Resident Evil 5 Patch Incoming ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Patch Incoming ?

Japanese Magazine Dengeki recently held an interview with Resident Evil 5's producer, Jun Takeuchi. The interview is mostly PR blurb but one interesting point to note is that Takeuchi confirms that a free patch will be coming soon which will allow the players to compete in post-game unlockable modes in online co-op.

Dengeki Interview / Rough Translation thanks to wanderer.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a company to release patches? I suppose it is totally dependent upon the company...but I wonder what kind of timeframe Capcom is looking at to issue this one?

Comment

OMFG this makes me so EFFING happy, you have no idea. When I read up about Mercenaries, I was sooo pissed to find out there was no online co-op! It was just pointless. Why have a fully online game and have no online in the unlockable modes? It's stupid.

I'm really hoping this is accurate...I really, really want co-op in Mercs

Comment

I think mercenaries already has co-op.

EDIT:It's nothing spoilerific, but the picture is not in the best quality. http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2032/2chris.jpg
        Last edited by CODE_umb87; 03-05-2009, 09:12 PM.

Comment

*scratches head* I must have missed something here, because I don't even remember the news bit stating there would be no co-op on the unlockable extras. Man, but I totally agree that it would be pretty pointless and a lot less fun. Glad they'll be a patch though. I don't expect to beat RE5 in one day or anything, so it's fine with me if the patch takes a little while to come out after the 13th.

Comment

LOL sif Capcom will patch it.

$$$Super Resident Evil 5 Turbo Edition X$$$
            sigpic

Comment

^Screw that! In this day and age, with downloadable content, there better not be "another" edition of RE5...

Comment

Call me a cynic, but I was exaggerating anyways.
                In all seriousness, it would be the odd one out if the'y DIDN'T re-release the game.
                Also, wasn't Lost Planet re-released?
                AFAIK there haven't been content upgrade patches for Dead Rising or DMC4 though.
                sigpic

Comment

Several games this generation have been re-released with all of the content that was previously only available through download. Lost Planet was one such game. Dead Rising received several free costumes as DLC, but that was it, as far as I am aware. Devil May Cry 4 has received no such extra content.

It wouldn't surprise me if Capcom did eventually re-release RE5 with all of the DLC on the disc.

Comment

I'm not worried about re-releases. I just want online co-op in Mercenaries.

I'll worry about DLC later when Mercs and the main storyline get old in about 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                      *scratches head* I must have missed something here, because I don't even remember the news bit stating there would be no co-op on the unlockable extras.
                      Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                      It's co-op offline only as it is. Was noted in IGN's preview of the mode a few days ago. Seemed a little odd seeing as compeditive or co-operative score tracking would be made more exciting by being able to do the same thing online as offline, so it's good they've already considered the issue and will work on it.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 03-05-2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

friggin awsome dude can't friggin wait!!!!!!

Comment

so i guess saying Mercenaries is alright now

no more "post-game unlockable" crap lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post

EDIT:It's nothing spoilerific, but the picture is not in the best quality. http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2032/2chris.jpg
                            Oh my An army of clons is coming in Kijuju Oh God... But I really hope that Mercenaries already have a co-op, it is nessecery to have it in that mode.
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Mercs already has online co-op already, I have seen it running and people are connected to each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X