X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't give two fucks if Jill was in it. Because
    A) She wasn't in the original RE2
    B) She wasn't in the original RE:CV/X
    She may or may not be in other new unnanounced scenarios, I don't care either way.

Chris on the other hand...
    sigpic

Comment

Well that too lol.

im just fucking sick of Jill she isnt the best RE character.

Comment

You all act like its any surprise that MissV is bitching about not having his favorite character in a game. Logic tends to escape him. Disregard the fact that it has already been mentioned that Jill has appeared in the most media both within the series and used in other games as well (his claim that Chris was overexposed or whatever made me seriously lol. God I love trolls), and that Chris actually had something to do with CV. After all...the whole point of the game was for Claire to find him. Practically any time Claire meets someone, she brings up her search for Chris at least half a dozen times. She doesn't attack the Umbrella facilty because she wants to bring them down, she did it to find Chris which ultimately landed her in the situation she was in during CV in the first place. So yeah...I'd say including Chris in CV is a necessity, and bitching about it is immature and utterly pointless.

Wanting a BSAA level where Jill and Chris are going after Tricell, I believe MissV suggested, would be pretty damn backwards considering no one knew Tricell was evil until the events in RE5. And any BSAA mission would also include Chris, since Jill was attached to his hip.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
          Gee, let me think... Maybe, as opposed to Chris, neither Jill nor Rebecca never had been part of RE2 or CV storyline?
          Well, if UC had 4 scenarios, then there is no doubt DSC will have 4 as well. Leon and Krauser appear in one. That leaves one left. Who's gonna be in it? Jill and Rebecca are the only ones left out so lets have them appear in it.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          Fuck this game.
          That's your new catchphrase isn't it?

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
          How can anyone question the personality of these characters?

They are RE heroes & heroines...they are almost devoid of personalities. Please explain to me how Rebecca, Claire, Jill, Barry, Carlos, Billy, etc have any more "personality" than Chris?

The only character to receive any real treatment is Leon, as he had the longest game (RE4) to develop (or devolve, depending on your opinion of him).
          I don't see how Leon has a lot of development really. He has some in RE2. But none in Degeneration and RE4 he was a cliched action hero.

Chris's story and development was always very strait forward. And it was rather boring. He was essentially a flawless character. And that is not a good thing, it's a very very bad thing. In RE1, it was just, escape, help Rebecca, take down Wesker. Then in CVX, Save Claire, take down Wesker, escape. Then in RE5. Save Jill. Take down Wesker, escape.

It's just the same thing repeating itself in a loop. And in all his games other than RE5 it is extremely strait forwards. With little development to the character. There were barely any cutscenes in Chris's part as opposed to Jill's or Claire's sections. And like I said before, it was boring and strait forward. And his rivalry with Wesker was very cliche and him wanting to take down Umbrella was very unrealistic and kind of took me out of the experience. In RE5 he had an inkling of character, but still not much at all.

Normally I would not care, and just think he was boring. But the amount of attention Chris gets and the number of appearances he is making, my mind is just boggled as to why such a badly written character is getting more attention that characters that are more interesting and more developed than him? So yeah, I am pissed of at that.

I mean with Jill, Claire and Leon it's a lot less strait forward and they are given a chance to develop. Jill has Barry to deal with in the mansion. She is stuck alone in there with him as her only back up. He is her trusted friend and work mate. And she depends on him, yet she grows a little suspicious of him and we see her make decisions showing of her character. Jill decided to give Barry to benefit of the doubt. Thus showing she is very trusting, maybe to trusting. A character flaw that I can identify with, because I am a very trusting person too. In the end it pays of for her. Which is good. She has the same escape story too a lot, but it's more thought out and more detail is put into it. She has a lot more cutscenes and dialog too. That's just a single example. In RE3 and RE5 she faces many things too. She has to overcome the great adversity that is the Nemesis. She finds Carlos in the city, and shows character consistency and trusts that he's not working for Umbrella and that trust eventually saves her life When Carlos gets the vaccine for her. She almost fails as well, when Nemmy gets her. I could go on and on about why I love Jill's character more than Chris's. The characters around Jill help her to show her development too. Whereas with Chris, all he does is treat Rebecca like a kid and pat her on the shoulder. Not really any development there.

Leon in RE2, he shows his naivety when he falls for Ada, he was clearly in love with her. Or lust. And then after Raccoon City, and after finding out she was a spy, he follows her and becomes and secret agent then meets up with her again. And since he was betrayed last time. He is more wary of her now but he still feels something.

Claire shows her caring and compassionate heart in RE2. She helps Sherry and looks after her like a mother. And she has come to Raccoon to look for her big brother. I love how she would do anything to protect Sherry, and make her feel loved and safe. She ever wraps her up with her jacket later in the game. I like that about Claire.

Chris just, doesn't appeal to me. He never shows emotion. His storyline annoys me. I don't particularly like the whole Chris VS Wesker plot line. And he is badly written.

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
          as bad as this sounds I REALLY hope Jill isnt in this game.

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
          Well that too lol.

im just fucking sick of Jill she isnt the best RE character.
          That's your opinion.

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
          You all act like its any surprise that MissV is bitching about not having his favorite character in a game. Logic tends to escape him. Disregard the fact that it has already been mentioned that Jill has appeared in the most media both within the series and used in other games as well (his claim that Chris was overexposed or whatever made me seriously lol. God I love trolls), and that Chris actually had something to do with CV. After all...the whole point of the game was for Claire to find him. Practically any time Claire meets someone, she brings up her search for Chris at least half a dozen times. She doesn't attack the Umbrella facilty because she wants to bring them down, she did it to find Chris which ultimately landed her in the situation she was in during CV in the first place. So yeah...I'd say including Chris in CV is a necessity, and bitching about it is immature and utterly pointless.

Wanting a BSAA level where Jill and Chris are going after Tricell, I believe MissV suggested, would be pretty damn backwards considering no one knew Tricell was evil until the events in RE5. And any BSAA mission would also include Chris, since Jill was attached to his hip.
          Oh haha call me a troll for disagreeing with your almighty opinion. Great. Lets all be immature and insult each other shall we?

I said Umbrella or Tricell BTW. Or maybe just some random mission. I'm sure Jill and Chris did something in all those years.

Comment

It does need to make sense within the game, however. Just ramming them in would be worse than not having them at all.

EDIT: Also? No insulting folks, anyone. Lets all be one big, happy family and keep the bitching and backstabbing where Granda can't see it.
            Last edited by Darkmoon; 08-20-2009, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Well, if UC had 4 scenarios, then there is no doubt DSC will have 4 as well. Leon and Krauser appear in one. That leaves one left. Who's gonna be in it? Jill and Rebecca are the only ones left out so lets have them appear in it.
              Boring character no. 1 and boring character no. 2 who are not even connected to each other to begin with. Smooth.

Rebecca is a weak throwaway character that got more credit than she was worth for some shit reason, while Jill is just bland and dry now with no real character development left thanks to over-exposure.

If they have no reason to be in the game, keep them out of it altogether.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Is it just me but didn't anyone think there would be an RE 4 section to this game. Maybe not having one is good because as annoying as Leon gets in that game, I thinking hearing Ashley again would just suck.

Comment

yeah RE4 could be in DSC because of Krauser, but I hope it will be a completely new scenario with Krauser
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Eh, missv, I don't know what games you have been playing, but all that stuff you said about Claire, Leon, and Jill's developments could be applied to Chris as well, if you take off the hate-colored glasses.

Because all 4 of those characters (arguably the most developed of the protagonists) have pretty similar journeys with little to no personal traits explored. Everything you speak of is just your imagination mainly taking the game's situation and spinning it to be deeper than what Capcom programs into the code.

Wesker had to have a primary opponent from RE1 - I am sure if it was Jill instead of Chris, you wouldn't find it forced or cliched. And let's just forget about the pot-bellied geezer named Barry being the foil for Wesker, okay?

Chris is a dullard in REmake, I won't disagree, but so are Jill and Barry and Rebecca and even Wesker. While the dialogue in REmake was much more coherent and improved over the atrocious RE1, the VA still was not very impressive. But just because Chris is straight-laced and mostly taciturn, doesn't make him unappealing. As for his quest to take down Umbrella, I seem to recall that is the motivation for almost all of the RE1 heroes. Chris just happened to adhere to it better than the rest. In RECV he shows the lengths he'll go to in order to rescue his sister, plus there's the familial ties which is a theme to the game. And Wesker's return started their rivalry. In RE5, Chris displayed an aged character, with yet another display of undying loyalty to find Jill.

As for your darling female characters...

Rebecca is easily the worst developed (and most uninteresting) RE character. A victim of child prodigy syndrome (hahaha...18-year-old trained in chemistry, medicine, AND advanced law enforcement tactcs...hahaha, and you say Chris' storyline "takes you out of the experience?!), she displays "child-like" attributes in her helplessness in RE1/REmake. Then Capcom egregiously tries to improve her backstory - going against what is shown in RE1, even though it takes place after the events they show in RE0 - all the while leaving her still uninteresting, where she still shows great dependence on another, this time being Billy Coen.

Claire. Claire, Claire, Claire. RE2: Gotta find Chris. Oops, zombie apocalypse. Oh a little girl. I'll display some motherly emotions. Boss fight. Gotta find Chris.
                    RECV: Gotta find Chris. Steve dies, somewhat sad. Chris, my brother!

Jill. My favorite female character from the series, yet I don't see what all the hullabaloo is about. She is just as plain & boring as Chris et al, yet she's even had an entire game to herself and still remained dull (her RE3 iteration was just as underdeveloped as her RE1 & RE5 ones). Honestly, I just don't see how Jill fanatics think she's this well-developed character.

None of these characters really are. Wesker is the only one who has a deep (for RE) storyline that actually shows some depth of character, but even then it is just his malice and attempts to become a "God." RE is just not a series that has character development/depth as a strong point.

As for the scenarios in DSC, I imagine...RE2, RECV, South America, HUNK level (escaping Birkin, leading into his REUC level), Ada level (from the time she is shot/falls off bridge to the point she tosses the rocket launcher), and ???

I do expect, however, for there to be an awful lot of retconning.
                    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-20-2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                      Eh, missv, I don't know what games you have been playing, but all that stuff you said about Claire, Leon, and Jill's developments could be applied to Chris as well, if you take off the hate-colored glasses.

Because all 4 of those characters (arguably the most developed of the protagonists) have pretty similar journeys with little to no personal traits explored. Everything you speak of is just your imagination mainly taking the game's situation and spinning it to be deeper than what Capcom programs into the code.

Wesker had to have a primary opponent from RE1 - I am sure if it was Jill instead of Chris, you wouldn't find it forced or cliched. And let's just forget about the pot-bellied geezer named Barry being the foil for Wesker, okay?

Chris is a dullard in REmake, I won't disagree, but so are Jill and Barry and Rebecca and even Wesker. While the dialogue in REmake was much more coherent and improved over the atrocious RE1, the VA still was not very impressive. But just because Chris is straight-laced and mostly taciturn, doesn't make him unappealing. As for his quest to take down Umbrella, I seem to recall that is the motivation for almost all of the RE1 heroes. Chris just happened to adhere to it better than the rest. In RECV he shows the lengths he'll go to in order to rescue his sister, plus there's the familial ties which is a theme to the game. And Wesker's return started their rivalry. In RE5, Chris displayed an aged character, with yet another display of undying loyalty to find Jill.

As for your darling female characters...

Rebecca is easily the worst developed (and most uninteresting) RE character. A victim of child prodigy syndrome (hahaha...18-year-old trained in chemistry, medicine, AND advanced law enforcement tactcs...hahaha, and you say Chris' storyline "takes you out of the experience?!), she displays "child-like" attributes in her helplessness in RE1/REmake. Then Capcom egregiously tries to improve her backstory - going against what is shown in RE1, even though it takes place after the events they show in RE0 - all the while leaving her still uninteresting, where she still shows great dependence on another, this time being Billy Coen.

Claire. Claire, Claire, Claire. RE2: Gotta find Chris. Oops, zombie apocalypse. Oh a little girl. I'll display some motherly emotions. Boss fight. Gotta find Chris.
                      RECV: Gotta find Chris. Steve dies, somewhat sad. Chris, my brother!

Jill. My favorite female character from the series, yet I don't see what all the hullabaloo is about. She is just as plain & boring as Chris et al, yet she's even had an entire game to herself and still remained dull (her RE3 iteration was just as underdeveloped as her RE1 & RE5 ones). Honestly, I just don't see how Jill fanatics think she's this well-developed character.

None of these characters really are. Wesker is the only one who has a deep (for RE) storyline that actually shows some depth of character, but even then it is just his malice and attempts to become a "God." RE is just not a series that has character development/depth as a strong point.

As for the scenarios in DSC, I imagine...RE2, RECV, South America, HUNK level (escaping Birkin, leading into his REUC level), Ada level (from the time she is shot/falls off bridge to the point she tosses the rocket launcher), and ???

wow exelent!!!!! QFT I absolutely agree with you!!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        Boring character no. 1 and boring character no. 2 who are not even connected to each other to begin with. Smooth.

Rebecca is a weak throwaway character that got more credit than she was worth for some shit reason, while Jill is just bland and dry now with no real character development left thanks to over-exposure.

If they have no reason to be in the game, keep them out of it altogether.

I agree with this +15 points for News Bot and Jills Boob for his post as well.
                        Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 08-20-2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post

That's your opinion.
                          Oh haha call me a troll for disagreeing with your almighty opinion. Great. Lets all be immature and insult each other shall we?
                          Firstly....I never insulted you. If I did, I would have already been banned for it. Trolling is often said when a person enters an agrument just to get people riled up, which is exactly what you did and most likely knew would happen. I find it amusing....when you start spouting off on your tangents, you use "It's MY opinion" as your defense against anyone trying to disagree with you. When the tides of an argument start shifting against you, that is your typical fallback (aside from claiming people are ganging up on you). And when you start using your personal opinion in discussions/debates, you instantly make maturity and validity of anything you say drop to zero. Why? Because No one can argue facts against a personal opinion.

People are tired of Jill, especially around here. You drew her in to yet another argument when really there was no need. Your original bitching was that Chris was in the game (when he has a dire need to be), and Jill wasn't. And yet when you hear people say "I'm tired of Jill" you instantly get riled up against their opinion, but expect everyone should pander to yours just because she's YOUR favorite character. Other people like Jill too, but they agree that they see no need to toss her into the game simply because "Oh she needs to be there for some obscure reason!"

You should learn to really stop being a whiner when people disagree with you about your precious Jill. I used to love Jill as a character. RE5 and her obsessive fans, people rather like you, have made me start to detest her. That's MY opinion. Make your angry smiley faces all you want. But if you don't like it, get over it.

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post

......................(long, beautiful ass post)
                          Very, very true. It's arguable that none of the characters really have any development in the series. Why? Because plain and simple: the heroes are all "Let's do some good!" while the villains are all hell bent on doing nothing but evil. They have no middle ground, and when that happens, there is hardly any characteristics to develop. They either have two goals in mind: get out of a situation alive and kill the bad guy. That's about it. None of them seem to have any faults, none of them seem to learn from anything. RE5 flushed Chris out a very slight bit, with some of the things he'll say to Sheva, but that could just be that the writing is a bit better and they are trying to make him more surly and bitter.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• It makes me sad when I see very well-thought out posts wasted on disputes with missvalentine. News Bot, Jill's Boob and Rosetta all created intelligent, correct points in their posts and they will be blatantly ignored by missv. I've learned to just ignore it. I used to think he was really, really stubborn, but now I'm pretty sure that he's just an EXTREMELY persistent troll.
                            Last edited by Vector; 08-20-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                              I used to love Jill as a character. RE5 and her obsessive fans, people rather like you, have made me start to detest her. That's MY opinion. Make your angry smiley faces all you want. But if you don't like it, get over it.

I too was the same. All of her batshit crazy fans made me hate her cause it was always JILL JILL JILL JILL JILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                                Just to add my 0.02$.
                                I find it hilarious that it was you who was upset that Chris (Claire's brother she was looking for in RE2 and RECV) is in DSC using the argument that "this game should be exclusively Leon and Claire" and "DSC should be about the non stars RE protagonists", and yet this is at least the third time when you're writing that Rebecca and Jill - both completely unrelated to neither Leon nor Claire, both ex STATS members - should be in (or even own) the 4th scenario...

And you wonder why Rosetta called you a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X