RPD Dispatch Episode #9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD Dispatch Episode #9

Cast: John (Dot50Cal) - John (Mr. Spencer) - Chris (Alzaire)
    Special Guest(s): Gene (TheSelfishGene) - Wayne (Randomwab) - Anatoly (Nomad9026) - Stian (Carnivol)
    Call Ins: None

Start - Introductions & Rundown
    00:51 - Resident Evil Degeneration
    62:48 - News
    75:08 - Bloopers

Mr. Spencer returns to the podcast as we discuss Resident Evil Degeneration. Frequent caller Nomad9026 joins us for this episode. This podcast also marks the return of our news segment. It should also be noted, that like Episode 8, this podcast also has a very long blooper segment.

Next Episode: Resident Evil Zero

Skit Count: 1
    (John's Absense - 62:48)

For the next podcast, we'll be discussing Resident Evil Zero. Our call-in line will be open on Saturday, January 24th.

DOWNLOAD
    1 hour 24 minutes, 38MB
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-12-2009, 05:36 PM.

Downloading now. Can't wait to listen to the skit.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Downloading now. Thanks Dot and everyone involved.

edit- Just finished listening. Great job as usual guys.
      Last edited by Bertha; 01-12-2009, 07:43 PM.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Downloading now as well. Can't wait to hear it all.

Comment

Well, that was one of the more chaotic podcasts I've heard you guys do but it was very enjoyable.
          Good to hear Mr.Spencer back on board...

I agree with Alzaire about how it would have been nice to see more than just zombies and a G-monster but I also agree that the story didn't really allow it. Still, I'm sure they could have included some more game characters in cameos (just for some fan service).
          I think you guys are 'pushing shit uphill' when you try to get too far into logical analysis of the film (and the series in general)... Why did Leon get up unharmed, after being smacked 60 meters through the air? Because he's Leon 'F**king S' Kennedy, that's why!!!
          There were some interesting points raised and I'm keen to watch it again soon (I've only seen it the once).

So, next up is Zero? That's cool!
          I think I'll blast through it again as 'leather clad Rebecca' with infinite ammo.

Comment

Twas interesting...I generally agree with everything that was said about Degeneration. And I'm gonna do my mp3 on RE0 tonight while I'm thinking about it.

Comment

Interesting stuff, but I'm more looking forward to what is going to be said about 0 myself. Keep up the good work.

Comment

I listened it and I liked it. I guess we did a good job. And it was good for me to find out that my voice sounded not as stupid as I expected.
                And CubanOlive, to bad you couldn't send a message cause that's a great points, that's why it's so nessecary to have call ins, cause in all that chaos it is easy to forget lot's of stuff Shame on You memebers of THIA
                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I got the itunes version and it's censored?

Is the direct-download version censored?

Has the censorship started because of the itunes submission?

EDIT: John, your rooter wasn't working?
                  Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 01-13-2009, 08:12 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah the direct - download version is also censored.

Great Podcast by the way.
                    sigpic

Comment

That was quite an enjoyable podcast. I'd actually say that I didn't expect such high ratings for Degeneration. I thought it was enjoyable but it was nonetheless a bit sparse and quick.

Looking forward to the Zero episode.

Comment

good show, what's up with the censoring though lol.

nomad is a great addition to the cast.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanOlive07
                          1) After Leon throws his gun to Claire, a couple of seconds later he pulls out a spare gun to kill a zombie that was coming at him. Claire obviously knows how to use a gun. Why in the world would Leon choose not to give her his backup gun from the start. Then Claire gives him back his original gun;
                          It might be stupid, but I believe Claire just didn't want a gun. At first I was too like "WTF, he had a spare gun?", but notice that as soon as Rani was safe, Claire handed the gun back to Leon without a hesitation. He didn't ask her to give it back to him nor did she said anything about Leon's spare gun.
                          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 01-13-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                            It might be stupid, but I believe Claire just didn't want a gun. At first I was too like "WTF, he had a spare gun?", but notice that as soon as Rani was safe, Claire handed the gun back to Leon without a hesitation. He didn't ask her to give it back to him nor did she said anything about Leon's spare gun.
                            Yeah. I figured the reason Leon didn't give Claire his spare gun (and why she didn't ask for one) was because she had her hands full with Rani. She was carrying her most of the time, and that would make it pretty difficult for her to use a gun. Even when she was just holding Rani by the hand, it'd likely be just easier for her to guide Rani and run like heck instead of having to stop every few seconds to fire a shot or two. Ah well.

2) Did anyone find the ridiculous hand signals Leon used before breaching the door on the roof to be a bit stupid? (right after they get off the helicopter) This is not Rainbow Six Vegas. You have nothing to be stealthy about, you can just say what you want you team members to do. I could even forgive this if the signals were done properly. He looked like an idiot doing them and I expected a comedic moment to follow in which Angela would be like WTF. This was only done to show that Leon is tactical and suave.
                            I'd blame the military advisor for that more than the filmmakers.

3) What kind of retard (Leon) enters a Zombie infested airport with only handguns. You know there has been a T-Virus outbreak in a crowded place and that there are Zombies numbered in the hundreds. I can forgive you in RE4 because you had no idea that the villagers were going to be hostile. Here you knew the threat was present and didn't bother asking for a machine gun or shotgun from the SRT team. This was also done to display Leon's coolness.
                            Probably because he only needed a handgun. Since zombies are slow and stupid, and it only takes one shot to the head to kill them, a handgun is more than enough to get the job done if the person using it knows what they're doing. And especially if they're as good a shot as Leon. Honestly, you could ask the same thing of someone like Jill in RE3. She knew the city was infested with zombies and other monsters, and she definitely had access to more powerful firepower, but even so, she still went with her Samurai Edge only.

At least Leon had the presence of mind to wear something that would offer at least some moderate protection against the zombies whereas Jill chose to wear a tube top and miniskirt when she could have just as easily worn her STARS uniform (or even her standard RPD uniform). They may not have provided as much protection as full tactical gear, but they certainly would have offered more protection than what she did wear.
                            Last edited by Archelon; 01-13-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                              good show, what's up with the censoring though lol.

nomad is a great addition to the cast.
                              Just a little experimentation, but since people don't seem to like it, I'll remove it. Just felt that the F word was breaking a barrier or two and that the show might be funnier if it was bleeped out.

Comment

Working...
                              X