BBFC : Resident Evil 5 Racist ? Wat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBFC : Resident Evil 5 Racist ? Wat ?

I know everyone's getting tired of the Resident Evil 5 racism articles, but here's a breather. The Video Game ratings group BBFC have shot down claims that the game is racist and said that they didn't find any noteable racism depictions in the final version of the game that was submitted to them.

The full quotes of the BBFC Spokes person can be read at the link below.

BBFC Declares Resident Evil 5 Not Racist

Hopefully this'll shut up the people who keep crying racism.

Comment

The racism cries are an attempt to generate publicity for the accusers. With a market that featured 4 million downloads for the demo alone, these assclowns are trying anything.

Nice to see the BBFC give them the "what did the five fingers say to the face?" treatment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKT3-FdOLYM

Comment

Every article i have read that has claimed the game is Racist or at least tasteless keeps claiming the game has ties to 'classic racist imagery' yet refuse to cite any imagery in particular, other than spouting generic and overanalytical phrases like "the scene exists purely to outrage and titillate players whose cultural background is saturated with such unwholesome ideas.". These people are spending too much time dwelling on it, notice how kikizo are saying they plan to revisit the scene when the final product is released? Why bother revisiting it countless times when a ratings board just had to look at the scene once and say there was absolutely nothing racist about it? Why prolong such a pointless and silly discussion?

Gotta love the British stiff upper lips.

Comment

It's amazing how "multiple black people" turns into "single white male" isn't it?

They didn't even fucking pay attention to the scene. Asswipes.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
            It's amazing how "multiple black people" turns into "single white male" isn't it?

They didn't even fucking pay attention to the scene. Asswipes.
            Or Capcom changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              Or Capcom changed it.
              If that were the case then the guys who made the claim in the first place could compare the footage they initially saw with the latest footage, thus putting Capcom in a bad light.

So...no.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                If that were the case then the guys who made the claim in the first place could compare the footage they initially saw with the latest footage, thus putting Capcom in a bad light.

So...no.
                I believe they've already said they're going to return to the scene once the final version of the game is released to see if it's any different.

So...yes.

Comment

RE5 makes it official.

Racism only counts if you're black.

Nobody claimed RE4 was racist for depicting Spanish people as savage, blood-thirsty animals. No one made a peep. But when you give the exact same treatment to Africans, it's racist.

What's racist is how racism only matters when it's a certain race.

Comment

I believe they've already said they're going to return to the scene once the final version of the game is released to see if it's any different.

So...yes.
                    So the Kikizo article, dated 2/11, states that their hands on preview is based on a final build. It's right there in the print.

The BBFC article is dated 2/24, and they state they saw no racism in the balcony scene.

So you're telling me that Capcom issued a build to Kikizo (the same build issued to every other media hub...without a peep from any of them), and then waited until they saw Kikizo's random article, then went back and changed the scene before submitting another CD to the British censorship committee? All in span of a few days?

Right on. Good thing Kikizo made their comments when they did, otherwise Capcom never would have been able to produce & distribute those copies of RE5 (discs, guidebooks, etc.) that are already sitting in the stock rooms of places like a Target in Florida. And those startegy guides...I wonder if the screencaps of Allyson's encounter will be so much more different than what plays out in our "changed" version of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                      So the Kikizo article, dated 2/11, states that their hands on preview is based on a final build. It's right there in the print.

The BBFC article is dated 2/24, and they state they saw no racism in the balcony scene.

So you're telling me that Capcom issued a build to Kikizo (the same build issued to every other media hub...without a peep from any of them), and then waited until they saw Kikizo's random article, then went back and changed the scene before submitting another CD to the British censorship committee? All in span of a few days?

Right on. Good thing Kikizo made their comments when they did, otherwise Capcom never would have been able to produce & distribute those copies of RE5 (discs, guidebooks, etc.) that are already sitting in the stock rooms of places like a Target in Florida. And those startegy guides...I wonder if the screencaps of Allyson's encounter will be so much more different than what plays out in our "changed" version of the game?
                      Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

awesome gj bbfc

Comment

Or Capcom changed it.

You are ridiculously negative about everything, aren't you?
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post

You are ridiculously negative about everything, aren't you?
                            I like to think it's one of my more charming qualities.

In all seriousness, though, I wouldn't be surprised if they did change it. I mean, we all know they added more white enemies after the controversy started, despite them swearing up and down that nothing changed from the first trailer. I don't see how this would be any different.

Comment

god damn its about time they did something i swear its friggin pathetic i mean its just a game if you don't like it don't play it but yet people still saying racist stuff about RE5. FRIGGIN PATHETIC!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X