Gamespot Hands-On with Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamespot Hands-On with Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

Gamespot has posted a new hands-on article for Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles in which they detail their time spent with some new stages from the RE2 and CODE: Veronica scenarios. The article includes descriptions of two boss fights from the respective stages, so be warned of spoilers.

In addition to the hands-on, Gamespot has posted several new gameplay videos, as well.

To read the article, follow this link.

For the gameplay videos, click here.

Alfred's voice at the very end of the Hunters gameplay video..

I..

Dear God almighty..

I.. don't.. know what to say..

ANYWAY.

The worm boss battle looked kinda dull.. 'Wish the videos were longer, but still enjoyable. Thanks for posting THIA! ♥
    sigpic

Comment

Nice to see the dart gun in action, even if it isn't very useful against spiders!
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
        The worm boss battle looked kinda dull.
        Judging by the writeup, there appears to be more to the battle than what was in that video, which is interesting, because the recent gameplay video on Gametrailers of the boss in the South American scenario was the same way. It was the first video where anyone managed to almost kill it before the fight even went outside.

It may have to do with the weapons that the players had available at the time, or the demo was on an easier setting, which is also possible.

Comment

Is that Alfrexia's voice >D?
          If it is, I'm glad that it's Alfred's voice. As much as the story of Resident Evil is far from realistic a magic wig and dress that changed Alfred's face, body type and voice was a little too much. BUT. from the shots we've seen of Alfred cross dressing he seems to put allot of effort in making himself look feminine...him using such a fake sounding woman voice feels like a contradiction to that effort. I'm not a cross dresser so I dunno, but I'm sure there must have been SOMETHING a tad more...natural?

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
            It may have to do with the weapons that the players had available at the time, or the demo was on an easier setting, which is also possible.
            Yeah, that makes sense! It did look like whoever was playing was having a real easy time. Hopefully the rest of the battle not shown gets more interesting.

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
            Is that Alfrexia's voice >D?
            If it is, I'm glad that it's Alfred's voice. As much as the story of Resident Evil is far from realistic a magic wig and dress that changed Alfred's face, body type and voice was a little too much. BUT. from the shots we've seen of Alfred cross dressing he seems to put allot of effort in making himself look feminine...him using such a fake sounding woman voice feels like a contradiction to that effort. I'm not a cross dresser so I dunno, but I'm sure there must have been SOMETHING a tad more...natural?
            I.. I.. Need time to recover before I can listen to that again.. Might be a couple days.. XD
            sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one who finds it really weird thinking of Alfred hanging out down there drawing random shit on the walls? Like the Alex with a heart around it. I was roffling when I saw that. xD

But I don't think that was Alfred's 'Alexia' voice. That was more of him making fun of Claire, hence why he was saying, "Steve, calm down! *laughter?* You need to focus!"

Comment

That what I was thinking; at this point in CODE: Veronica Alfred was still, well, Alfred, so why would he talks as 'Alexia' in DSC then? Also, I may be wrong but haven't we already heard "Alexia's" voice in the first DSC trailer showing CV scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by YamiYumes View Post
                  Am I the only one who finds it really weird thinking of Alfred hanging out down there drawing random shit on the walls? Like the Alex with a heart around it. I was roffling when I saw that. xD
                  Ha-ha, yeah! Why does he draw like a retarded two-year old? XD..

Originally posted by YamiYumes View Post
                  But I don't think that was Alfred's 'Alexia' voice. That was more of him making fun of Claire, hence why he was saying, "Steve, calm down! *laughter?* You need to focus!"
                  That makes sense. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more ridiculous banter between Steve/Claire and Alfred.
                  I'm all for Steve being completely irritated. I want him to sufffferrrrr.. >8D
                  sigpic

Comment

Must....not....click....links.

Must...not...spoil...

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                      Ha-ha, yeah! Why does he draw like a retarded two-year old? XD..
                      That's what I was thinking! It's like, "Where the hell do you find the time to just...saunter down to the dungeon with your crayon, and draw all this junk?" xD

Originally posted by PracticalAI
                      That makes sense. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more ridiculous banter between Steve/Claire and Alfred.
                      I'm all for Steve being completely irritated. I want him to sufffferrrrr.. >8D
                      After what he did to Alfred? I'm in the same boat. Hopefully Alfred will have him, 'shrieking in agony' >:3

Or Alexia could do it for him. I'm not picky.

Comment

The problem I have with the Hunters video is that they weren't released by Wesker until Chris came to the island. Anyway one month until this comes out.

Comment

... oh my God Alfred's voice oh my God.

It sounds more like his Alexia voice, which I ... sort of love. It sounds a lot more unhinged, which is ... sort of what he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                            The problem I have with the Hunters video is that they weren't released by Wesker until Chris came to the island. Anyway one month until this comes out.
                            Yeah, that bothered me, too. Of course they'll probably retcon it and say that the hunters had nothing to do with Wesker, or that he released them when Claire and Steve were exploring the island for no reason at all.

I'm still a bit surprised that we haven't seen any scenarios where Chris is the player character. It leads me to believe that there are probably not very many of them - we probably won't even get to play as Chris on Rockfort.
                            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Ok, Alfred's voice... that was something I don't want to hear every day. And yeah, I didn't liked that Steve and Claire fight hunters. But anyways, it was preaty good.
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                              X