No announcement yet.

SDCC 09: Resident Evil's Wesker Gone for Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But that isn't really telling anything about the story in anyway your just pigeonholing it into a specific genre that may appeal to your given friend.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
      BTW. Anyone knows if Thomas Wilde is going to update his Plot Analysis now that RE5 was released?
      I used to be in touch with him pretty regularly, but I haven't really heard anything since well after RE4 was released for the PS2.

Comment

Don't know why people thought he was still alive and think that it is good because there is not to much further they could go with his character. I would like them now to put some kinda end to the Ada storyline whether that is DSC or 6 doens't matter but no reboot for me until that is part of the story is cleared up.

Comment

From the moment I finished RE5 I knew Wesker was gone and over... I had my hopes, but I just knew they wanted him off, because of the character's development.
          The reboot thing doesn't satisfy me, I need to know what happen with the other holes left on the plot, Hunk, Ada, Barry, Rebecca... even with some DSC files I'll be happy, then they can reboot it.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
            I mean, do people watch the Simpsons of Family Guy for the story of each episode? I don't think so, they watch it for the jokes but the story is ok anyway.
            Family Guy, yes... you watch it for the jokes. The Simpsons? It barely has any jokes at all and you watch it for the storyline. In fact, you can always describe a Simpsons episode on the storyline of a specific episode. While with Family Guy, you only remember the jokes.

Ahywhoo, I'm glad Wesker is dead. The moment he became Neo mixed with Goku from DBZ... sheesh! that was enough to convince me that there was zero future for such a character... specially when he lives in a universe where they try hard to make you believe stuff could happen (outbreaks, viruses, etc.). So RE5 was a bit too cartoony.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

i specifically registered so i can at least same something here

i finished RE5 in a matter of days because iw as so hardcore on it, not like any other game, thats how much i love Resident Evil

i hve heard that the ending was abit dodgy frmo a friend, but i told him dont say anymore, also i knew that RE6 was going to be a reboot, even before i played the game, he later returned to me that i was right about that, and that put me into abit of a dismay, nevertheless i played it as i would love to.

As we all know how it ends, i will not mention it, however i did feel that RE5 was a very good game, however again what i thought was that because they finally brought Wesker out of the closest into a proper role of the game series since maybe RE1?, i didnt feel it was right for them to kill him off, at least i would say, give him this game to show what are his intentions, let them fail and let him live for one more game, so it will be all epic and badass. for crying out loud, just ONE more game, end it on an even number.

i know it maybe impossible now, but i always thought what would be great, if it turned out to be a false ending and not the 'True' ending that is quite traditional in the RE games. and with the PC version coming out very soon, they could always redo the ending to make things a tiny bit easier for them in the future series. For the home console versions, maybe an update with an extra level to give wat they would say the 'true' ending of the game itself?

but how can one recover from that? Lava, there's nothing that can beat Volcanic Lava, shitload of bullets, stabbings and 2 Rocket Launchers to die and not surivive.

I would propose to Capcom that the Albert Wesker we see is not really the Wesker we all know, but infact one the Wesker children, that was acting as a hand puppet by the real Wesker elsewhere, this would make a alternative meaning why Wesker in RE5 didnt knew he was an experiment, only the greatest and smartest of them all would know of it, hence the REAL Albert Wesker would indeed know this.

it is a tiny bit downhearting still that they potentially ruined their own series by bringing in new generation staff to take over and create a vastly different story and drift away from the style that Resident Evil was. im nto saying RE4 was a good bad, it was an excellent game, and brought alot of new gamers to the series, however it would still be nice if they kept it original but with new ideas to please both worlds today.

Whats actually heartbreaking is that Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, is to be released, that game in my point of view, is an abomination to the series, and to RE2 (the best game in the series in my opinion) and RE:CV. What would have been excellent ws if they remade RE2 very much like how they remake RE:1 for the Gamecube, but where in next generation gaming business, there's so much they could take advantage of, but i guess, thats Capcom for you since 2002

Comment

Working...
              X