No announcement yet.

New Darkside Chronicles Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, Chris. CV better be the only scenario he's appearing in. I agree with MissValentines. I'm tired of seeing his one-dimensional personality on screen. Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Ryler View Post
      Nice trailer. But I really want to see Ada and Annette fight.
      Considering the sudden amount of sympathy she's starting to garner, I'm not sure Annette will be getting the "crazed wife of mad scientist" characterization in this version. For that reason, I'm not sure the Ada/Annette "fight" would be fitting.

Who knows...
      A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

I don't think Annette fighting Ada was necessarily apart of her 'insanity'. Ada is a spy, and thus I'd think it would be fair for Annette to consider her an enemy. With Leon still being shot, there is potential for an Ada/Annette confrontation...but how they'd do it is beyond me.

Comment

Actually, Alexander being alive in 1983 is more or less correct. Alexia was born in 1971, she was 27 when she died in 1998 and she was asleep for 15 years. 1983 would have been the year she injected herself with it. It's also the year of his death. Going by the original Code: Veronica, it's about right. Going by the RE5 timeline, it's wrong. Pretty pathetic given it's the space of two games. Also, should the Raccoon City outbreak have even happened if they were attacked in the labs? How did the T-Virus get to the sewer?

I'm excited about the new cutscenes I'll see of the Ashfords, but the messing up of canon makes it slightly frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
            I don't think Annette fighting Ada was necessarily apart of her 'insanity'. Ada is a spy, and thus I'd think it would be fair for Annette to consider her an enemy. With Leon still being shot, there is potential for an Ada/Annette confrontation...but how they'd do it is beyond me.
            I didn't say it was; Ada came on a little too strong to me in that instance. All I was saying is that Annette's character wouldn't play as well in that situation given this new outlook.

Though you did bring up an interesting point (well, indirectly); why the hell is Leon being so calm to a woman who shot him? It doesn't make much sense...
            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
              How does the sight of Chris, who IS in RECV after all, make you depressed? And you do realize the hypocrisy in your statement, right? It has already been pointed out by SelfishGene and Smiley, but I will add to it:

You absolutely would not think that anything would be wrong with Jill being in REDSC, even though she was just in RE5 (and MvC2, and REmake Wii, and an alternate costume in Wii Love Golf, and RE3 *coming soon to PSN*, and a billion other things) but since it is Chris, he is suddenly "overexposed?"

I honestly don't understand how you're pissed off that Chris - who, again, WAS in RECV - is making an appearance in the REDSC portion of REVC.
              Knowing that I will have to sit through a section playing as Chris again. How can I not be depressed?

I just think having Chris in there puts it off balance. he doesn't fit there. If Barry was omitted form UC, then Chris can be omitted form the small part of CVX he was in. And UC was pretty messed around as well, DSC could be slightly rewritten and just have Claire and Steve, much better I would think.

I mean in UC Jill and Chris were together the whole mansion. So who says Claire and Steve can't be together the whole Rockfort Island and Antarctica levels?

So yeah if Chris makes an appearance in Leon and Claire's game. Then Jill and Rebecca should make appearances too. I mean why leave them out? Chris has been in fucking everything lately. Which is illogical because he is the worst written character in the series, he should have the least screen time possible. And It's just depressing to think that will all his many appearances he still doesn't have even half the character development Steve got as his small side character appearance in CVX.

And all those games you mentioned are either other games with Jill guest starring, or a re release. Which means nothing. I mean Ive already got and played RE3. Oh big difference I can get it on PSN now wow it's a totally new experience. I was meaning in a new RE game, with an original appearances or in a new Remake.

I mean RE's protagonists are Jill, Chris, Leon and Claire. So why have three and leave out Jill? It's just annoying. And Rebecca could also be classed as a protagonist now too kinda so why leave her out of everything too?

That 4th scenario better have Jill in it. I mean wouldn't it be awesome to have say, Jill and Chris team up and the first official BSAA mission going to hunt down Umbrella or Tricell? I think that would be pretty awesome. Jill and Rebecca would be more awesome but Jill and Chris would make more sense according to RE5's crappy storyline.

Originally posted by Veris View Post
              Ugh, Chris. CV better be the only scenario he's appearing in. I agree with MissValentine. I'm tired of seeing his one-dimensional personality on screen. Spoiler:
              YAY. Finally someone who see's my point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                I didn't say it was; Ada came on a little too strong to me in that instance. All I was saying is that Annette's character wouldn't play as well in that situation given this new outlook.
                Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you. I was just pointing something out.

I also wanna comment about the complaints of Chris' inclusion. Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles are two different games and Darkside has been -up to this point- shown us how much attention they are putting into the original storyline. I thought it would be fairly obvious that we'd be seeing him again, could you imagine if they took him out of the storyline and how much they'd have to change? The complaints for him being removed would faaaaaaaaar outweigh the complaints for his overexposure. Plus, he's only featured in half of the Code Veronica storyline anyway...it's not like he's going to steal the entire spotlight of the game.
                Last edited by Kei_M; 08-19-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

You could play the whole of RE1 and never see Barry outside of the intro. Chris and Wesker are both vital parts of CV's story. It just doesn't work anymore without them. Barry was never essential to RE1's story.

Honestly, a single appearence doesn't seem so bad since the game wouldn't work well without Chris. And if there's a good reason for either Jill or Rebecca to be in the game, sure. But I don't wanna see them shoehorned into the game for no other reason that to have them there. I think that would be a lot worse than not having them there at all.

And it's not as though Jill wasn't overdone already...she's a playable character in three out of four of UC's scenarios, she was a primary part of RE5 in that she was a boss, a m otivation for Chris and the key for the Uroborus virus...

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                    If Barry was omitted form UC, then Chris can be omitted form the small part of CVX he was in.
                    Stop using this Barry - Chris comparision.
                    Barry was just a supporting character in RE1/REmake - a character you spend several minutes with through the entire game and whom you can get killed in two thirds of the game. He had no meaning for the story and throwing him away from UC scenario made no harm at all; especially since UC doesn't give a shit about the storyline.

Chris, on the other hand, is one of the main characters in RECV and wether you like it or not, you play nearly half of the game as him. How many times has this been said alread? He's an important part of the story and it seems that DSC at least cares for the proper storyline so no including Chris in CV scenario would be ridiculous.

And UC was pretty messed around as well, DSC could be slightly rewritten and just have Claire and Steve, much better I would think.
                    Yes, because everyone loved what UC did with the storyline. Oh how happy I was when Jill and Carlos killed off Nemesis on the roof of RPD and then escaped from the city - it was such a great idea .

Then Jill and Rebecca should make appearances too. I mean why leave them out?
                    Gee, let me think... Maybe, as opposed to Chris, neither Jill nor Rebecca never had been part of RE2 or CV storyline?

Comment

After viewing the trailer a couple of times and noticing the sheer amount of bullshit, I have this to say;

Fuck this game.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Chris saves the day in CV. You can't have CV conclude the way it did without Chris. Claire got caught by Alexia, and Steve got fucked up too. You can even completely ignore Wesker, but Chris is the most important protagonist in that game by far. (Claire just provides the motivation for him. The fact that you play as her for longer is a moot point. Just shows how unnecessarily long and drawn out CV is).
                        sigpic

Comment

When did roughly half of a game start to equal "a small part"? If you didn't think Chris would appear in DSC knowing there was a CV scenario, then ... idek. I know they were teasing us by not showing him up until now, but seriously. Seeing him, while making me just squee because yay finally total confirmation! ... sort of expected!

Comment

Originally posted by Veris View Post
                            Ugh, Chris. CV better be the only scenario he's appearing in. I agree with MissValentines. I'm tired of seeing his one-dimensional personality on screen. Spoiler:
                            How can anyone question the personality of these characters?

They are RE heroes & heroines...they are almost devoid of personalities. Please explain to me how Rebecca, Claire, Jill, Barry, Carlos, Billy, etc have any more "personality" than Chris?

The only character to receive any real treatment is Leon, as he had the longest game (RE4) to develop (or devolve, depending on your opinion of him).

Honestly...what's not to love about Chris?

He's got a sense of humor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpg73l6HEB0&NR=1

And let's not forget his deep-rooted angst for large rocks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1g8...eature=related

Comment

Excuse me if I'm not attracted to his boring personality. Don't get me wrong, everybody was a bit dull in REmake, but Chris's been dull through out the whole series. I never found him interesting and never connected with him, nor cared for his storyline with Wesker.

Comment

as bad as this sounds I REALLY hope Jill isnt in this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X