Famitsu Weekly Review: Biohazard 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famitsu Weekly Review: Biohazard 5

Scans of Famitsu Weekly's review page has been leaked, and the review score for Biohazard 5 (Resident Evil 5) has been revealed. The score is as follow:

10 / 10 / 9 / 9

Here's what they basically said:
    - 20~25 hours play time
    - The unlockables which you get for clearing the game are pretty good, probably have the best clear-game extras ever for a RE game
    - No real evolution from Resident Evil 4
    - Cooperative play is an important element

Capcom also stated that they aims to sell 6,000,000 copies of the game.

*UPDATE*
    The review scores from Famitsu XBox and Dengeki (another Japanese gaming magazine) have surfaced too.

Dengeki: 85 / 85 / 85 / 85
    Famitsu Xbox: 10 / 9 / 9 / 9
    *END UPDATE*

*UPDATE 2*
    Its not so review-related, but we have now confirmation that the 'making-of' video that will be included in the RE5 LE for UK will last for 36 mins 41 sec. The RE Degeneration trailer will run for 02 min 17 secs.

BBFC
    *END UPDATE*
    Last edited by xfactor; 02-25-2009, 09:30 AM.

Someone at Capcom forgot to pony up the dough.

Comment

- The unlockables which you get for clearing the game are pretty good, probably have the best clear-game extras ever for a RE game
      This is good news!!!

(and a pretty big call, considering all the bonus stuff that came with RE4)

Comment

ya this is getting better and better jesus i cant wait for the game !!!! re 5 will rock so much !

Comment

I hope RE5 makes better scores than RE4... because now it seems RE5 has a promising plot... I can't believe RE4 was considered the game of the year...

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
            I hope RE5 makes better scores than RE4... because now it seems RE5 has a promising plot... I can't believe RE4 was considered the game of the year...
            Cry more.

RE5 is already fairly consistently scoring lower than RE4, but we most likely won't know for certain how it matches up until sites like IGN and Gamespot release their reviews. The Famitsu score is the same as what they gave RE4, if I recall correctly.

Comment

So what's up with the magazine that SWEARS the game is only 7 hours?

Comment

These are amazing scores. What the hell is up with people complaining about 8's?

First off 8 is the lowest score we've seen for this game thus far... that's amazing (not to mention that's the minority as most of the scores have been 9's or 10's). Secondly, of course this is going to score lower than RE4 across the board. It's 90% the same gameplay but 4 years later. It's nowhere near as innovative/fresh.

Comment

these r some gnarly scores here son.

Comment

There's something which I haven't show yet, but I'll have to clarify with dot50 whether is it alright to show it. not something that's extremely important though

Famitsu 360 praised the game as a technical marvel too.
                    Last edited by xfactor; 02-24-2009, 10:27 PM.

Comment

so there is scans leaked is there? has anyone found them yet? Any links to those?
                      Last edited by Wanderer; 02-24-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                        I think RE 4 got a high score because everyone was kind of blind sided and then awed at how different it was when compared to the rest of the series, but now when you look back at is as a RE game it does fall rather short. Hopefully 5 will be much better to play because it appears the storyline is a lot more RE based and also appears to tie up a lot of loose ends.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                          Scans of Famitsu Weekly's review page has been leaked, and the review score for Biohazard 5 (Resident Evil 5) has been revealed. The score is as follow:

10 / 10 / 9 / 9

That's perfect scores from 2 of the reviewers, and '9' from the other 2 reviewers.

Here's what they basically said:
                          - 20~25 hours play time
                          - No real evolution from Resident Evil 4
                          - Cooperative play is an important element

*UPDATE*
                          The review scores from Famitsu XBox and Dengeki (another Japanese gaming magazine) have surfaced too.

Dengeki: 85 / 85 / 85 / 85
                          Famitsu Xbox: 10 / 9 / 9 / 9

*END UPDATE*
                          This all sounds really, really, REALLY good lol The 20 plus hour gameplay sounds about right too given how much ground they have to cover if they want to really tie up ALL the loose ends to this series up to this point in time, but also that I actually enjoy longer games as it makes me get my money's worth, and since this game is gonna set me back over 100.00 AU on release day I want it to be worth it.

Interesting about the unlockables being quoted as being the best in the series to date. I hope that hints that we will be able to play a side scenario in the game after we complete it, ala Separate Ways in RE 4.

Comment

38/40? WOW this is amazing score
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                              There's something which I haven't show yet, but I'll have to clarify with dot50 whether is it alright to show it. not something that's extremely important though

Famitsu 360 praised the game as a technical marvel too.
                              Please do, im intrigued, and do you know of any scans yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X