X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    I'm not Asian.

I'm about as white as a guy can get.
    yea i know i relized that after i said it, i thoght u were someone else your the guy who does cosplays?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetlollygirl View Post
      yea i know i relized that after i said it, i thoght u were someone else your the guy who does cosplays?
      Indeed I am.

Anyway, we're veering off-topic.

Comment

Did anyone else laugh when the commander came on the radio to say "Hold your position, reinforcements are en route" ? Someone should tell that guy they are bombing it in a jeep!

Comment

You clearly haven't heard any of Wesker's dialogue yet.
          I lol'ed.
          Hard.

Wesker's voice acting is awesome, and this comes from someone who hated his voice acting before in RE.

The characters seem to have great voice acting and dialogue in RE5, especially Chris and Wesker.

Comment

Aww...old vid btw. But I'm sure many haven't seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
              I lol'ed.
              Hard.

Wesker's voice acting is awesome, and this comes from someone who hated his voice acting before in RE.

The characters seem to have great voice acting and dialogue in RE5, especially Chris and Wesker.
              The voice acting is fine. Quite good, in fact.

The dialogue, on the other hand, is still cringe-worthy.

Comment

The voice acting is fine. Quite good, in fact.

Okay, but you still haven't given us an example. I'm really curious.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                  Okay, but you still haven't given us an example. I'm really curious.
                  The whole monologue from the 2009 trailer for one. As you said...

they might be over-the-top, villainous 'take over the world' lines
                  Again, I'm not saying I don't like the dialogue. I enjoy it like I enjoy the cheesy, ham-fisted dialogue of any B-movie.

But that doesn't mean the dialogue is particularly good, either.

Comment

I'd say that the dialogue has risen from atrocious (RE) to adequate (RE5).

Comment

I'd take the worst line of dialogue from any one released thus far for RE5 over ANYTHING from RE4.

"Youse two are just in time for the fireworks show...BOOM!" is less cringe-inducing than about 99% of Leon's RE4 dialogue.

And I think this Wesker is much better than the one prone to cackling from RECVX.

I just hope Chris gets to tell Wesker that he's "small time."
                      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-01-2009, 10:37 PM.

Comment

An behold! They played nice or they got there asses kicked. Achelon is entitled to his opinion that the dialogue is cheese (I believe it may be mozerella) and others can believe it's awesome. I think it's both, myself, but I'm easy to please.

No mockery or crap or I will laugh as I give you infractions.

Comment

Well, if i were doing voice work i wouldn't even want to get paid if i got to say cool, villianous lines like "Unfortunately, it's too late for you. You will not live to see the dawn!"
                          and cliched "So, you've made it this far, too bad you won't make it much further."

Plus Wesker believes he is a god now so i think it's perfectly acceptable for him to be a little over the top.
                          "I've got 100 cows."
                          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

I think Weskers voice is actually the best yet, and his lines too me are pretty good, i cant really think of any that seems cheesy to me.

I mean, if i were a guy, who wore shades all the time, wore a full trench coat in black, could be so fast it looked as if i was teleporting, came back from the deaed with the ability to basically kill stuff awesome, and possed the remaining cahs and infomration of a company that can make scary stuff

..I would actually make it a point to spout out as much cheese as possible, worse then anything leon as ever sputtered.

But i mean, whats wesker gonna say, it is a video game, you have to have that essence of romanticism and over the top, i don want to hear simple stuff like " im gonna beat the **** out of you chris" or " Piss off chris, youre messing up my plans"

Comment

Imagine the hilarity if Chris just killed yet another of Wesker's subbordinates and he just spins round in his swivel chair, adjusts his shades and says "Will somebody please kill that fucking wanker!"
                              "I've got 100 cows."
                              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                              X