New Biohazard : The Darkside Chronicles Scans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Biohazard : The Darkside Chronicles Scans

Some new scans for Biohazard: The Darkside Chronicles have surfaced from the latest issue of Famitsu magazine.
    Check them out here.

Thanks to Blacktail fot the tip

The pics look awesome, but I'm still RAAAGing that this isn't a RE4 style remake instead =/

Comment

wow this game looks good. but any talk about the zapping system being in this for each scenario increasing the replayability

Comment

Wow, for a Wii game this is looking pretty sharp. I'm already excited!
        I noticed that the zombie designs are even identical to the ones from RE 2 (as opposed to recycling the ones used in UC), which is a nice touch. Sure, it's no RE 2 remake, but it's a start! The whole "on-screen partner" thing is pretty cool, too, but I'm starting to wonder if this means friendly fire will be present..

Comment

Woah, wait, is this like, a remake?
          Or judging from the title, 'Umbrella Chronicles 2' sort of thing?

Comment

like umbrella chronicles 2 ..

they'll probably retcon the shit out of the scenario's to make them smaller, and will also probably introduce another sergei style character to tie the scenario's up..
            Last edited by A-J; 03-12-2009, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Oh, thank you.
              Hmmm, I don't know, the first thing that crossed my mind was 'RE2make' or 'Test';
              Everyone knows Capcom are lazy to an extent, so maybe they are testing us again, I mean, if they made this, they wouldnt have to remake area's for an REmake2, but still can get the cash for two products.
              I can't really explain it...but I feel like this is just a money grabber aswell as a chance to have area's reused for a future game.

Comment

Third time posting, seeing this is related to here. The trailer is up

Capcom Announces Darkside Chronicles and Resident Evil Classics

Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced its plans for a big comeback of its multi-million-selling franchise, Resident Evil® to the Wii™ video game system this year. Resident Evil®: The Darkside Chronicles, the sequel to the highly successful Wii title Resident Evil®: The Umbrella Chronicles, is in development exclusively for the Wii and is set to hit North American retailers this winter. Capcom also introduced its plans for a new Resident Evil “Classics” line, which will bring the critically acclaimed Nintendo GameCube™ classics, Resident Evil® and Resident Evil® Zero exclusively to the Wii, allowing a whole new audience to experience the world of Resident Evil.

“We are very excited to be bringing the sequel to Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles to the Wii as it’s the perfect fit for the platform,” said Mona Hamilton, vice president, marketing, Capcom Entertainment. “We are always looking for new ways to give Capcom fans a chance to experience our games. Umbrella Chronicles was a huge success for us, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles includes a more in-depth co-op experience, and we are excited to bring this exclusive content to the Wii audience.”
                Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles‘s story is based on Resident Evil 2 and includes the popular characters, Leon S Kenney and Claire Redfield. Its on-rails style gameplay and active camera will create a more immersive “Chronicles” survival experience. As in the last installment, this is a first-person game with extreme shooting gameplay and interactive pathways. Filling in many of the missing pieces of storyline that were not covered in the original “Umbrella Chronicles”, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles will give hardcore fans the chance to re-live some of the most classic moments of the Resident Evil franchise, while allowing new players to take advantage of the intense action-horror experience only possible on the Wii.

Gamers can choose to take on their enemies with the help of an A.I.-controlled character or enlist the help of a friend to fight via two-player co-op. Adding new dimension and strategy to the arcade-style gameplay in the “Chronicles” experience, the new Evade system will utilize the Wii Remote for a more intense experience when fighting enemies.

Capcom’s new Resident Evil “Classics” line will allow the new audience who has embraced the Wii to experience some of the greatest games in the Resident Evil franchise for the value price of $29.99. Both set to launch this year, the remake of Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero have been refitted to support the Wii Remote, giving the Wii audience easy access to the rich characters and in-depth storylines of the series and the chance to experience both games on a new platform.
                PR^
                Last edited by Zombie Fred; 03-12-2009, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Link is broken.

Comment

This works for me.
                    Last edited by Zombie Fred; 03-12-2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Youtube version. So this game is going to piss over Claire A/Leon B?

Comment

the screenshots confuse me , is it going to be just a rail-shooter like UC or a mix between RE4 and UC? cause the screenshots show leon with the camera behind him with the targeting rectangle still on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ThWorldGreatest View Post
                          the screenshots confuse me , is it going to be just a rail-shooter like UC or a mix between RE4 and UC? cause the screenshots show leon with the camera behind him with the targeting rectangle still on screen.
                          It's a rail shooter, but unlike UC, you can actually see what your partner is doing.

Comment

So we're getting English versions of the biohazard and biohazard 0 Wii ports, too? Hooray.
                            At least the DSC trailer is awesome. Plus, sounds like Court and Mercier are still playing Claire and Leon, which is a pleasant surprise.
                            Last edited by L-e-W; 03-12-2009, 11:11 AM.

Comment

This is very interesting. Since there putting out Remake and Zero on the Wii does that mean that there will be a RE 2 remake? The more and more I think about it I rather they just leave the game be. Darkside Chronicles looks promising and if it sucks we can all just say its not canon.

Also none of the links work.

Comment

Working...
                              X