Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know? #1 - People really love Resident Evil Outbreak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know? #1 - People really love Resident Evil Outbreak!

This post is for SupportOutbreak.com, but first I'm just gonna squeeze in two tiny things;

First: Let me apologize for clogging up frontpage stuff now with all the exciting TGS news, interviews and other stuff making headlines.

Second: A tiny little introduction-ish thing; Every now and then, I (Carnivol) will be making tiny little news posts (like this one). I'll try to make them NOT seem like annoying blog posts/rants and make sure they contain proper and relevant news/information/curiosities.

Some might remember our little "not a 1st of April joke" post about the Versus Battle Mode in Code: Veronica (Yeah! That was not a joke!). Well, consider that post a fleshed out version of what you may expect from my "Did you know?" posts. For better or worse, they probably wont be frequent... but you can probably consider them forum topics on the front page!

Anyway;
    Resident Evil Outbreak is without doubt a favorite. Not just because it was the series first step into the domain of online gaming, but also because it was more or less the last of its kind. The last of what some call the classic Resident Evil games (Static camera angles, baby!). Outbreak, up until the release of Umbrella Chronicles and its upcoming sequel, was also the last time we got to pay good ol' Raccoon City a visit. Unfortunately, Outbreak was probably a bit ahead of its time. Launching before online multiplayer became standard in our console-loving homes, on a platform that needed additional hardware to go online and featured no standardized means of communication (ie. voice chat).

However Capcom sure tried to find a way to work around the lack of voice chat (while at the same time avoiding keyboard support). This by having the ad-lib system; which allowed you to pass "in-character" conceptual and contextual commands to your fellow players and/or AI partners through simple button combinations and directional input on the right analog stick (Resident Evil 5 had a VERY simplified variation of this feature!)

Didn't you get to play Outbreak File #1 online?
    If Yes; chances are that you're European!

Yeah! Europe didn't get online in Outbreak File #1!
    (But they had funky little save slots!)

Enough love and affectional "bla bla bla"-talk from me! Here's the deal; I figured we couldn't pass this one up. I mean; even Capcom Unity's done a good job at advertising this!

As you know, a lot of people would like to see another Outbreak title, preferably done in such a way that new characters, scenarios and other content may be easily added! A Capcom Unity user, who goes by the name of "JD", has certainly shown his love for Resident Evil Outbreak and taken it all to the next level of making a really flashy website to show it.

So if you love Outbreak (or have the slightest interest in it), make sure to point your browser to SupportOutbreak.com and bookmark it! (At least visit it. There's a lot of love put into that site!)
    Last edited by Carnivol; 09-23-2009, 05:59 PM.

I think this is great for all those Outbreak fans out there. So happy for them.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought that Outbreak was really hard? You could never stay in one area for more than a minute and ammo was very limited and puzzles constantly changed. I still love the series though and it could be really amazing with some gameplay updates.

I remember investing so much to play the game online (HDD + network piece). I still remember those horrid loading times. Wasn't it like 8 seconds per room if you didn't have the $100 HDD?
      Last edited by djepic112; 09-23-2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

For some reason, Outbreak fans remind me of Ron Paul supporters... they're all extremely dedicated and very vocal about what they're trying to sell to non-believers.

Oh well, good luck.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't really like these games at all. I think they are hard and have no charming.
          But this is good for the fans of it. Good luck.

Comment

I loved the Outbreak games, and I would like to see another title. Great site!
            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Nice for people who were into Outbreak, didn't get into it myself but could see its appeal.
              But can I have the 3mins I spent reading the original post back please?
              Thanks .
              Last edited by The Dude; 09-23-2009, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Hellz yes. >D My first RE games...If this has the same group of characters too, I'm REALLY in.

Comment

Damn right I'll show my support; RE: Outbreak #2 was one of my all-time favourite on-line game.

It was a fucking outrage when Capcom decided not to support it any longer and shut its servers down.

I'd gladly welcome a new Outbreak game.

Comment

It wasn't Capcom decision btw, it was the company that had the servers that went bankrupt.

Anyway, that's a neat little website. They're taking it their petition seriously, that's cool.

Comment

Well personly I like the outbreak series it took the Resident Evil series to a new level but it's a shame that we EP did not have online I think if Capcom should consider makeing an outbreak 3 on the PS3 and 360 as long as they take it more serious.

Comment

hahaha, brilliant!

By all means, request and petition Capcom to bring the games back, i'd be happy for you. But do you not think the list of "demands" is pushing it a little?! Get the game back, and go from there!

Talk about pushing it haha! Oh Outbreak fans, don't ever change!

Comment

I liked the game but never played it online. The was difficult to say the least but being a true RE fan I spent many hours at college playing this game. It was ahead of it's time and hope that capcom can try it again on one of the current gen systems.

Comment

I love these games. I think Outbreak is one of the RE games I played most, even though I couldn't play it online, because Capcom decided Europeans wouldn't get to play a game that is meant to be multiplayer online. I didn't play Outbreak 2 as much as the first one... it's a shame I didn't play it online a bit more when I still had the chance.

Anyway, the games were not perfect (long loading times, controls could have been better, limited communication with other players etc) but I still love to see them return.

Comment

Working...
                            X