No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 PS3 Requires 5 GB Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom have been dodging the question for months now http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc...PS3_HD_Install

I am sick of these installs. I wonder what kind of nonsense Capcom will suggest we do this time, not another sandwich while we wait surely?

Comment

Five gigabytes? I call shenanigans.
      See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
        Five gigabytes? I call shenanigans.
        Why? Aren't most PS3 installs about that much?

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
          Why? Aren't most PS3 installs about that much?
          No. Biggest I can remember was MGS4, which as someone said before, was around 4.7 GB.
          Most others are around the 2-4 range.

Comment

Go buy the Capcom special, Lost Planet and DMC4, DMC4 will have you waiting 30 minutes, Capcom suggest making yourself something to eat...

Comment

I don't anger myself over little things like installs. I'm generally happy with every purchase I make, so sitting through an install isn't much to ask when I'm gonna get a minimum of 5-8 hours of the game I'm about to play.

Comment

That's cool and all but in fairness that type of outlook towards it is why developers such as Capcom aren't fixing it. They used to be able to hide behind the blu-ray being slower but many games have come out and shown it isn’t as big of a hurdle as some make it out to be. They use the install because they can, not because they have to.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good point. Games like Uncharted have shown us just what the PS3 can do even without an install...Uncharted's was something like 350MB. And then there are other games for 3+GB. I'm not on the up-and-up when it comes to technical aspects of games and stuff like that so I'm not sure why some games have them and some games do, but, whatever.

Comment

Resident Evil 5 Packshot (PS3) Reveals New Information

The back of the PlayStation 3 packaging reveals the game will require a 5GB install file, following a recent PS3 trend as of late. Also confirmed is the previously announced PlayStation Home implementation and native 720p resolution.

Resident Evil 5 Packshot (Back) PS3

Souce: NextGamer

Comment

Uncharted doesn't have any install at all, only a save file. Ratchet and Clank is around 300, Resistance 2 around 400mb and to shame them all Killzone 2 has no install either. But the likes of F.E.A.R. 2 and Dead Space have no install either and are multi-format.

Rockstar use the same engine internally and managed to do away with an install for Midnight Club L.A. and it was only a matter of months between it and Grand Theft Auto IV being released.

Capcom has now made 3 PS3 games with the same engine with the same size installs; it is just lazy I think. Some other developers you can say oh well it’s a new engine, but Capcom has no excuse other than they can.

I hope that someone kicks this in Capcoms face as it is bordering on unacceptable now. 15 GB for 3 games.
                      Last edited by pogo; 02-02-2009, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Ehh...we'll see.
                        Last edited by Vector; 02-02-2009, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Sorry about the news-post. This was e-mailed to me and I missed it in the UMB Labs, figured it was news worthy. Dot is probably correct however, at a closer glance it does look slightly altered. The fact that they had to watermark something so basic could be a hint as well. I suppose we'll know soon enough.

Comment

One of the reasons why i'm going with microsoft...

Comment

There usually isnt that MUCH text on a back cover of any RE game so I say that one is FAKE.

Comment

what the hell type of slogan is "You don't have to face fear alone."?

that sounds more comforting that scary, what the hell were capcom thinking when they put that on there?

maybe ill get the 360 version, i hate these installs, they take up way to much space.
                                Last edited by missvalentine; 02-02-2009, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X