Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles to See Release in Germany Uncut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles to See Release in Germany Uncut

Michael Auer (Sales & Marketing Director Central Europe of CEG Interactive Entertainment GmbH) have just confirmed to the German gamers that Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles will not be censored at all.

Wii Insider

*EDIT*
    My mistake, it seems Umbrella Chronicles was never released in Germany at all. Thanks to fellow forumers for correcting me.
    Last edited by xfactor; 09-13-2009, 10:59 AM.

Ganz toll. Es freut mich sehr aber man kann immer die UK Version importieren, stimmt? Meiste Deutschen können Englisch sprechen jedenfalls.

There's my little poor tribute to the German users here with my one year language knowledge. LOL. Ich habe euch Lieb!
    Last edited by djepic112; 09-12-2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

What was cut from German version of UC? I don't remember there being much violence, other than head shooting zombies.

Comment

UC was one of the least gory RE games I've played after CV.

I presume one scene that was cut was when Yawn sprayed blood onto Rebecca.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
          Ganz toll. Es freut mich sehr aber man kann immer die UK Version importieren, stimmt? Meiste Deutschen können Englisch sprechen jedenfalls.

There's my little poor tribute to the German users here with my one year language knowledge. LOL. Ich habe euch Lieb!
          Ich hab dich auch lieb

The way I remembered it, the UC game didn't come to Germany at all. Same as House of the Dead Return and Overkill. Which is really surprising that DSC will come to Germany , specially when the laws got even shittier then they were before. Are there any headshots that you can perform in this game?

Comment

Are there any headshots that you can perform in this game?
            There are but good luck trying to aim with the camera.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Didn't know this game was censored in Germany. I wonder what was cut?
              Last edited by Stars1356; 09-12-2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Nice news for german fans.

Stars1356: UC wasn't released in Germany, but the other RE games have been cut to some extent (RE4 doesn't have Mercenaries, you can't download the versus DLC of RE5 in the german XBL/PSN stores, etc).

Comment

Wow. I think I would have to move if the censors were so hard on things there.

Comment

I think german gamers prefer to import M-rated games from Austria, since they aren't censored and have the same language.

Comment

Ah, well at least they have a means to get the game if they should want it.

Comment

Umbrella Chronicles never released in germany and ther is no cutted version of the game.

The ones who play the game here had it from the UK or Austria and they are all uncut !
                        Last edited by Zomby; 09-13-2009, 05:27 AM.

Comment

I find it odd that Germany's censorship attitudes are opposite of what they in America. Over here, violence is accepted and encouraged even (valour?) as traits of "masculinity." Anything sexual on the other hand is extremely controversial. You remember how the US responded to the hot coffee mod, right? Most retailers don't even carry any games that have "sex content" or whatever.

Germany on the otherhand seems to accept everything sexual (German TV O.O) but is so tight on violence censorship. lol.

Comment

In my opinion it is right to protect the yout against violance.

But I don't accept that I as an adult won't be able to buy uncut games here, officialy.

But again that is a neverending discussion

Comment

Working...
                            X