No announcement yet.

Gametrailers Resident Evil Retrospective - Episode 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played with the light gun, so maybe I just never figured it out.

Comment

this retrospect makes me want 2 play my dead aim and outbreak

Comment

Oh man, that was great. I love being able to laugh at Gaiden. XD And aw at the Survivor review talks, I really liked that game for as short as it was. It was just a fun 2-hour "I FEEL LIKE SHOOTING THINGS" game.

Man, I wish I could play some of those smaller smaller games though, like the phone ones - even Gun Survivor 2, I'm sad there was never a US release for it. ):

And eeee ... not much can beat the opening music for Outbreak #1. But that save system, sob. XD

Comment

Ya, the music and intro to Outbreak was fantastic.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
            Oh man, that was great. I love being able to laugh at Gaiden. XD And aw at the Survivor review talks, I really liked that game for as short as it was. It was just a fun 2-hour "I FEEL LIKE SHOOTING THINGS" game.

Man, I wish I could play some of those smaller smaller games though, like the phone ones - even Gun Survivor 2, I'm sad there was never a US release for it. ):

And eeee ... not much can beat the opening music for Outbreak #1. But that save system, sob. XD
            i got a degeneration game on my phone but i rarely play it, ( its not the 1 they show on this retrospect ) cuz its a lil dumb but its good 2 play during class

Comment

oh that was awesome, i have to play Survivor sometime, and now i wanna go and reply outbreak again so badly, i loved Outbreak so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
                If they cover RE4 and the movies in the next episode... what will episode 6 be about? Maybe just RE5? Hmm...
                If it's anything like most other final ep's in previous retrospectives, it'll be a chronological following of the main storyline to get people up to speed prior to the release of the latest title, in this case RE5.

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                GT are using the same song that Dot uses at the end of the podcasts. (at 10:04)
                It's music from Umbrella Chronicles.

Good episode, but somewhat light in places because of how many games were crammed in. I am glad they spent as much time as they did on Outbreak... I'm fairly sure overall Gaiden was more poorly reviewed than Survivor though, but I could be basing that on the fact that Survivor was more widely released and promoted. Interestingly too they neglected to mention it was series canon (they only mentioned Dead Aim in this light).

It's also interesting they discussed GS2 as Firezone but didn't mention the fact the game was an arcade title first too.

I never really got on the Outbreak bandwagon when it came out. I brought both games, but a) the lack of PAL online play for the original killed a lot of my interest and b) the randomness of things and replaying over and over got a little annoying. I gave File 2 more love, but I never fully got into them like the rest of the series. Shame because I liked the idea, the look, and the overall way it worked otherwise.
                Last edited by Rombie; 02-27-2009, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                  It's music from Umbrella Chronicles.
                  Really?! What's the name of the song?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                    Really?! What's the name of the song?
                    The song is "Umbrella Lives On".

As for the retrospective, not bad. Felt they kinda crammed, but still it was pretty good.
                    I also found it unusual that they didn't mention Gun Survivor 1 as being canon, and was also a bit surprised that Dead Aim was, however (then again, there's nothing to say that it ISN'T, either).

Also, I'm amazed that they basically skipped right over the "Umbrella's End" stuff in UC. Seriously, why would they skip over something as important as Umbrella's last stand?

Comment

Good retrospective, I like how divided this episode. I think they could have went more indepth with some of the games but also realize its just a quick review and it would be too long.

Comment

I really enjoyed this part of the video insight. I remember playing and beating survivor...2 weeks later I returned it lol

now I wanna play it again lol. Never got into Outbreak and Dead Aim though

Comment

Working...
                        X