No announcement yet.

New Darkside Chronicles Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh... So her being shown in her room getting ready means she was caught off guard. Really, if she had enough time to get her gun she could've got a holster...or some pants
    Last edited by jagger916; 08-21-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• I'll never understand how people can be so obsessed with a fictional character. Sure I love Resident Evil, no doubt about that. Sure, I like some characters more than others. I have even developed over time a feeling of antipathy towards Leon. And not juste RE4+ Leon, like Jill's Boob, because for me this includes RE2 as well. He's such a moron ! But it's fine, since I consider that he's written that way. And now I have learnt to love to despise him.

But let's be honest for a second : RE characters have almost NO backstories. We know next to nothing about their past, all we know is what we see them do and hear them say.
      RE is just not a series that has character development/depth as a strong point.
      That is a fact. (RE5 however did quite a good job in this area, for example, Sheva has more backstory than any other RE characters !)
      Same as Jill. She's good. Chris is rather crappy, and gets more screen time than he deserves. Thus he is over exposed. He is exposed more than he should be. He has less personality than a side character.
      That is an opinion.

True, Jill is well received, but it has absolutely nothing to do with her personality. She's sexy AND beautiful AND she kicks zombie ass, that is more than enough to make her a lovable character. Lots of people love Claire and Leon, and most of the time, this is because they discovered the series with RE2, or simply because they are better written (VA+dialogues) than Jill and Chris. Some love Jill, because they have discovered RE with her (like me). Few love Chris, why ? Because let's be honest : no one played with him at the time, the game was freaking hard even with Jill so no one wanted to add even more difficulty. Those who really wanted to play as a man, quickly lost their courage when they saw that they didn't even have a gun in the beginning, had to find even more keys, could not take the shotgun, etc... Among them, those who persevered actually learnt to love Chris, believe it or not. The bond between a character and the player is not necessarily based on their personalities but rather on what the player experienced during the game.

I couldn't care less if Jill or Rebecca or Barry or Kevin or DIJ or Robert Kendo came back to be one of the main characters of DSC. I don't really care who I'm playing with, as long as I play a Resident Evil game. :p

Comment

• ... Wiki pages have nothing to do with worth wtf. Dude, MissV, chill out. You love Jill, Jill is popular, but nothing you are stating there is fact of anything and demeaning other characters like you are isn't making your point. At all. A character's overall popularity means nothing. Like many people have said, it's opinion. Yes, you are entitled to it but once you learn better internet etiquette you are going to realize how freaking stupid these replies sound. And just ... facepalm big-time at yourself.

I know everybody here loves RE and that is why they are here. But dude, step back for a second and think. Video game characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
          I couldn't care less if Jill or Rebecca or Barry or Kevin or DIJ or Robert Kendo came back to be one of the main characters of DSC. I don't really care who I'm playing with, as long as I play a Resident Evil game. :p
          ^This basically sums up my feelings on it.

Comment

• i cant believe that people still thinks that the Re:Tuc & the Re TDC is a new storyline (NOT), oh well if your STILL saying then barry wasnt in the game then?
            2nd why would anyone have anyone have so much love for a UNREAL Character of RE?
            3rd Claire's butt will hype the game up just like the birdlady did in RE5
            lest in a month there will hentai pics of that part.
            4th. why is it a big deal if chris is in the game he was in Code Veronica.

this is why capcom doesn't want noting FAN people cause they know ya cry and get all mad for what they done with the characters of RE.

just play the game and help capcom get more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
              Anyways it's unrealistic, because I mean, does Chris and Claire not have a phone or something? The whole thing was rather pointless really. I mean Claire goes to Umbrella Paris looking for Chris, she's been searching for months. She gets captured, sends Leon an email to send for help. Then somehow, a day or so later Chris finds out Claire is in trouble, and the most dramatic of times. How did Leon find Chris so fast? It's just really stupid. Chris not only has an unrealistic storyline himself, he manages to fuck up other characters story's too. Then Chris, previously uncaring for Claire, suddenly turns up to rescue her. I mean why didn't he suddenly know she was in trouble in RC? Or why didn't he contact her in the months earlier?
              You hasn't been really paying attention to RE2 and RECV storyline, has you?

From Chris' Diary (RE2):
              "I won't tell my sister about this trip because doing so could put her in danger.
              Please forgive me Claire."

Chris hadn't informed Claire about the whole mansion incident and its consequences, because he didn't want to worry her. What could he tell her? "Hey, I've just survived a zombie holocaust where all my friends were killed off and right now I'm just snooping around to take down a huge corporation that's secretly researching deadly monsters and viruses that turns people into zombies. But don't worry. Love you, Chris."
              He didn't want to put her in danger (he failed, obviously) so he didn't tell her anything.

After the Raccoon City incident Umbrella was after him (Jill's RE3 epilogue) so he went into low profile. That's why he and Claire couldn't contact each other.

And how could Leon track Chris so fast? Because Claire found out that Chris was under Umbrella's surveillance and therefore she learned about Chris' current whereabouts. She send this info to Leon and voilà, there's your "really stupid" plot hole, explained in one of RECV cut-scenes...

And also about your "realistic" Jill, last entry in Jill's diary from RE3:
              "I decided to remain in Raccoon City for a while because I know that the research facility in this city will be very important to this entire case. In a month or so, I'll be joining with them somewhere in Europe. That's when my real battle begins..."

She wasn't "getting over it", wasn't in "aftershock", she was as much into the case as Chris was, she also was on "some stupid BS revenge on Umbrella"; she just stayed in the city to snoop around Umbrella's lab located in the city.

So before saying anything, please do your research first.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Wouldn't it be better (...) to instead have Claire or Sherry take a larger role in a fourth mission?
              I really hope that this time Capcom finally give Sherry some closure. Anything, even that she was munched by a bunch of zombies five minutes after Claire left her and Leon - just give the girl any closure and don't end her story again with the "there's something about this little girl... *dum dum dum*" and not mentioning her again. :/.
              Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 08-21-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

If you had taken more notice I said Jill was keeping tabs on Umbrella's activities while she stayed there. Of coarse she was watching them. But she didn't sit there for 2 months 24/7 watching them. Obviously she would also be coming out of the shock and trying to get her life back to normal at the same time. She did her Anti Umbrella stuff, but she did it like a normal sane person.
                I don't seem to recall that being included in my copy of RE3. Did you get the special edition? With extra Jill's life/feelings/daily activities mini-game? You know, the part that supposedly fleshed-out her character as you're describing?

Again, your argument here does nothing other than provide damning evidence that Jill's character "depth" (which you speak passionately about) stems primarily from YOUR imagination.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                Well she earned it. And she deserves it. Just look at this.

Seems Like Jill is a pretty well received character. By both males and females. Which means it must be more than her looks, must be her character and personality then. If you don't like her, fine, but don't spurt BS all over her character saying she is no better developed than Chris. Who doesn't even have a wiki page of his own. And shares it with all the other characters. Chris was never mentioned on any lists and was never mentioned to be well received.

Also Id like to add this part from Leon's character profile.

Seems they think Leon is a much better developed and received character than Chris too.
                So now all of a sudden you trust Wikipedia? Many months ago, I had an argument with you that Chris's mission in RE1 was of a higher difficulty than Jill's. I claimed it as such, as did others in the thread. You kept replying that Jill's mission was more difficult because Chris could pull off head-shots "like 90% of the time" (which is not only untrue, but highly hilarious [unintentionally, of course]). Anyway, at that time, I quoted the Wikipedia entry that says that Chris's mission was more difficult, and you rebuked it as drivel that could be edited by anyone. But now it is suddenly a viable resource? Huh.

As for the Jill fandom...most of Jill's popularity stemmed from the late 90's, when she was in everything (would that be considered "overexposure?") - RE1, RE3 (a short time later), MvC2, Under the Skin, hell, she was the face of RE. Honestly, she was the embodiment of RE up until RE4. She even was in RE:Apocalypse. You can't be happy with that? Chris shared RECV with Claire & Wesker, then he shared RE5 with Jill & Wesker, and yet you still say he is overexposed now, because he's being shown in the RECV segment of REDSC. Your hypocrisy is sometimes unbelievable.

Was Jill being in a majority of REUC missions overexposure? What about her appearing in RE5 a year later? Is that overexposure? No, of course it isn't. Chris's appearances were spread out over a decade, and he still shared the limelight with others. Hell, in RE5 he was even overshadowed by Wesker and the Sherry/birdalady/Allyson/Jill speculation.

Chris isn't as popular as Leon or Jill. And his fans aren't as "insane" as the fanbases of those two. But he's neither awful nor unrealistic. Nice argument that Chris sucks because he doesn't have his own Wikipedia page. I guess that is the barometer for a character's coolness? Hilarious.

As for the IGN article about Leon...um, that's not exactly representative of the entire IGN world. It's a lone article from one IGN editor. So don't go waving around the item like it's an undisputable fact.

Anyway, I've tried to be as civil as possible in all this, but I have to add this. Even though this thread is actually making me nauseous. Not to mention that this "argument" between you and most everyone else (except for the powerful, thoughtful posts of Veris *sarcasm!*) is really, really detrimental to this thread in general.

I am honestly not trying to be rude when I call your posts illogical, or address you as irrational...but you certainly are supporting my claims in your last few posts.

Please, just be reasonable. We know you hate Chris, but there's no way he should be excised from RECV canon just because you "feel" like he should. Your rationale here is just mind-boggling.

One last thing. You said:

JB told me to take my hate glasses off, and that I only hate Chris cause I am biased.
                I told you to take off your hate-colored glasses toward Chris. And obviously you are "biased" if you are here proclaiming that Chris should not be in DSC because you don't like him. I never said anything about you being biased before your first time playing RE1. Where did you even get that from? I'm guessing that you were confused by the definition of "bias" when you looked it up in the dictionary after seeing the word in a post in this thread.

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
                ... Wiki pages have nothing to do with worth wtf. Dude, MissV, chill out. You love Jill, Jill is popular, but nothing you are stating there is fact of anything and demeaning other characters like you are isn't making your point. At all. A character's overall popularity means nothing. Like many people have said, it's opinion. Yes, you are entitled to it but once you learn better internet etiquette you are going to realize how freaking stupid these replies sound. And just ... facepalm big-time at yourself.

I know everybody here loves RE and that is why they are here. But dude, step back for a second and think. Video game characters.
                Bingo. Nice post.

Originally posted by adamthegrave View Post
                3rd Claire's butt will hype the game up just like the birdlady did in RE5
                lest in a month there will hentai pics of that part.
                Undoubtedly created by you.
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-21-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Last time I checked, this is a Darkside Chronicles thread, right?

CAN WE STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT JILL VALENTINE, PLEASE? SHE'S NOT IN THIS GAME. GET OVER IT. God-fucking-damn it. Everyone in this thread took missv's troll bait, and succeeded in helping him completely fucking derail it with talk of Jill AGAIN. I'm so fucking sick of this shit. Can't you people see how ridiculous his posts are? No one can be this narrow-minded and idiotic. He's trying too hard now. He must be a troll.
                  Last edited by Vector; 08-21-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Six pages over a character not even featured and probably not even mentioned in the game is too much, yes.

Can we go back to discussing Claires ass now?

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
                      Can we go back to discussing Claires ass now?

Comment

• It is quite nice. And I do believe Steve aproves too.

Comment

I'm not going to bother responding to all your post, you'll just ignore it and whine again.
                          Oh? That's exactly what you do half the time. Other users beside myself have pointed it out. How utterly mature of you. Losing an argument and doing exactly what I said you do: cop out on "Well its MY opinion and I don't like yours".

If you had taken more notice I said Jill was keeping tabs on Umbrella's activities while she stayed there. Of coarse she was watching them. But she didn't sit there for 2 months 24/7 watching them. Obviously she would also be coming out of the shock and trying to get her life back to normal at the same time. She did her Anti Umbrella stuff, but she did it like a normal sane person.

The RE5 files say somewhere that Jill received training akin to that of Delta Force. Not sure which is canon. But probably RE5.
                          No...You said Jill was keeping tabs while trying to get one with her life. That would suggest she was trying to get over it and put it behind her. She would NOT keep jumping in head first. She wouldn't have been kept spying on Umbrella to help Chris. Again...you're making Jill out to be some sort of warrior but at the same time trying to pass her off as some gentle, "All I want is a happy peace" woman. Jill and Chris knew that their lives were never going to be normal after what happened. If Jill was wanting a normal life, she never would have kept following Chris. She would have been waiting at home for him, not putting herself in danger. Get over your delusions.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post

Fine, fine! I no longer wish to argue this. But I'm not changing my opinion on the matter. I'm just dropping it.
                          That's because your argument has no solid facts on why Chris should be left out and Jill included. Once again: Fact > Opinion. Without solid grounds your argument gets stifled under the facts that others have used against you. Bravo for proving my point.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          Wouldn't it be better, rather than having Jill or Rebecca in the game, to instead have Claire or Sherry take a larger role in a fourth mission? Chris has to be in the game otherwise the CODE: Veronica section makes no sense and would be worse than RE3. But raming in Jill or Rebecca when other characters could take a moment to shine seems silly. It's not as though Jill wasn't in three out of four of the UC sections or something. Of course, that's assuming there is a fourth section and that the other sections aren't longer with a better plot than UC was...

...wait, I've already said all this. And was completely ignored. Along with saying other things and being completely ignored. I'd be a sad panda but I have this happen fairly often.
                          Actually if you read my last post, I did agree with you. And many people have been agreeing with you about using Jill and Rebecca pointlessly especially now that Capcom has a chance to return Claire or possibly Sherry. We already know they are introducing a new character, possibly to go along with the South American mission. Who knows what they might show us next. I'm hoping it wont be too much actually. The newer missions/gameplay I'd rather have as a surprise. One of the advertising faults of RE5 for me was that it showed way too much. DSC contains two games people are already familiar with, so I hope they don't get bored showing what we've seen and spoil it.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          Last time I checked, this is a Darkside Chronicles thread, right?

CAN WE STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT JILL VALENTINE, PLEASE? SHE'S NOT IN THIS GAME. GET OVER IT. God-fucking-damn it. Everyone in this thread took missv's troll bait, and succeeded in helping him completely fucking derail it with talk of Jill AGAIN. I'm so fucking sick of this shit. Can't you people see how ridiculous his posts are? No one can be this narrow-minded and idiotic. He's trying too hard now. He must be a troll.
                          Indeed. Many of us did take the bait. However, it just goes to show exactly what is true: He'll turn any discussion into a debate about Jill.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          Meh....dat ass...*shrugs*
                          Last edited by Bertha; 08-21-2009, 11:52 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            Best post in the thread.

End of.

Comment

• That image of Claire is pure win. Nice.

Beautiful trailer, though. Alexia looks different, but amazing still. I wonder if they're going to show Wesker's encounter with Alexia on here--with the running on the walls and dodging flames like in X. I also can't wait to see how Leon's South America mission has an influence on the BOW monsters in general.

Since it's most likely going to be the only part that includes comrade, I'm even more excited to see it. I honestly thought Krauser only trained with Leon in America under the President's agency or whatever. I never even considered him assisting Leon in a battle against monsters, which this South America mission seems to sorta hint at in a subtle way. It would be nice if they showed the helicopter stuff, too. He did mention "is that what they told you", so it seems to imply Leon wasn't in the vicinity of when it happened, or he might've meant they just confirmed that he was gone. Depends, I guess. Hopefully it'll clear a lot of my questions up.

Anyway, I'm very excited for this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesker_101 View Post
                                I wonder if they're going to show Wesker's encounter with Alexia on here--with the running on the walls and dodging flames like in X.
                                That could very well be another playable Wesker scenario, if they do what they did with Umbrella Chronicles. I never played it myself, but I watched playthroughs on YouTube, and the Wesker scenarios seemed pretty fun and within reason. Meaning, I don't think they were reaching by making him playable.

Comment

Working...
                                X