D.C Douglas Blog On His Role As Wesker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.C Douglas Blog On His Role As Wesker

D.C Douglas updated his blog a couple of days ago, talking about his experience on working with Capcom as a voice actor for Albert Wesker in Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil 5.

The blog content mentioned various interesting stuffs, such as how Capcom originally wanted to hire Peter Jessop to reprise his voicing role as Wesker, but was unable to do so as Peter Jessop was unavailable because he had several other gigs lined up at that moment. He also mentioned how his popularity soared after his involvement with the RE series, which includes a role in Mass Effect 2, as well as personal appearance invitations to several conventions.

MyVoiceOverGuy

never mind
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 08-30-2009, 12:11 PM.
    Spoiler:

Comment

Thats a shame that the character D.C Douglas did is dead and probably won't be doing anymore work with the series after DSC. I think he really did a great job in 5 and hope they can use him doing something else with 6.

Comment

Yeah, D.C was pretty solid. I liked Waugh, but D.C just put a whole lot more energy into Wesker; basically makin every bit of his dialogue epic (Complete Global Saturation) every time he talked. Same with Umbrella Chronicles. I think Jessop was pretty good, too. He had that sneaky, evil sound to him.

But yeah, D.C basically upgraded Wesker into a true legend by RE5. Hopefully there'll be some Remakes or other things pertaining to Wesker in the future so we can hear D.C more.

Comment

Wow, that's really interesting about Peter Jessop. I always liked his version of Wesker in REmake. He sounded more... realistic, I guess, as opposed to Waugh. If he had voiced Wesker in RE5, I'm sure it would've been a lot different from Douglas but still very good.

Still like Waugh, but Douglas has definitely won me over as Wesker. I'm glad we'll be hearing him again in Darkside Chronicles. It's amazing how much he grew as an actor from the time of Umbrella Chronicles to RE5.

Comment

Oh God that blog title is the best. The entire entry itself was just adorable. ♥ He seems like such a cool guy.

Comment

Good Blog
              Very insightful.

Comment

It's amazing how much he grew as an actor from the time of Umbrella Chronicles to RE5.
                Well, his acting ability itself wasn't really in question. It was the direction of the voice director.

I'm soooo sorry I dismissed him when Umbrella Chronicles came out, haha. He's pretty awesome.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Great read.

There was a lot of stuff there that he already mentioned on that interview for UnWiredTV. But he gave us the expanded edition on the blog.

I also like the dig at Sarah Palin.

Well done Weskey!
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wonder they had him do the moans for Wesker in-game for continuity or just recycled them from another VA, I've always wondered if they just have a VA record everything rather than recycle.
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                      I wonder they had him do the moans for Wesker in-game for continuity or just recycled them from another VA, I've always wondered if they just have a VA record everything rather than recycle.
                      I think those are called "human walla effects" which are similar to regular walla effects (bg/ambiance noise) but the human variation consist of grunts, moans, yelling, etc.

They probably do record such effects. They did that for the Degeneration movie.
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X