XBox 360 World's RE5 Mag Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubedSphere View Post
    I still call B.S. on this 7-8 hours completion time. Do you all even know how many people from the London private sessions have taken roughly 4 hours to complete the first 2 chapters (remember that there are 6 in total) while claiming to be "rushing" because they wanted to get through as much as possible in the time alotted by Capcom? At least a dozen that i've read.

Couple that with numerous gaming mags and Capcom reps that have garaunteed at least a 14 hour game for the first run-through and I just don't see how this reviewer is telling the truth. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but something smells like rotting corpses to me.
    agreed

Comment

Ya, I don't believe it.

Comment

I beat resident evil 4 around 3 hours with the "Chicago Typewriter" aka M1 Thompson.

The first time I played RE4, I took my time, walking, only running when nessesary, and beat it within 20 hours just exploring and trying to observe everything, I only do speed runs after I have fully grapsed the games intricate and amazing atmospere.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDivineBoss View Post
          whats with people hating on the new games???

first sf4,kz2 and now re5 wtf is going on???

i cant believe this bs ai BAD?

the ai aint bad it just the people who suck at it
          and the final boss is a con because is hard???

if it turns out to be the GOD man himself of course its gotta be hard

god i hate crying reviewers it reminds me when dmc3 came out

pathetic
          People have been hating on Street Fighter IV? From what I've heard, it's gotten some pretty stellar reviews. Course, I haven't been to Metacritic for a fair while. As for Killzone 2, I think most of the complaints stemmed from arsescrotes who bitched about the controls not being like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Using the R3 button to zoom actually makes a lot of sense when utilised with the cover system, since you're already holding down L2 to take cover. It works for me, but that's another story.

Anyway, RE5 will still shift copies. If only because of all those pissant self-proclaimed "RE fans" who have only played RE4, yet loved it and think that the rest of the series fails. Bloody kids trying to displace the old guard.
          See you in hell.

Comment

I dont really care about the score the reviewers give because they are not like true resident fans like we are because i feel in love with the games storyline not on how the action is or how nice the graphics is which the graphics are GREAT but other than that dont listen to what the reviewers say in the magazine because they are just doing their job you know. Its all buisness anyway.

Comment

I don't doubt it being 7 hours as they have proof (screen-shot of completion time) so we will know for certain when the scans hit.

Comment

It's either 1 of 2 things...

He really did manage to finish the game on that length first try because he tried doing it fast and didn't spend excess time exploring.

The screen shown isn't the first time it was played through and they're not telling the truth.

I agree on the fact this smells like a publicity stunt for the magazine myself... considering all the other reviews of the full game at this point and the people who've even played a couple of chapters have come back with statements on their general lengths on first play, this is the first sort of comments which don't match.

Capcom did say it would be shorter than RE4, which on first play for most people clocked in around 20 hours on average. Considering we know some of the play mechanics and concepts already and the game is shorter, I would have perhaps believed 10-12 hours in a first time run... but even I think this is a little short.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

Comment

A lot of people here seem to forget that Final Review ROMs usually still have active Debug Functions, so that *reviewer* can "take uber promo screenshots with the best weapons, best camera angle", etc.

It's quite possible that this joker used Debug Functions to breeze through the game.

Also he says that the final boss battle is a dissapointment because it was too hard for him.
                  What a bitch - definitely not an RE veteran.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Didn't Xbox 360 World get their hand slapped by Capcom last year for posting false RE5 info? I remember the article being removed from their website and retractions in the magazine itself.

Then they give a low score amongst other higher scores? This can't be coincidence.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                      Didn't Xbox 360 World get their hand slapped by Capcom last year for posting false RE5 info? I remember the article being removed from their website and retractions in the magazine itself.

Then they give a low score amongst other higher scores? This can't be coincidence.
                      You may be onto something, but who really cares anyway? We're all going to play the game for ourselves anyway, reviews don't mean shit to me.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post

Since when 81% is a "low score"? Not every game have to get 9/10 and 10/10 nowadays :/.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          Since when 81% is a "low score"? Not every game have to get 9/10 and 10/10 nowadays :/.

I said amongst other scores. Other reviews I've seen have all been 100/100, 5/5 and so forth.

Not that I care about reviews, I just found the fact of what I posted a funny coincidence.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                          X