The Darkside Chronicles "Talking Evil" Blog - Character Modeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkside Chronicles "Talking Evil" Blog - Character Modeling

This week's entry talks about the 3d modelling aspect of the characters in the game, as well as the method they used to create the facial expressions of the characters.

Character Model

From the article:

It is especially important that a game which has the word “Chronicles” in its title respect the content of original work.
    Yeah right... RE3 scenario from Umbrella Chronicles? I'm not an UC hater, but I didn't like that butchering.

Anyway, I hope that the models in-game look as good as the ones on the cutscenes from the trailer.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

We re-use as much as we can from older titles, because, you know, it just saves us having to do actual work. Who really cares if Steve looks like Leon, and if zombies are animated exactly like ganados?
      sigpic

Comment

Wii supports Normal Mapping. Its not 100% but its still the best method to fake a low res model look as good as high res model.

Comment

All those blog entries are interesting and all, but it's really hard to take them seriously taking into consideration, that Seto was also responsible for Umbrella Chronicles. It's hilarious that right now he says that "It is especially important that a game which has the word “Chronicles” in its title respect the content of original work." when RE3 scenario from UC was nothing but 3 maps from Outbreak loosely connected together and with added Nemesis in the third one. :|.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
            We re-use as much as we can from older titles, because, you know, it just saves us having to do actual work. Who really cares if Steve looks like Leon, and if zombies are animated exactly like ganados?
            Ha-ha, you had really fooled me! I went back re-reading the blog entry to see if that was there. XD..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
              Ha-ha, you had really fooled me! I went back re-reading the blog entry to see if that was there. XD..
              Yeah for a min I was fooled as well

Comment

I remember Archelon complained that the blogs were too speculative (probably the wrong word) and not technical or "making-of" oriented enough. Someone quipped in response "hey, this is talking evil, not developing evil!"

WELL THEY'RE BOTH WRONG!

Comment

This just in, Capcom announce cancellation of Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles after reading replies from ungrateful gits on RE messageboard citing the reason "sod that theres no pleasing some people."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                    It's hilarious that right now he says that "It is especially important that a game which has the word “Chronicles” in its title respect the content of original work." when RE3 scenario from UC was nothing but 3 maps from Outbreak loosely connected together and with added Nemesis in the third one. :|.
                    I always hear people talk about how awful the RE3 scenario was in Umbrella Chronicles.
                    I.. I've never played RE3 *dodges rocks*, what exactly was missing/changed?
                    sigpic

Comment

...everything? Honestly, it was the least like the game by a long margin. Most of the RE3 locations were missing, as were many of the secondary characters. Jill was also a lot more of a helpless heroine, relying on the mighty Carlos in UC for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        ...everything? Honestly, it was the least like the game by a long margin. Most of the RE3 locations were missing, as were many of the secondary characters. Jill was also a lot more of a helpless heroine, relying on the mighty Carlos in UC for some reason.
                        Ah, I see. Thank you. I really have to play RE3 someday. I hope it comes to the PlayStation Network soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                          I remember Archelon complained that the blogs were too speculative (probably the wrong word) and not technical or "making-of" oriented enough. Someone quipped in response "hey, this is talking evil, not developing evil!"

WELL THEY'RE BOTH WRONG!
                          Haha that was me ! But what I meant by that was that the blog did not have to talk only about how the game was being developed, but should rather cover more subjects...

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                            Ah, I see. Thank you. I really have to play RE3 someday. I hope it comes to the PlayStation Network soon.
                            Well, it's on the Japanese PSN store, so I suppose you could just make a JP account and buy it xD

Comment

Yah, its much easier to answer on what they retained for the RE3 scenario: They only retained the main characters (Carlos, Jill and Nemesis).

- They reused Outbreak's backgrounds for RE3 scenario instead of remaking RE3 areas
                              - All side characters were missing
                              - The plot in RE3 were totally removed (UBCS, Nicholai's conspiracy etc)

Comment

Working...
                              X