No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Movie Reboot Planned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, for the love of God, STOP! All of these movies suck, a reboot will be even worse, go find something else to milk!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post

I just wish they'd boot Paul Anderson.

hahahaha...good idea.

Military V.S. Supercomputer + Mutated Scientist sounds like a shooting game, where the main character needs to clean out a blood road for survive. Why don't they just give everyone in theater a controller and tell them start shooting as the movie begins.

Maybe they should ask Anderson to write for another game, not another movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
        Also, and I'm not trying to spark a flame-war here, but I really hope that the people who hate Alice hate Leon post-RE2 as well. He does worse things than her.

"Supercomputerzzz! D:" Yeah, and? It's not like Resident Evil ever had nothing to do with computers. I'm sure Umbrella, big and powerful and rich and ubiquitous as they are, could afford a supercomputer.

"Not related to Resident Evil! D:" Look at Apocalypse, and people were still bitching. Anderson didn't want to basically make a movie of a game we've already played (we know how I feel about that ), so he continued his storyline while using game characters, locations, and events.

"Not scary!" RE4/5. Besides, the RE movies were never really meant to be scary to begin with (as far as I know). Like RE4, they're a fun, campy action adventure romp. (Except for the horrible dialogue of 4. That wasn't campy, that was just outright bad.)

"Alice is overpowered!" Leon's done worse than her. I never saw her flipping through lasers like she was the fucking Prince of Persia.

"Alice uses telepathy!" Alexia could spontaneously sprout massive deadly tentacles no matter where she was, I'd say that's worse than killing crows with a flamethrower's flames.

"Alice is a Mary Sue!" Sure, I can agree with that. She's the main character, she should have the most screen time. That doesn't stop LJ from cracking hilarious jokes, or Jill from fucking up some zombies in the graveyard and the school, or Carlos helicopter-diving and having an epic moment in Extinction where he sacrifices himself once he's infected. Claire had no issues gunning people down in the desert, last I checked.\

With all that being said, I still can't wait for Afterlife. It sounds awesome. And then with the reboot, I can only guess as to what he's gonna do with it. Well, obviously reboot it... But I wonder where he'll take it from there.
        Well, I agree with most of your points...and while I personally think Alice is worse than post RE2 Leon (she can kill things with her damned mind, and snapped a zombies neck with her bare, fleshy thighs) I can certainly see your issues. And no, I think it can be said I'm not his number one fan post RE2.

But I think the reason Apocalypse got so many people irritated was, well...Alice. Let's face it, she was rammed in there with violent force. Carlos and Jill? Bit characters. I think they got maybe half an hour of screen time each. Nemesis was pretty messed up too, thanks to now loving Alice. If Alice had been a member of the group, rather than the leader, commander and God of it...but the movie was all Alice.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
          "Supercomputerzzz! D:" Yeah, and? It's not like Resident Evil ever had nothing to do with computers. I'm sure Umbrella, big and powerful and rich and ubiquitous as they are, could afford a supercomputer.
          Supercomputer isn't a problem. A supercomputer that is the main villain in the movie that should be about B.O.W. and evil people is though.
          Also, when in a zombie flick more people die because of lasers (I don't count scientists that were killed by Red Queen) than because of monsters then you know there's something wrong with the movie.

"Not related to Resident Evil! D:" Look at Apocalypse, and people were still bitching.
          People were bitching because he turned Nemesis - the most menacing monster in the entire series (he was still chasing Jill even after he lost his head, literally and after he became an acid spilling blob of meat!) and the one that would kill anything that stands between him and his target (even himself in Mercenaries mode ) into some kind of robot controlled by Umbrella that didn't kill LJ because he was "harmless"; not to mention, Anderson gave Nemesis feelings! Jeez!

Also, what Darkmoon has said. Alice was the star of the movie; Jill, Carlos and others were turned into her sidekicks. Even Nemesis' main target now was Alice and not, you know, "S.T.A.R.S...".

"Alice uses telepathy!" Alexia could spontaneously sprout massive deadly tentacles no matter where she was, I'd say that's worse than killing crows with a flamethrower's flames.
          The main difference here is - Alexia is the villain, Alice is the main good guy.

Comment

I don't want to see anymore RE movies. The fact they are mentioning a reboot makes me sick. The first movie was ok but when they started adding characters from the RE universe, it just made the movies that much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
              The problem is - it did work the first time, the movie was successful worldwide .
              and all real RE fans cry when we read your statement

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                Anyway, yes I know tentative (and it will probably be scrapped), but "Resident Evil Begins?" This has to be a joke. A supercomputer...umm am I 12 years old? What year is it? Ohhh, this feels like that twilighty show about that zone.

Batman is a great film, unfortunately (or fortunately for the latter two as people might posit) I've only seen pieces of the other 3.
                Batman Forever's okay; it's close enough to the Burton films in style to warrant a watch or two. Jim Carrey practically makes that movie, though.

And as far as I'm aware, there aren't any homoerotic shots in that one.
                A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                  and all real RE fans cry when we read your statement
                  Does that make me not a real RE fan? Nevermind the fact that REmake and RE2 are my favorite games, REmake being one of my all-times. I like the movies, therefore I am inferior.

Comment

No, you're different. And we here on the internet take the approach of crushing different before it can spread.

Comment

B-but... What if I have children that are different too? What will you do then?

Comment

Either brainwash them into having a real opinion, one the majority agree on, or crush them too.

Comment

I just wish thy kills off the current RE movies storyline. But I don't think I want to see them making a movie version of the games too.

I was more thinking of side story like Billy or Barry having yet another zombie adventure , or even Josh and Sheva in a BSAA team mission to hunt down a bio-terrorist or something. In this way, the story itself will be new, and we get to learn more about side character through the movie, just like how Degeneration is canon yet doesn't play a part to the overall major storyline.

Comment

Working...
                          X