Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles Gameplay Blowout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles Gameplay Blowout

Gametrailers has posted several gameplay videos from Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. Be warned, there are spoilers contained within the footage. While fans will obviously already know what happens in Resident Evil 2, since the events occur differently in The Darkside Chronicles, many may wish to avoid the first three gameplay videos also, as several key story moments from the RE2 scenario are shown.

Meeting Ada Gameplay

Sewer Gameplay

Claire & Leon Boss Battle Gameplay

South America Gameplay Part I

South America Gameplay Part II

South America Boss Battle Gameplay

Holy crap at the boss fight

Comment

Wow. I can't resist to watch them. The temptation to click that link... *shudders*
      Stupid question, but any spoilers that we don't know of yet?

Comment

I don't like how the mouths don't move.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
          I don't like how the mouths don't move.
          They probably haven't finalized facial animations yet.

Comment

Looks nice.

Spoiler:

The boss fight was cool, but Spoiler:

I wonder how many sub-scenarios RE2 and CVX will be divided up into...
            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I love how the Lickers are so fast and aggressive in this game. This is how they should have been in RE5.

Comment

i want to shoot ada!

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail View Post
                  They probably haven't finalized facial animations yet.
                  They will probably stay that way in the end. Since it may be tricky to get them to do the whole facial animations thing in real-time during actual gameplay, when you got all the other animations going on at once (enemies, environmental animations, etc.)
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ohhh.... I couldn't resist. That was a very nice watch.

"Ada, wait!" Ah... good ol' silly Leon, how we've missed you.

Comment

meh i dont like how they change the history
                      especially, the new "always scared" Claire.

although I think would fit perfectly for a RE2 movie
                      Last edited by LeigiBoy; 10-10-2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        Since it may be tricky to get them to do the whole facial animations thing in real-time during actual gameplay, when you got all the other animations going on at once (enemies, environmental animations, etc.)
                        But it shouldn't be tricky. I haven't played RE4 in a long time but I'm pretty sure that when Ashley and Luis were talking during the game they were moving their mouths. :/

EDIT: I've just watched the "meeting Ada" video. Characters do open their mouths, however the mouth movement is very random and it isn't connected with what they are talking at all :|. Also, those in-game cut-scenes are very stiff.
                        Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 10-10-2009, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          But it shouldn't be tricky. I haven't played RE4 in a long time but I'm pretty sure that when Ashley and Luis were talking during the game they were moving their mouths. :/

EDIT: I've just watched the "meeting Ada" video. Characters do open their mouths, however the mouth movement is very random and it isn't connected with what they are talking at all :|. Also, those in-game cut-scenes are very stiff.

So you noticed...

That's the difference between Production Studio 4 (headed by Mikami himself) and Cavia.

Regarding my previous comment, I only stated that it could be a bit tricky to pull off the mouth animation thing during actual gameplay (not cutscenes).
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks a tacky without mouth animation, especially since this is 2009. Well, it may be different in the final version but the official release is not too far ahead from now. Also, the baskets of fruit are SO ugly. lol. wow. Like psx graphics. Poor wii being pushed to the max. If only this was developed in HD for the PS3 with it's motion controls coming out in a few months.
                            Last edited by djepic112; 10-10-2009, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Most of the "HD" games still doesn't have proper mouth animation too. I believe even the upcoming L4D2 will be similar to the 1st game with just the mouth opening and closing at random during the dialogue.

Comment

Working...
                              X