IGN features on RE5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN features on RE5

There are 2 new Resident Evil 5 videos up on IGN. One of 'em shows off a black guy who is apparently an ally of Chris and Sheva. He can be seen fighting off the enemies in the game in real time in the video, though whether he is playable or not is unknown.

Besides the video, there are also 5 new screenshots on their gallery, as well as an updated impression preview of the game, whereby they talk about 2 new stages, and shine more light on the black guy. They talks about many new things about the demo they played, so you should go check them out.

IGN Preview
    IGN Screenshots
    IGN Gameplay Vid - all thanks to Archelon

Leaked info from indicate that there is some new Biohazard 5 news in Famitsu Weekly, which will be released in retail stores in Japan tomorrow. The only other thing I know was that they mentioned about the black guy too, so I am guessing that their information will be the same as those already revealed by IGN here. At the moment, scans are not available yet.

Irving...you think that's Fireworks Guy's name?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      Irving...you think that's Fireworks Guy's name?
      It is.

Also, the black BSAA soldier is Josh. He has to hack some computer terminals to unlock the doors in the facility while Sheva and Chris fend off enemies, though Josh will open fire himself and even perform some melee attacks should the need arise.
      Last edited by Archelon; 12-17-2008, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Where's the new weapons???? I wanna see new weapons!

Comment

I might be mistaken, but in RE4, was it possible to have your head cut off by the Chainsaw Maniac when you were grabbed by an enemy? For some reason I recall that it couldn't happen.... In the second video here, Chris gets his head cut off despite being grabbed by a Ganado dude, and that surprised me... So yeah. I may be wrong, but I thought I'd ask.

Comment

Irving, eh? So much for the "Steve" theories...which were already pretty thin.

And if you can get your head lopped off while entangled with others, then the chainsaw maniac will be a really tough opponent.
            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-17-2008, 11:50 PM.

Comment

The bat thing is called Popokari, interesting name.

Comment

Glad to see the animations on the chainsaw guys are much more flexed, than what his AI/animation was in the demo. Ecellent, thanks for the news.

Comment

The IGN content is already on the Capcom press site. The videos at 720p are gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                    Irving, eh? So much for the "Steve" theories...which were already pretty thin.

And if you can get your head lopped off while entangled with others, then the chainsaw maniac will be a really tough opponent.
                    Name=/=Identity.

Comment

famitsu scans, nothing new

Comment

Josh were perfoming the same moves as Chris, that's some BSAA-fu. Chainsaw maniacs are looking the same, that's bad. Thanks for the bat name, Zombie. Popokari, what would that mean?
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I guess these are the new areas that capcom is showing off to the press. Is it me or does it seem like there is a chainsaw guy in every area?

Comment

Yeah two chainsaw guys in one area would be a pain in the ass.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X