Biohazard 5 Demo Up on Japanese Playstation Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard 5 Demo Up on Japanese Playstation Network

For those with a Japanese PSN account, the Biohazard 5 demo is now available for download. It weighs in at 942 MB.

The Resident Evil 5 demo should follow shortly on the North American PSN. Stay tuned.

Thanks to Skunky.

*UPDATE*

The Resident Evil 5 demo is now available on both the European and North American PSN stores.

Thanks to Sunglasses.

*END UPDATE*
    Last edited by Archelon; 02-02-2009, 11:18 AM.

Downloading the demo right now. Hope it lets you play online. Unlike the the XBL Japan demo.

Comment

Install gives a "same version installed" for those who have the disc version.

Comment

Yes, It's about 90%....AT LAST i'll get this demo!

Comment

downloading the demo right now
          Spoiler:

Comment

We no longer need to adjust the aiming speed every time we finish the demo.LoL
            And the controls are preset to TYPE A, yay. I also think the action button works a little better on the PS3 version.

Comment

I'm used to the digi pad, so precision is something I need to work on big time for movement and aiming. Now that I've tried it with a Dual Shock, the game does feel a bit sluggish.

LPCM 5.1 is supported but like DMC4, DD overrides it. leading me to conclude that they're the same quality.

Comment

I'm from Europe and i have the Japanese Demo. I couldn't get online, i mean i tried to join a game but i always got an error. Hope the US ver. works, or at least when both me and my friend get the US ver. we can play online.
                But afaik worst case scenario online is locked by the region, meaning i should still be able to play with anyone that plays the japanese ver.
                Anyway great demo!

Comment

Finally Now to see which version I prefer

EDIT:
                  Actually I don't have a Japanese account and I don't think I know how to make one
                  Last edited by Corrin; 02-02-2009, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I checked this out, it's not bad but the controls are dicky.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

L1 to aim, R1 to fire, right?

Comment

The US demo will be available shortly
                        Explore the new generation PlayStation 4 and PS5 consoles - experience immersive gaming with thousands of hit games in every genre to rewrite the rules for what a PlayStation console can do.

edit:
                        Out in Europe!
                        Last edited by Sunglasses; 02-02-2009, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Now, it has more sense to get the demo from Europe, though it worths pointing out that the Japanese demo was indeed multilanguage and it didn't require an installation procedure just the download stage and you are able to play directly.

I haven't slept quite well but I was anxious to FINALLY try this demo.
                          I've played just three times though my impressions is that it feels (AT LEAST for now) that the control scheme it's not as good as I was hoping.

I'm not sure about the XBOX360 version but I believe that PS3 has more potential that could have been exploited.
                          I felt that aiming was quite slow and movements were a little bit unresponsive. This is somehow what we have been warned about in the RPD dispatch podcasts.
                          Let's hope that the final version can improve these things, though I have my reservations to think that a radical change may be included because of the changes being critical and that time remaining is scarce.

Or may be it's just me not getting used of the controls.

What do you think? what impressions did you have?
                          Last edited by Handsome Rob; 02-02-2009, 06:57 AM.

Comment

i just downloaded the demo on my PS3, it came out where i live early it seems,

over all, i was very very disapointed in it, and why on earth did they change the controls, there was no need, i don't want to use bloody R1 to aim, and i don't want to use the action controls the because the strafting is annoying as hell and gets in the way.

i knew i was not going to like RE5 much, but it's even worse that i thought it would be, and i wasn't expecting much from it.

Comment

Agreed, I don't like C and D, I suck playing with those control schemes, I prefer A and B since they're almost identical to RE4

Comment

Working...
                              X