RE5 Interviews, Xbox World 360 Reviewers Respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris55 View Post
    They're upset because RE4 was a long game and a very well thought out adventure. Sure you have the bonuses like "The Mercenaries" etc but the main attraction is the single player story. 1st play through for most people was 20+ hours.

You don't knock 13 hours off the sequel and charge people $60 of their hard earned money to buy the game. It goes from a purchase to a rental at that point. Especially with no online multiplayer modes to prolong the game life. Sure there are repeat play throughs and costumes and bonus modes but the main attraction is short, it becomes a less appealing package to spend your $ on. Especially now
    I dont think so really... even if RE5 was a 5 hour game, it would still be a must buy game for nearly any resident evil fan out there. Anyway i most certainly think that xbox world 360 rushed through it and didn't take there time to apreciate what looks like will be a fine game.
    Last edited by Jamyuka77; 02-26-2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

It's not so much the length of the game that bothers me (I'd like to hear some clarification) as it is the attitude they are taking with their smart alec comment. It just reaffirms that reviewers are just simply pretentious hacks (and if the debug thing is true, literally too).

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
        The graphics depend on the artist :] On the program there are usuay tools to help with those things. If they are using XSI for ps3 it'll be made easier for them. It may look complicated but the usage of normal maps is a huge role in next gen games, the illusion that something is 3D when in reality its completely flat, it even makes the light reflect off it as if it was 3D. Its quite amazing stuff.
        Anyways, yes...I just ignore that gamer skills comment, because im going to take my time and take in every little detail with this game. Its gonna be the best RE game yet!
        well...you still need some time to generate the bump/displacement/normal/specular map for use on the models, not to mention the tuning of the shadows, the lights and other settings.

Comment

Working...
        X