OXM Reviews Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OXM Reviews Resident Evil 5

The Official Xbox Magazine has reviewed Resident Evil 5 in their March issue. They gave the game a 9/10 and had this to say in the breakdown portion

+ AN ACTION SPECTACULAR WITH TERRIFIC PRODUCTION VALUES
    + EXCELLENT CO-OP GAME
    - ITEM MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL ISSUES
    ? WILL EVIL ARISE FROM THE ASHES OF RACOON CITY?
    The last one sounds pretty odd for anyone who follows the series, but perhaps its a cryptic clue. Via Neogaf.

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    The Official Xbox Magazine has reviewed Resident Evil 5 in their March issue. They gave the game a 9/10 and had this to say in the breakdown portion

The last one sounds pretty odd for anyone who follows the series, but perhaps its a cryptic clue. Via Neogaf.
    The last one may be referring to the T-Virus or G-Virus (from end of Degeneration), and the possiblity of good old-fashioned, shuffling, brain-eating zombies returning, or perhaps just the take over the world ploy by Wesker. We will have to see, come 3/13...

Comment

Additional details from NeoGAF user laceystorm; kudos.

just read the re5 article...

"live/multiplayer: 2 in co-op and a secret unlockable mode"

"15-20 hours of playtime"

"16 levels"

"underground catacombs that scream tomb raider..."

"two weeks after we finished the game. what's stuck in our minds isn't that (unlockable) mini-game, or even the control or inventory bugaboos. it's the moments. with its powerhouse presentation and slam-bam co-op play, resident evil 5 is chock full of memorable gameplay experiences"

"for those new to the series, resident evil 5 may not be what you expect. it's neither scary not survival horror, and though its story throws plenty of love to longtime fans, you don't need to be one to enjoy it. ultimately it's an action feast for two - with just a little gristle amid all the delicious blood, bone and brains"

Comment

WILL EVIL ARISE FROM THE ASHES OF RACOON CITY?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUCK!
        Last edited by Zombie Fred; 02-03-2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
          Additional details from NeoGAF user laceystorm; kudos.

just read the re5 article...

"live/multiplayer: 2 in co-op and a secret unlockable mode"

"15-20 hours of playtime"

"16 levels"

"underground catacombs that scream tomb raider..."

"two weeks after we finished the game. what's stuck in our minds isn't that (unlockable) mini-game, or even the control or inventory bugaboos. it's the moments. with its powerhouse presentation and slam-bam co-op play, resident evil 5 is chock full of memorable gameplay experiences"

"for those new to the series, resident evil 5 may not be what you expect. it's neither scary not survival horror, and though its story throws plenty of love to longtime fans, you don't need to be one to enjoy it. ultimately it's an action feast for two - with just a little gristle amid all the delicious blood, bone and brains"
          16 levels = AWESOME!, and the secret unlockable mode is Spoiler:
          , if I'm correct

Comment

Birkin, I know it's you!

Comment

it's neither scary not survival horror

Why Capcom? Why?
              Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 02-03-2009, 06:43 PM.

Comment

There's been so much news that I'm often forgetting things but hasn't mercenaries been confirmed for quite some time?

Also how often does OXM give out 10's?

Comment

I think OXM has only given like one or two 10s. I know one was given to Fight Night Round 3.

Comment

What the hell does that last bullet mean??? Is there going to be a game which explores something about Raccoon City?

Originally posted by ganado View Post
                    Birkin, I know it's you!
                    Originally posted by ganado View Post
                    WILL EVIL ARISE FROM THE ASHES OF RACOON CITY?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUCK!
                    This isn't 4chan.

Comment

it's neither scary not survival horror, ultimately it's an action feast
                      NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but capom said the second half will be scary, they lied? so the whole game is just like the demo?

Comment

It is interesting with the whole Racoon City mention, and when you consider that Capcom was trying to get us to take notice of RE 3 from their website way before the newer trailers of part 5 were released and all the speculation around Jill and her apparent 'death', then perhaps maybe there will be a secret level besides the Mercenaries one that will revolve around her.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
                          What the hell does that last bullet mean??? Is there going to be a game which explores something about Raccoon City?
                          neilv2000@hotmail.com

This isn't 4chan.
                          It was a just a joke of excitement, my fine chap. I don't go to 4chan ;)

But yes, that last part does give me a gut feeling on something, and it goes to Birkin.

Comment

the only thing that really worries me about all the reviews I have heard and read online is that it is an excellent action game, but not an excellent SCARY game that we have all come to associate the RE franchise with. Part of me wonders if they should do another 180 on the next instalment and go back to the original third person perspective and try to amp up the scares and tension filled atmosphere that was so in tune with the series until 4 came along.

Comment

I think my main concern right now is RE5 is trying to be all things to everything. Lots of action for the new folks, some horror for the old folks, but not doing either as well as it should. It's not either genre and from the complaints of the action junkies they're as unamused by the control scheme as I am by the lack of horror. And puzzles. And exploring more than a single area before proceding to the next linear area.

Still...it beats the pants off RE4, I reckon, and I suspect it'll sell well regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X