IGN Comics - Resident Evil #1 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Comics - Resident Evil #1 Preview

IGN Comics has posted a preview of the first issue of the Resident Evil comic book miniseries that will serve as a prequel to the events of Resident Evil 5. IGN has posted several pages from the first issue of the comic, showing several unnamed BSAA operatives taking on a new breed of B.O.W.'s that resemble humanoid Lickers.

Head on over to IGN Comics for the story.

Hahaha...it's worse than I could've imagined. Wow.

I pray that mutton-chopped man isn't supposed to be Chris.

God, that dialogue alone makes RE4 look like Masterpiece Theatre.

Comment

That wolverine beard looks ridiculous.
      The monsters look really disappointing, it doesn't look like much effort was put into them at all.

Comment

^I agree about the lack of effort. It looks as if they're just trying to cash in on the Resident Evil-mania that this month has to offer.

Regardless, I won't be wasting $3.99 on that garbage. I felt it was a chore just to read through the 4 free pages.

POINTS OF (DIS)INTEREST:

- Grezbekistan? [That's the best they could come up with? Might as well have named it "Durkadurkastan"]
        - "Now let's do our best to keep the world safe from bio-weapons that go bump in the night!"
        - Who jumps out of a helicopter like that?!
        - Why is he quoting Amelia Earhart so nonchalantly as his comrades are killed in a helo crash? Who shot the helo? Why was the "bird" they're looking for flying over restricted airspace to begin with?
        - If they know there are bio-weapons in the area, why just leave the injured guy all alone?
        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-05-2009, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Err... as much as I would like to read the "backstory" to RE5, these comics seem pretty ridiculous. This "preview" sort of solidifies my hesitation. Still, they're only $3.99, and if anything, they'll serve as nice collectibles. I can force myself to read through them if they actually give some concrete information about the pre-RE5 events.

Comment

It's about what I expected from WildStorm. Anyone who has read the old RE comics, and especially Fire&Ice, will know this is par for the course.

Comment

It's about what I expected from WildStorm. Anyone who has read the old RE comics, and especially Fire&Ice, will know this is par for the course.
              I agree.
              The art work is okay. I would have liked it to be a bit better but it's not that bad... I'm not sure what some people were expecting but it's about how I thought it would be.
              I noticed in the back ground on the last page, there is what looks like a zombie/licker that is vomiting up a parasite (like in RE5). That's interesting.

I almost forgot about these comics, so I just ordered the 1st issue online from a local shop (shop's in the city so it will save me the trouble of heading in there).

Comment

What was with the giant nippled zombie/lickers?

Comment

W-wow. As ... special as these RE comics tend to be (Hong Kong 0 comics come to mind, my God), that's exactly why you get intrigued with them. XD I am amused and want to see more.

Comment

Oh my The preview was horrible. Grezbekistan... total crap. Nevertheless I'll still read this crapy book, to have some fun.
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                    X