• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard 5 Sales in Japan

Famitsu have released the sales figure for Biohazard 5 in Japan:

PS3 - 472,267
    360 - 117,069

Source: Famitsu

... as opposed to what? (the other games)

Comment

if you combine them, that makes RE5 possibly one of the best selling HD games in Japan this entire generation, no ?

great success !

Comment

Its the best selling RE game in the series....sadly(I dont hate the new game play but I miss the old game play)

Comment

It is? Didn't RE2 (in all its versions and on all platforms) sell more? According to Capcom's Platinum Titles list original version of RE2 on PSX was sold in 4.96 mln copies and the game was also released on DC, N64, PC, NGC and there was also Dual Shock Edition on PSX.
          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 07-08-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

well yea re2 is still the best sold (or is re4?) but re5 will eventually outsell them =)

Comment

I always thought the very first resi too this day has sold the most compared too 2,4 and 5? or maybe i read it wrong somewhere...

Comment

I always found it confusing like with 2 4 or 5 do the combine the sales between the platforms or do they keep seperate when it comes to highest selling game in the series?
                Last edited by Stars1356; 07-08-2009, 10:57 PM.

Comment

It seems that Capcom combines sales of games for current-gen consoles (PS3 & X0), probably because those games are usually released concurrently on both platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                    It is? Didn't RE2 (in all its versions and on all platforms) sell more? According to Capcom's Platinum Titles list original version of RE2 on PSX was sold in 4.96 mln copies and the game was also released on DC, N64, PC, NGC and there was also Dual Shock Edition on PSX.
                    No. RE5 sales exceed 5million mark.

Speaking at the Reuters Global Technology Summit in Tokyo last week, Capcom CFO Kazuhiko Abe has revealed that Resident Evil 5 has sold just shy of 5 million copies worldwide since launch.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                      No. RE5 sales exceed 5million mark.

http://kotaku.com/5268672/resident-e...es-figures-get
                      yeah, but guess how many consoles it took to sell that many, when RE2 landed a near 5 million on a single platform. of course, multi-platform games are gonna have a higher success of selling because well....they're multi-platform..
                      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                        yeah, but guess how many consoles it took to sell that many, when RE2 landed a near 5 million on a single platform. of course, multi-platform games are gonna have a higher success of selling because well....they're multi-platform..
                        PS1 dominated the console war during its generation.
                        Microsoft stepping in effectively split up the market.

I dunno, I just find it hard to justify the whole "So what? It sold better on a single console!" argument now.

Comment

Good sales, but still below every other game in the main series except for the Nintendo exclusives when accounting all versions and SKUs ever released and the available data we have.

Biohazard 2 - 2,474,624 (missing Dreamcast data)
                          Biohazard - 2,023,163 (missing latest PS1 Dual Shock data, NDS New Best Price)
                          Biohazard 3: Last Escape - 1,398,305 (missing PS1 CapKore)
                          Biohazard 4 - 1,063,939
                          Biohazard CODE: Veronica - 754,577 (missing GC version, PS2 CapKore and PS2 Best Price)
                          Biohazard 5 - 589,336
                          Biohazard 0 - 479,226
                          Biohazard Outbreak - 427,779 (missing PS2 The Best)
                          Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles - 300,340
                          Biohazard (Remake) - 290,990
                          Biohazard Outbreak File 2 - 213,881
                          Last edited by cvxfreak; 07-10-2009, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X