No announcement yet.

Thank you for playing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that . Sorry about not being able to deliver what I promised, but I forgot, I've got so many games lying around unfinished.

Comment

Sorry to get off-topic here, but since i've recieve hate mail over the statement below (no names mentioned), I figured i'd address it publically.

Originally posted by Mark Grass
      For christ's sake people, give John a break. Oh, and great stuff by the way. If I can ever find the time to get on AIM soon, we need to have a good chat.
      This was in no way directed torwards anyone in particular at all. The main point of that statement was to specify that in due time, more will be learned/taught about this beta as it develops. However, the more questions you ask us about it and when it's going to be released, the slower our progress will be, that's just the way it works. While you are all free to an open, free comment or question of your own will, asking questions about it through AIM, MSN, etc will only hinder our progress in reporting the news/material(s) to you, the loyal visitor. Alot of effort went into obtaining something of this sort, and with alot of understanding and patience we will all be rich in the end, just please let us do our jobs before you slam us for a release date and slanderize us with your childesh threats.
      Last edited by MeganGrass; 07-28-2006, 12:47 AM.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Up to this point, I'm surprised that no one noticed Leon's arm in the 10 minute gameplay footage. So in essence, it was a latter part of the game, after getting infected. I guess the intended demo was made in such a way to add mystery. Seems that the jacket was cut by the hook:

Comment

Holy christ, I never even noticed this before. Check out Leon's arm in the 5 min footage video! Its tied off just like the THAK YOU FOR PLAYING screen!

Edit: lol I just read your post XD Well heres a shot, I never even really looked close at the video!
          Attached Files

Comment

You didn't see that before? I was sure at least two or three early RE4 videos emphasized that fact.

Comment

I seen the Tentacle/mist one where he grabs his arm but I never noticed his arm was lashed like that in the 5 minute footage. AFAIK thats the only trailer (maybe the other one for hookman too) that has that.

Comment

I just checked the hookman version trailer, and the tear/fastned belts weren't there.

The progenitor version trailer doesn't have it either, but that was a different game. I guess the theme was infection/"hard survival" in both versions, but were laid out differently. Although it's entirely possible that the first (progenitor) version also had the mutation twist. That might explain why Leon (a trained cop) was holding the gun with one arm in most of the trailer.

Comment

Again, we assume it was a different game. Anyone mind linking to the source where they say everything has been scrapped? And I mean, the original source, the press release, not some link to Wiki or a site that "sez so." Notice the dark color seeping into Leons hand though ;)

Comment

I assumed that both trailers were of the same game (but in different parts, which made sense to me), until a Kobayashi interview with Famitsu that followed the final version's release in '05. He also spoke of a third version on the GC that followed the hookman one, which was going to be a traditional zombie game that never actually materialized. And he mentioned that one of the versions revolved around a secret about Leon's arm but didn't specify which one.

No, I don't have the issue... but I'm sure someone does.. anyone? a translation maybe?
                    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-07-2006, 06:15 AM.

Comment

This article pretty much confirms what I thought. Both versions were really close in development and probably shared many characteristcs. The girl on the pictures is probably the one hes referring to that appeared in the "FOG" trailer version. Leon's arm picture is most likely from that as well and then got carried over (albeit not as OMFG ARM IS TENTACLES) to the hookman one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, given the short amount of time, it was a given that both versions were probably months apart. It just never occured to me that the theme of infection/mutation was carried onto the hookman version.

Much of the coders (even the lead programmer Sakata) finished work on DMC1 in late 2001. So the first two GC versions were worked on from that point to around March 2003.

You gotta wonder if Leon's arm served a similar purpose as Krauser in one of the versions.. heh.
                        Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-07-2006, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Well for sure the version after DMC (fog aka progenitor) had him using his arm power. The picture shows that XD and he mentions that his arm has a hidden power.

This isnt mentioned in the Hookman version at all so for all we know his arm could have broken his arm or something when he arrived by the boat.

Most likely however is the explanation that they were using the Progenitor Leon model with his arm bandaged up. This is strengthened by the fact that the second hookman trailer shows Leon without his arm bandaged or sleeve cut.

As I see it:

Progenitor:
                          Leon infected, arm has a power which becomes unlocked through the game
                          Contains the female in the pictures, was never shown to the public
                          Zombie like enemies and "other" enemies
                          Picked up right where Code Veronica left off
                          Leon infiltrates Umbrella's HQ in Europe (Cradle of the Progenitor virus)

Hookman:
                          No infection
                          Flashbacks, Camera shaking, Odd color
                          Hallucinations of enemies
                          All that was completed was what is on the map shown on the first post
                          Very limited items in this ver, didnt get far into development

Unseen ver:
                          Havent done my homework on this one yet, but apparently envolved zombies

Final:
                          What we have today ;)

Im still unclear as to how SLOW fits into this. Perhaps they got the idea from the OMFG SHITS HAPPENING blue color from the hookman ver?
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-07-2006, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
                            Well for sure the version after DMC (fog aka progenitor) had him using his arm power. The picture shows that XD and he mentions that his arm has a hidden power.
                            Given how blocky and crude the model is in that pic, I didn't know which version it was from The extent of the power however.. I can't imagine it being like Krauser's, literally (taking out a group of enemies entirely with one swipe )

This isnt mentioned in the Hookman version at all so for all we know his arm could have broken his arm or something when he arrived by the boat. Or perhaps they were using an older model, as the last trailer of the hookman ver has his arm intact and fine.
                            You're probably right. Would I ever pay good money to get my hands on a playable demo of that version...

EDIT: Yeah, going by Kobayashi's words, this is the timeline. The only real mystery now is Kamiya's version.. maybe you'll find something on that old demo disc *keeps fingers crossed* I'm not much of a hacker, so all I could extract are the attract demo movies.
                            Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-07-2006, 07:59 PM.

Comment

The Leon arm picture looks very photoshop'ish. So most likely the model wasnt even made, it was just planning out that way with concept. Ditto on the girl, look at how low poly her suit is.

Wonder how the dog fit into the game.....I gotta pick up haunting grounds XD

Im sure glad I found these, it helps peice together the development quite nice
                              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-07-2006, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Try eBay. You can find brand new copies for $12 or so.

You basically command the dog with the right analogue stick (foward = attack etc.). Don't expect much from the game; I enjoyed picking up the aesthetic similarities though,

Comment

Working...
                                X