Chris Kramer Alternate Edition Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Kramer Alternate Edition Interview

Gametrailers have put up an interview with Chris Kramer recorded at TGS. He talks a bit about the Alternate Edition, mentioning that the product will be released on both the 360 and PS3 contradicting earlier statements about it only being on the PS3 with the additional content being delivered to 360 somehow else. Not much else important in the interview besides the trailer and announcement of the game being a secret to even Capcom USA up until the show.

GameTrailers Chris Kramer Interview
    Last edited by A-J; 10-02-2009, 03:58 AM.

Kramer is asshole......
    Spoiler:

Comment

@Dark_Chris: WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
        Kramer is asshole......
        It's too early to be drinking don't you think?
        Last edited by aris13; 10-02-2009, 04:53 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Is it sad that, when Kramer says something that contradicts something else, I automatically assume it's Kramer whose wrong? Or is it because Kramer almost always is wrong?

Comment

I just don't like this guy.....

I never forget how Kramer kill Barry by one line: Barry was killed by tyrant in RE1.............
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
              I never forget how Kramer kill Barry by one line: Barry was killed by tyrant in RE1.............
              He is the director of Marketing, you think that he should know that kind of stuff....

I was actually surprised that he knew who Barry was in the first place, when Biohaze interviewed him he didn't know who Alexia was.
              sigpic

Comment

People always place too much emphasis on the workers at Capcom, like those on the Unity boards who expect guys like Seth and Sven to be able to iron out the most obscure plotholes imaginable. I can't even begin to understand why people would assume because they WORK at Capcom, that they're aware of every intricate detail of every Capcom game.

That said, there are better people to get interviews out of than Kramer. I'm sure he's a nice guy, and he's excited about the products he works with, but i can't remember the last time i saw an interview with him where he came off well.

Comment

The problem if the guy has the job of telling people about a certain product, such as Resident Evil, he really should know about the product he's talking about. And not just that the newest game allows you to shoot the shit out of things, which seems to be the extent of his knowledge in some interviews. If he doesn't know? He needs to learn. Just reading something like Project Umbrella will increase his knowledge quite dramatically.

As it stands...when he contradicts something, I assume he's wrong. Which, really, should not be right when it's the guy Capcom has decided speaks about these games.

Comment

But you could have Barry skewered by the Tyrant at the heliport fight. This is in the game ! Sure, it's not the official ending, but it can happen, so yeah he may not be quite aware of some not-so-important plot points (really, Barry, come on... he's a nice bearded guy and all but he's just a NPC) but at least he has seen the game. I don't blame him for that mistake, and neither should you.

Comment

Why do people jump on this guy? If you don't like him, don't watch any video interviews with him.

Sure, he works for Capcom and should know enough to not make any mistakes, but no one is perfect. Besides, he probably has to know about a shit ton of games - I'm sure RE is not the only franchise he needs to know about (and besides, it doesn't exactly have the most clear cut mythology).

I believe he is just an ordinary - and maybe not the sharpest - guy , who just so happens to have a really fantastic job. But lavishing hatred upon him is just wrong. Just ignore him if he irks you that much.

And as for his mistake about Barry...what's the fuss? Barry really is nothing more than a partner character who hasn't been relevant since REmake was released in 2001. It's the truth. In a series where the main characters are grossly underdeveloped, why get hung-up on a rarely used partner character that was originally planned to be a skinny, Eddie Murphy comedic sidekick or a giant cyborg partner?
                      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-02-2009, 08:18 AM.

Comment

^ Like Aris said, he didn't know Alexia. And didn't he not know who Sherry was or something, even though both of them are major plot points in a game he's supposed to be advertising? There's a difference between being not perfect and just being flat out ignorant. I'm sure he is a nice person, but come on. At least try to get the plot overview down (not even asking for stuff like "Leon gets shot", more like "Alexia is a bad girl, Sherry is a good girl"), it's not a whole lot to ask.
                        Last edited by Canas Renvall; 10-02-2009, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I don't watch his interviews. I also don't trust a thing he says until it gets confirmed. The guy is being paid to know this stuff. If he can't then they either need someone else to help with the RE stuff or replace Kramer with someone who does know. It doesn't matter how nice he is or how many puppies he has personally saved from fires if he isn't doing what he's paid to.

Comment

Any link to the interview (or whatever) where he didn't know who Alexia was? I want a good laugh, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              Is it sad that, when Kramer says something that contradicts something else, I automatically assume it's Kramer whose wrong? Or is it because Kramer almost always is wrong?

What if Kramer says the truth, thus, contradicting the lie before him? But with our "always believe the first source" kind of manuever the brain uses, Kramer automatically becomes wrong?

Seriously, I don't see anything wrong with Kramer (except when he said no RE is RE without a chainsaw. That was just...terrible).
                              Last edited by ElusionM; 10-02-2009, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X