New Darkside Chronicles Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    Eh, missv, I don't know what games you have been playing, but all that stuff you said about Claire, Leon, and Jill's developments could be applied to Chris as well, if you take off the hate-colored glasses.
    No. There is no bias in my previous post. Why? Because when I first played RE. I didn't hate or like any of the characters and was completely unbiased. And after playing and seeing them, and forming my initial opinions that's how I felt.

Jill and especially Claire have a lot more development and personality than Chris does. Chris is just a strait forward and totally unrealistic character.

Maybe they are all dull to you, but to me they are pretty interesting characters and I wanna see more of them. Leon too if they go back to what he was like in RE2. He wasn't half bad.

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    Firstly....I never insulted you. If I did, I would have already been banned for it. Trolling is often said when a person enters an agrument just to get people riled up, which is exactly what you did and most likely knew would happen.
    Umm, no. No I didn't do this for the sole purpose of reading your angry response's Rosetta. In case you didn't notice, this is a forum, where you know, people share there opinions whether they are conflicting or not. And whether they are popular or not.

I find it amusing....when you start spouting off on your tangents, you use "It's MY opinion" as your defense against anyone trying to disagree with you. When the tides of an argument start shifting against you, that is your typical fallback (aside from claiming people are ganging up on you).
    Where have I ever claimed that? Did I ever cry stop ganging up on me? No Ive never done that. Hell Ive never even reported one of your posts. Like I said, it's a forum, debates and arguments happen.

If other people have said that, then that's them not me. Don't put words in my mouth Rosetta.

And when you start using your personal opinion in discussions/debates, you instantly make maturity and validity of anything you say drop to zero. Why? Because No one can argue facts against a personal opinion.
    So your saying everything you say is fact?

People are tired of Jill, especially around here.
    No I don't think so. Maybe one or two people. But that's to be expected. If you hadn't noticed people are also tired of Chris. Hence why the argument was started.

Some people are also tired of Leon, some are tired of new style RE games. Some of tired of old style RE games. So yeah your point is kinda null. There are many people here that would love to see Jill in a new game too.

Do you know how many PM's and IM's a I get, with people backing me up, but not wanting to post themselves cause they don't want to go through this BS arguments afterwords?

Very, very true. It's arguable that none of the characters really have any development in the series. Why? Because plain and simple: the heroes are all "Let's do some good!" while the villains are all hell bent on doing nothing but evil. They have no middle ground, and when that happens, there is hardly any characteristics to develop. They either have two goals in mind: get out of a situation alive and kill the bad guy. That's about it. None of them seem to have any faults, none of them seem to learn from anything. RE5 flushed Chris out a very slight bit, with some of the things he'll say to Sheva, but that could just be that the writing is a bit better and they are trying to make him more surly and bitter.
    If that's what you believe then you don't have very good character analysis skills Rosetta. No offense.

Try to look deeper into some of the characters motives. That is a thing I love about survival horror. Almost nothing is up front, but things are hinted at and you discover a lot yourself.

I can see a lot of character in Jill and Claire. And a decent amount in Leon. Chris however is bland and strait forwards. And terribly unrealistic. I could never find a realistic motive to anything he did. Other than cliched ones.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    It makes me sad when I see very well-thought out posts wasted on disputes with missvalentine. News Bot, Jill's Boob and Rosetta all created intelligent, correct points in their posts and they will be blatantly ignored by missv. I've learned to just ignore it. I used to think he was really, really stubborn, but now I'm pretty sure that he's just an EXTREMELY persistent troll.
    It makes me sad when I write out long posts trying to convey an opinion them people scream TROLL because I don't go with the majority of what others think.

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
    Just to add my 0.02$.
    I find it hilarious that it was you who was upset that Chris (Claire's brother she was looking for in RE2 and RECV) is in DSC using the argument that "this game should be exclusively Leon and Claire" and "DSC should be about the non stars RE protagonists", and yet this is at least the third time when you're writing that Rebecca and Jill - both completely unrelated to neither Leon nor Claire, both ex STATS members - should be in (or even own) the 4th scenario...

And you wonder why Rosetta called you a troll.
    I said, if Chris is in the game, then there is no reason for Jill and Rebecca to not appear as well now. Not once have I ever suggested they be in this game before I saw Chris in it.

Comment

RE is just not a series that has character development/depth as a strong point.
      I actually disagree with what JB said about alot of the characters, however, this point can't be said enough times.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
        I said, if Chris is in the game, then there is no reason for Jill and Rebecca to not appear as well now.
        But there IS a reason for Jill and Rebecca not to appear in the game and Chris to appear in it - and that's what everybody here is trying to tell you.

Chris is Claire's god-damn brother; Claire's entire story - her ride to Raccoon City, her "visit" in Umbrella's HQ - started and was continued because she wanted to find him, he was her driving force. Without Chris in CV scenario the whole plot of that game would be trashed because Chris was in the game for two reasons: the theme of family and siblings (Ashfords, Burnsides, Redfields) and because it was the game where Redfields were meant to finally unite.

For someone who's a fan of RE how can that be hard to understand? Chris' not in DSC because "oh, he's a cool character, he was in RE5 so he's popular now so throw him in there"; he's there because he's essential to CODE: Veronica's plot and, in contrary to Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles seems to care about the plot.
        Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 08-20-2009, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• This argument is making my head hurt and it's incredibly frustrating.

Missv, you say there is no bias in your post because you had no bias when you started playing. How the hell is that relevant to saying Jill should be in DSC but you're not biased whatsoever? What possible reason would there be for Jill to be in DSC? This point is just insane, it really is. It's like me just blatantly saying "I think Alexia is much cooler than Jill so she should totally appear in RE6 and Jill shouldn't. But I'm not biased, because I wasn't biased when I was 6 and played my first RE game". Ludicrous.

Why does it mean because Chris is in CV, Jill and Rebecca should be too? They never appeared in the bloody games. Chris plays HALF of the entire game. If people agree with you, why don't they post and say that then? Because it's beyond my comprehension where the logic for this argument comes in. A character is appearing in an on-rails rehash of an old game where you play for him as 50% OF THE ENTIRE GAME. Wow, this means two completely unrelated characters who were in neither game should appear too!

.. Seriously. What?
          Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 08-20-2009, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Where have I ever claimed that? Did I ever cry stop ganging up on me? No Ive never done that. Hell Ive never even reported one of your posts. Like I said, it's a forum, debates and arguments happen.

If other people have said that, then that's them not me. Don't put words in my mouth Rosetta.
            Did I ever say you reported any of my posts? No. I didn't. So you need to follow your own suggestion and not put words in my mouth. You have previously complained that you have been picked on because of your "feelings" for Jill. And as I previously stated...you started this whole argument and derailed the entire thread because you thought it was so horrible that Chris was in the game and not Jill.

No I don't think so. Maybe one or two people. But that's to be expected. If you hadn't noticed people are also tired of Chris. Hence why the argument was started.
            No. You made your backwards ass statement about being "offended" that Chris was in a game that he had every right to be in, and then said you wished Jill was in the game because Chris was in it. That is how this all started. No one else seemed upset that Chris was shown. He is strongly connected to Claire, and if it hasn't been said enough: He is in CV.

I've seen more people complaining about Jill than I have Chris. You may claim that you and your friends think Chris is overexposed, and that you get so many PMs and IMs about it, but those are PRIVATE. Here's the age old argument you're sure to bitch right back at me about. Chris is the main character of the series. More events and people were connected to him than any other hero.

So your saying everything you say is fact?
            Learn to comprehend please. I never said anything about making claims that everything I said was true. I said you have very poor skills at debating. You don't even know how to properly make an argument, let alone deliver it. Let me give you a little lesson: When you are debating something, you need facts, no personal opinion. You state your claim and then you yourself have to provide evidence to refute it. An example: Some studies have shown smoking is a health hazard, and yet I understand the tobacco industry is part of the economy etc.

Your typical argument is "I LOVE ZOMG TEH JILL AND SHE'S THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE SERIES. YOU DONT LIKE HER? WAAA YOU ARE SO MEAN AND MUST HATE ME!" You don't listen to reason, you are a hypocrite saying others dont respect your opinion when you clearly aren't returning the respect.

Like I said before: You cannot argue with someone's personal opinion. "I like the color blue." Well fuck me sideways. What can you say to that? "Blue is shit. Red is better." "NO U" No. That is not how to make an argument.

If that's what you believe then you don't have very good character analysis skills Rosetta. No offense.

Try to look deeper into some of the characters motives. That is a thing I love about survival horror. Almost nothing is up front, but things are hinted at and you discover a lot yourself.

I can see a lot of character in Jill and Claire. And a decent amount in Leon. Chris however is bland and strait forwards. And terribly unrealistic. I could never find a realistic motive to anything he did. Other than cliched ones.
            I think my ability to analyze something is far better than yours. You claim Chris has no motives? He went through just as much personal shit than Jill, if not more. His SISTER got involved in everything. Unless you're fucking dense and heartless, anyone would do anything to fight to protect the only family they have (or at least have ever been mentioned). Chris makes sacrifices to try and protect Claire. He wanted to make her proud. He was in the Air Force and a member of the police. He then goes on to try and stop bioterrorists around the world, something Claire herself obviously looks up to and tries to imitate on a more political level. What motives does Jill have that aren't cliched, hm? Let's see....Jill follows Chris. Jill does as Chris does. She wants to take out bioterrorists for the same reasons Chris does, except for the fact that she never had family involved.

Jill is unrealistic. Female and in Delta Force by her early 20s? How often do you think that happens in the real world? She somehow manages to not have a hole in her shoulder where a tentacle entered her body in RE3. Those must be some magical healing powers she has! She is able to survive against huge odds, alone, in a city infested with zombies, while special forces with better numbers and weapons don't. How very, very realistic. Let's not forget that her super virus not only saves her life but JUST SO HAPPENS to be a cure if its ever needed. How very touching. And realistic to boot.

Claire is realistic you say? Early twenties, a master of guns, outruns a helicopter, breaks into a no doubt very highly guarded Umbrella lab and manages to take out entire teams of soldiers? Wow....she's such a realistic character. You sure do have some amazing skills in seeing realism MsV. I bet everyone where you live is super powered, hence why you think things like this are completely average human behavior.

Rebecca and realism? Don't make me laugh. 18 year old college grad, joins elite STARS, lives through a situation her highly more experience superiors don't, and then vanishes off the face of the earth.

And again...so you can't say I'm making any more claims that I havent, I never once said Chris wasn't cliched. I never said he wasn't a boring character. I never said he was realistic. I DID say that his claims for being involved are a lot stronger than Jills (once again...he's looking out for his sister).

You claim Chris was overexposed. What about Jill? Aside from the RE games she's been in, she's appeared in games outside the series as well, which again...you seemed to ignore when another user mentioned it. But no...that's not overexposure for you. She's your favorite character! Your princess! You reside in her panties next to her gaping vagina! Its only fair that she star in as many games as she can to please you and her legion of depraved fans. Because Jill hasn't been in nearly enough! She needs much more screen time.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• I like Jill, she's my second favorite protagonist (first being Claire) in the RE series, yet I too also agree that she just doesn't belong in Darkside Chronicles. As many others have pointed out, Chris WAS in Code Veronica and was essential to the story, there's no denying it. He's going to be there either you like it or not. You played as him throughout half the game, and was why Claire is even in Code Veronica in the first place. I can't see why you'd be mad about him being in a on-rails remake of a game that he WAS in and WAS one of the main characters in the first place, of course they're not going to just shove him aside and leave him out. Jill would make no sense being in the game, and Rebecca would make even less sense. Least Rebecca had a side scenario in Umbrella Chronicles with Richard. But anyways, this topic seems to have gone from discussing the new trailer to this huge argument.

I found the trailer amazing, the graphics in cutscenes truly are beautiful for Wii. I'm so excited that they're actually including pretty much everyone from their respective games, such as Chief Irons, Annette, etc. Seems like they may have changed a few things around, such as William attacking HUNK's squad in the lab instead of the sewers, so I'm interested to see how they explain the virus getting from there to the streets of Raccoon City.
              Last edited by Spera01; 08-20-2009, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• I think the Hunk cut scene is based on a sub-chapter for him, having to fight Birkin which leads up to the sewers because no way that be a too much of a fuck up to have all his team in the labs; Capcom would remember about how the virus was leaked; outbreak intro was a huge part to show that so I doubt it's going to be what some people worry. Plus I think there will be a few things that will be cut/blended to tell the story than being true in every step on the previous games.I loved the Alexander Ashford cut scene but I am thinking if that video is set to be spoken future tense, or if there is a reason why he is still alive and that his "death" was exposed early.
                Last edited by Zombie Fred; 08-20-2009, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                  Maybe they are all dull to you, but to me they are pretty interesting characters and I wanna see more of them.
                  That's totally fine. We all have different opinions on the respective characters. And I actually don't hate any of the characters (except RE4+ Leon), but I can still find them dull. Like I said, I even found REmake Chris to be dull. And as for RE4+ Leon, I expect to see him in the future in more titles, so I am not going to throw a fit when it inevitably happens.

So you should accept that characters you may not like will also be featured again in the future, because no matter what - someone you may not prefer may actually be enjoyed by others, just as someone you be fond of may not be liked by others. You can still however make fun of the ones you don't like, but just don't try to make illogical arguments on why he/she should not be in a game.

The main thing here is that you are pissed off that Chris is in RECV, which no one can comprehend since he was, indeed, in RECV. And the primary reason for the events in the title. As Rosey said, a majority of the major players in the RE-verse are tied to Chris. Jill & Leon may be more popular, but Chris is the center point of the franchise.

Do you no longer replay RECV or RE5, just because Chris is present?

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                  I found the trailer amazing, the graphics in cutscenes truly are beautiful for Wii. I'm so excited that they're actually including pretty much everyone from their respective games, such as Chief Irons, Annette, etc. Seems like they may have changed a few things around, such as William attacking HUNK's squad in the lab instead of the sewers, so I'm interested to see how they explain the virus getting from there to the streets of Raccoon City.
                  Spera, did you play REUC? Because if you did, you should be expecting some rather drastic alterations to the established canon for Darkside. On-rail shooters don't have much when it comes to story, so I think the cutscenes we have seen so far are quite a bit from this title.

Expect a heavily abridged version of RE2 & RECV....

Comment

Spera, did you play REUC? Because if you did, you should be expecting some rather drastic alterations to the established canon for Darkside. On-rail shooters don't have much when it comes to story, so I think the cutscenes we have seen so far are quite a bit from this title.

Expect a heavily abridged version of RE2 & RECV....
                    Yes, I own UC. Believe me, I am expecting some things to be changed, but it seems like they are putting more work into this than they did with UC involving what happened in original titles. I don't expect there to be a "full" RE2 and RECV chapter in this, but from what I've seen so far, its still pretty dang good. Better than UC in my own opinion in being faithful, that's for sure.

Comment

• ^In all fairness to the oft-hated REUC, Darkside has more resources allocated to it than its predecessor: bigger budget, larger production team, more time in development, etc. Plus it is focusing on fewer past titles.

Comment

• oh yeah alot of things are gonna change.

Comment

• The graphics in these cutscenes alone have me excited for Darkside Chronicles.

Some of the scenes honestly look like something out of a CG-movie.

Comment

• I think all the character models look great and the voice actors sound pretty decent. The only one I'm worried about is Birkin because it sounds like they used the same VA from UC which made Birkin sound like a winy bitch.

Comment

• Have to agree about Birkin's voice actor. Sounds identical to his previous one in Umbrella Chronicles, which is unfortunate. I, too, did not like it and thought it took away a lot from his character. Then again, this trailer only previews a minimal amount of dialogue from Birkin. And, since the voice directing seems enormously improved from UC, I'm not going to worry too much.

I always liked his RE2 voice the best, honestly. Very maniacal and fitting for the few short seconds we heard his human voice.

Comment

• Chris may not be my prefered character... or second, third, fourth, fifth but I'm sure I can stand seeing him in one scenario. After that scenario is over, OFF WITH HIS LAME CHARACTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X