Gametrailers Resident Evil Retrospective - Episode 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gametrailers Resident Evil Retrospective - Episode 5

Gametrailers has posted episode 5 in their 6-part Resident Evil Retrospective. This episode covers Resident Evil 4 and the films (including Degeneration and even 4D Executor). As with the previous episodes, there are some minor mistakes here and there, but overall, it is a well-researched and produced look back at series in its most recent incarnations.

Head on over to Gametrailers to watch it.

Why am I extremely less-excited to watch this one than I was to watch the first four?

Comment

cuz this one has the crappy anderson movies in it

Comment

Just watched it. It was allright...I'm glad they spent a lot more time on RE4 than they did the movies.

I'm actually excited for Part 6...looks like they're gonna be tackling the Files and overall backstory.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
          Just watched it. It was allright...I'm glad they spent a lot more time on RE4 than they did the movies.

I'm actually excited for Part 6...looks like they're gonna be tackling the Files and overall backstory.
          i thought they said this was gonna be there last one?

Comment

Lol they spent about 3 minutes on the films. Interesting tidbits they managed to include such as the Dr. Isaacs/William Birkin retcon, the division of opinion regarding RE4, and the films' effect on the series.

Comment

I'm surprised that they didn't focus a bit more on Ada's involvement in the story for 4, and also found it surprising that they actually mentioned 4D Executer!
              Only a few, minor things that I was curious about:
              1. They said the first build of 4 had a scissor-wielding enemy, but where was this ever mentioned? Perhaps they just got Clock Tower mixed up with this?
              2. Wasn't there one sample left of the t-Virus vaccine at the end of Degeneration?
              3. Surprised that they didn't spend a little more time on the movies, I would have thought they would mention the Romero script and some other minor things.

Other than that, pretty good stuff as usual. I was curious as to the lack of Umbrella Chronicles content in the last Retrospective, and it looks like it will be the big focus of the final Retrospective, which would be a good way to wrap all of this up.
              Last edited by L-e-W; 03-05-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

As much as I am not a fan of the movies, it was interesting to hear them make the connections between the Alice-universe and the canon game one. I, too, am glad they spent more time going over RE4 though.

Can't wait for the last episode of these retrospectives!

Comment

Originally posted by L-e-W View Post
                  1. They said the first build of 4 had a scissor-wielding enemy, but where was this ever mentioned? Perhaps they just got Clock Tower mixed up with this?
                  This was the first I had heard of it. I think it's probably just a mistake on their part, though I could be wrong.

2. Wasn't there one sample left of the t-Virus vaccine at the end of Degeneration?
                  Yes. It was in the attache case, along with a sample of the T-Virus, Frederick Downing had with him when he was arrested. Leon confiscated it.

Comment

That was an awesome watch. I don't much like the movies (as in, I thought they were okay for what they were, but not when you're really including them in the whole RE world, if that makes sense) but they incorporated it pretty well in it. These are such fun watches. :3

Comment

that was pretty cool, i liked how they mentioned how there are people who don't like RE4 as well. very non biased. i was expecting them to proclaim it as god or something.

Comment

Ah the memories of RE4. Great game. I´m still dissapointed that Ada won´t appear in RE5. I mean she was the one who stole away with the Las Plagas virus sample and gave it to Wesker and made the story of RE5 "possible" in a way. Part of me still hopes that Wesker at least mentions Ada or has a flashback in RE5. If not then she has to appear in RE6, which we will have to wait at least another five years for
                        Last edited by BloodyWesker; 03-06-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I hope that a file in RE 5 will explain how Wesker dealt with Ada's petrayal.
                          sigpic

Comment

As usual this was a very good episode and very non-biased. I glad there is something to watch that has non-spoilers.

Comment

Working...
                            X