No announcement yet.

GameTrailers Resident Evil Retrospective : Episode 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also they confirmed RE 3 as a side story.
    sigpic

Comment

but its not really a side story .. its sort of integral to the RE plot ..

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
        but its not really a side story .. its sort of integral to the RE plot ..
        I have to disagree with you there.
        Aside from showing that Raccoon City got nuked, the fact that Jill was there (along with Nemesis), and that the UBCS were sent in, it didn't add much to the plot. It really WAS a side story that just gets trumped up. Hell, even Mikami himself didn't want it to be called "3" (then again...Mikami is kinda weird BUT STILL), it didn't really advance the plot at all.

Also, great retrospective, had a few flaws but good otherwise.
        For some reason the entire "Retrospective" section on GT won't work on Firefox for me though (I get a "CONNECTION INTERRUPTED" message ONLY when I go there), and when I try to look up "Retrospective" on Youtube or Veoh, the same thing happens. Weird.

But it works in IE, so yeah, good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ZERO View Post
          depite some mistakes i liked this retrospective but i think they needed to put more info about re 3,they have not even said jill was infected.
          Yeah, I was hoping they'd go into detail about how the game started before 2 and ended afterward and how you were Carlos for a part of the game. Still, I love these things. I was all into the Metal Gear Solid retrospective before MGS4 came out and now they're doing it to me again with RE.

I can't wait until they cover RE4 just to see if they try to tie its story more to the overarching storyline of the series than we give it credit for.

Comment

RE3 was more or less a side story. CV was meant to be RE3 originally. I've heard before (though I can't quote where) that Nemesis was originally intended for CV as well but he got scrapped and put into RE3. CV expanded on the story and took it further, but on the same note the showing of Raccoon City's destruction is integral to the RE series.

Comment

To be honest none of the games bar Gaiden are really side stories. I've been defending CODE: Veronica for years because people label it as a side story or spin off simply because it doesn't have a number after the title.

Each game adds something to the ever expanding storyline, whether it's only a couple of insignificant events (Survivor) to major events such as Raccoon's destruction (Nemesis), to cunning back story of Sergei (Umbrella Chronicles) or the debut of Bio-Terrorism, (Dead Aim).

Each game has something to add, so though this retrospective labels Nemesis as a spin off, i've never really considered any of the series to be. (Except possibly Survivor 2 - but then that was an arcade game to begin with, so all is well).
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

but on the same note the showing of Raccoon City's destruction is integral to the RE series.
                exactly.

that and information on some of the original characters. RE3's epilogues were of great importance too as far as character stories go.

Comment

I love the RE 1.5 and Bioflames website (old version) reference in the retrospective.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia-Ashford View Post
                    RE3 was more or less a side story. CV was meant to be RE3 originally. I've heard before (though I can't quote where) that Nemesis was originally intended for CV as well but he got scrapped and put into RE3. CV expanded on the story and took it further, but on the same note the showing of Raccoon City's destruction is integral to the RE series.
                    This would kind of fit in with what we see in Survivor2 as well, but I'm just taking a stab in the dark there. I mean yes, we know it's a dream, but what's to say the game wasn't made in parallel with Code Veronica, and once Capcom scrapped certain ideas they let Namco know, and then Namco just went down the "Well, too late to change it now! We'd better make it a dreams sequence!" (Though, Nemesis would have to appear in Chris' scenario as Claire wasn't a STARS member.

But I would say that RE3 is important because it did show Raccoon's destructions, as well as the epilogues which are up there in some of the most important plot devices of the series too.

CODE Veronica is definitely not a spin off, there's a lot of stuff that's still relevant to the series in that game, I think the reason not to number it was because they originally wanted all the numbered games on one system, and CODE Veronica was originally a Dreamcast exclusive (I think?)

Claire A is confirmed to be true because, as far as I know, it's the only scenario in which Sherry is infected with the G-Virus.
                    Last edited by James; 02-12-2009, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Very well done, again. Now let's see how they handle the 'weaker' iterations of the series(RE0 and C:V).

That's my opinion, don't persecute me.
                      Last edited by Vector; 02-12-2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Wahoo! I've been really eager for the next episode. Very enjoyable to watch, as usual, although they skimmed through RE3 rather quickly. I'm really excited for the next episode with CODE: Veronica and Zero. I'm sure it's going to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker's Shadow View Post
                          Another wonderful job, GT. I'm getting more and more excited for this game.
                          well im geting more exited to play through the classics again rather than play RE5.

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                          Also they confirmed RE 3 as a side story.
                          not true.

the Destruction of Raccoon City is the single most important part in the entire series, therefore RE3 is most certainly not a side story.

and the epiloges, there still a part of RE3's story wether you like it or not, and there very important.

im getting sick of people calling RE3 unimportant, for me it's more important than any other RE game, and it's the only RE game that never fails to make me cry as the ending credits role, although Remake can make me do that to sometimes as well.

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                          Wahoo! I've been really eager for the next episode. Very enjoyable to watch, as usual, although they skimmed through RE3 rather quickly. I'm really excited for the next episode with CODE: Veronica and Zero. I'm sure it's going to be great.
                          yeah it sucks thye kinda skiped through RE3, that's the best part.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                            well im geting more exited to play through the classics again rather than play RE5.

not true.

the Destruction of Raccoon City is the single most important part in the entire series, therefore RE3 is most certainly not a side story.

and the epiloges, there still a part of RE3's story wether you like it or not, and there very important.

im getting sick of people calling RE3 unimportant, for me it's more important than any other RE game, and it's the only RE game that never fails to make me cry as the ending credits role, although Remake can make me do that to sometimes as well.

yeah it sucks thye kinda skiped through RE3, that's the best part.
                            I completely agree (except for the crying part). Resident Evil 3 is an incredible game (second favorite RE game) and the ending is really, really good and genuinely emotional. It also features the best final boss of any RE game to date. Finally killing the Nemesis after the entire game of him stalking you relentlessly was so satisfying, and the method by which it was accomplished couldn't have been more badass. No helicopter. No shadowy figure. No help from anyone else. Just Jill, a stationary laser cannon, and a six-shot magnum revolver. The room the fight occurred in was also amazing; all of the dead commandos and Tyrants.

Comment

Working...
                            X