The Darkside Chronicles "Talking Evil" Blog - Image Is Everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkside Chronicles "Talking Evil" Blog - Image Is Everything

This week's Darkside Chronicles entry talks about the background design of the game.

"Talking Evil" Blog

That concept art is pretty nice. I like the lighthouse addition.

One of the things that people often overlook when playing games is environment design. The design of backgrounds and environments in games and in film plays the extremely important role of immersing the audience in the world that the game or film is attempting to create.
    THIS!

So true. One of my favorite things about games, is the design, and that is why I am such a fan of the camera angles in the classics. They were so immersive and lovely. Environment design is certainly a very important thing for me.

Comment

Oh, I love the concept art. We need more of it.

Comment

Yeah, Shigechiyo is really talented!
        Last edited by Darkmoon; 08-28-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I've really grown fond of Shigechiyo's art style! I love how clean and sharp the image is, it's very fun to study! The idea of removing some of the walls to show the ocean is very nice. I wish I could draw backgrounds like that. XD..

I hope they release an artbook for this game, like they did for Umbrella Chronicles.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm really loving that concept art. The thought that goes into little things like that are so ♥ for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
              I hope they release an artbook for this game, like they did for Umbrella Chronicles.
              I was unaware of this - where can I find this book?

Also, this was my favorite Talking Evil update yet. The environments in the Resident Evil games are one of (if not my most) favorite parts. The addition of the broken wall and searchlight really do add a lot more life to this area, which in the original just had a boring brick wall surrounding the building. The sky is a good point, too - in the original CVX there were parts where the sky was simply black, which I thought was really lazy.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                I was unaware of this - where can I find this book?
                --> http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...s-70-2jpj.html <--
                It's unfortunately only available in Japanese. But, you can still enjoy the art of course. XD..
                sigpic

Comment

Image is important but if the gameplay sucks, then this game will be collecting dust like UC and my Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                    --> http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...s-70-2jpj.html <--
                    It's unfortunately only available in Japanese. But, you can still enjoy the art of course. XD..
                    Thanks!
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                    X