Holy shit.

Consider me stoked.

LE edition is a little expensive though. =( I was hoping for it to be around the $80 range.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Antivirus item... mmm...mmm...

Comment

ZOMG! A DEMO YAYZ!
        Mmmhmmm, I'll download it, play it a couple of times, play it with my brother, then just forget about it til release.
        Ohhh, I hope I still have my trial going so I can download it first day.
        But, for Limited Edition, 128 dollars?! Bit much doncha think?

Comment

Wow, thanks Capcom for once again showing your devotion to your "multiplatform plan" I'm sure it will be released on the PSN aswell but if it is not, yet again capcom does not stick by their so called "fair" plan to all systems.

Comment

OH God!! The more of a reason to get a 360. I already need it for Left 4 Dead and now maybe an RE5 demo. A good excuse to let convince my girlfriend to apply for credit to get the whole nine yards!

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
              Wow, thanks Capcom for once again showing your devotion to your "multiplatform plan" I'm sure it will be released on the PSN aswell but if it is not, yet again capcom does not stick by their so called "fair" plan to all systems.
              Weren't most of the demo builds running on the 360?

It's the easiest to port to (since the Framework engine is developed primarily for the PC) so it makes sense.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

why no PS3 demo?

Comment

It'll probably be an exclusive demo for Xbox, considering rumours say the PS3 version has two sepcial editions for release.
                  So the demo might come out on a later date, probably the end of December perhaps.
                  Last edited by Gradon; 11-26-2008, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Again Ps3 gets the shaft. Anitvirus item? Who would this be used on? Im thinking Sherry or Jill.

Comment

Excellent news

Comment

Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
                        Again Ps3 gets the shaft. Anitvirus item? Who would this be used on? Im thinking Sherry or Jill.
                        Or maybe it's just part of the game's healing mechanics?
                        (Using an anti-viral medication of some sort. As I guess BSAA don't like depending on the existence of "herbal growth" in the area they send people in on sharp missions to.)

Comment

Holy damn....I want to preorder the special edition Japanese copy...When does e-capcom start taking the preorders? I just vistited the store and haven't seen anything new in the RE area.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                            Weren't most of the demo builds running on the 360?
                            Not since May, so this is just something MS pushed for to have some gamers experience the game on the 360 first in Japan.

Co-op demos however stink, since they're just that. You'll be limited to a lobby where you have to naturally play with someone.

EDIT: Never mind, the Kotaku headline had me thinking it's co-op only. There is mention of the game seeing an earlier Japanese release on March 5.
                            Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 11-26-2008, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                              Holy damn....I want to preorder the special edition Japanese copy...When does e-capcom start taking the preorders? I just vistited the store and haven't seen anything new in the RE area.
                              According to 1Up.com preorders open on December 4th, but I know Capcom Japanese Store doesn't sell out of Japan, I'm wrong?
                              edit:
                              Takeuchi: "the rest of the world will still need to wait until March 12" -_-
                              Last edited by Sunglasses; 11-26-2008, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X