Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE2 Remake Rumors Resurface

Mmmm... Alliteration...

According to an article on oxm.com (Official Xbox Magazine) there are new rumors to the Resident Evil 2 remake.

When asked about the possibility of a Resident Evil 2 remake, Capcom representative Mike Webster said "Stay tuned, we absolutely understand that these are classic games," he said. "Some announcements that you will be very interested in [are on the way]."
    As with all rumors, take it with a pinch of salt, but news of a potential remake of many users' favourite game (myself included) is always good to hear.

Source: Official Xbox
    Original Source (Linked in the article): Slash Gamer

I just hope that the RE 2 remake won't push back the developement of RE 6.
    sigpic

Comment

Two words: Mike Webster.

Comment

I'm not gonna get my hopes up about anything, but a RE2 remake would be absolutely AMAZING.

I don't see why anyone would not want one.
        Last edited by Vector; 03-03-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

THIA > Internet > THIA

The site's news archive. You can post comments about each news post here.

:p

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
            THIA > Internet > THIA

LOL, WIN.
            Anyway, I have one word this:
            Yay.
            But if they ruin it (hard to imagine):
            Fuck You Capcom.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
              THIA > Internet > THIA

Shush, I scanned the front page but that was about it I'm writing my 15,000 word dissertation and posted this when a friend sent me a link so don't belittle me for my dedication >.<

Comment

I just hope if it exists its for the PS3 and 360, not Wii, PSP or DS remakes. Yeah RE-DS was fun, but compared to REmake on the GC it was weak.

Comment

Old news is old, but still good news.

Comment

yay! i hope they remake re2 but not ruin it.

Comment

They have the blueprints already, but with RE's new gameplay...would they go back to the REmake engine? Do you guys really think it would sell all that well, compared to RE5 and RE4? I'm really not so sure. The series' hardcores can only buy so many copies...it's all about making money, and who knows if REmake2 would appeal to the "masses." Remember, this is a generation of gaming dominated not by great games with great stories, but by waggling motion controls.
                      Last edited by Vector; 03-03-2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Do you guys really think it would sell all that well
                        The ports of REmake and Zero on the Wii sold pretty well in Japan alone.

If they make it with the new engine and gameplay system, I'm ignoring it.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

i want everything to be the same besides better graphics and voice acting

Comment

If the camera angles are like in RE 1-3 , then I will ignore it

Comment

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
                              If the camera angles are like in RE 1-3 , then I will ignore it
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X