The Biology of Evil Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Biology of Evil Part 1

Hey folks, Project Umbrella community members Hieronymus and The Doctor have put together a series of science essays relating to Resident Evil starting with the Progenitor Virus and T-Virus. You can read it here and join in the discussion here. It's definitely worth checking out if you've ever wanted to put take a scientific angle to the Resident Evil universe.

Comment

Look at that. Should I delete this post then?

Comment

IMO, no, this is posted on the news and it really is newsworthy, so keep it

Comment

Will do. Thanks for the support.

Comment

Nah, no point in deleting it really. Doesn't hurt having it twice in two separate sub forums.

Comment

Thanatos-R died a real strange death with all that explosion and "effects". It's impossible to explain it scientifically... But if you really want to, why not count the idea of mitochondrial chain reaction? I heard about this theory long ago. Apparently it's one of the theories that "explains" spontaneous combustion. I'm not a science man but you might want to dig into spontaneous combustion theories, scientific theories.

Comment

Originally posted by BahamutRetsu View Post
                Thanatos-R died a real strange death with all that explosion and "effects". It's impossible to explain it scientifically... But if you really want to, why not count the idea of mitochondrial chain reaction? I heard about this theory long ago. Apparently it's one of the theories that "explains" spontaneous combustion. I'm not a science man but you might want to dig into spontaneous combustion theories, scientific theories.
                Sounds like Parasite Eve, haha.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  Sounds like Parasite Eve, haha.
                  I KNEW someone will mention it lol. PE... Man, I love this game.

Comment

Originally posted by BahamutRetsu View Post
                    While spontaneous combustion of an organism is a bit far-fetched, this is an interesting train of thought. Mitochondria are the energy centers of our cells; they produce ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which is what gives us energy. A chain reaction, should something go seriously wrong in a mitochondrion, is interesting. It makes me think of what would happen if you smash two pieces of U-235 together (one in each hand). Your entire body (and the bodies of those in a large radius around you, depending on how much U-235 you have) will vaporize, as you are literally destroyed on the atomic level by the energy produced by the collision. Granted, a mitochondrial reaction would not have to produce this much energy (nor would it be able to), but it's intriguing.
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                      While spontaneous combustion of an organism is a bit far-fetched, this is an interesting train of thought. Mitochondria are the energy centers of our cells; they produce ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which is what gives us energy. A chain reaction, should something go seriously wrong in a mitochondrion, is interesting. It makes me think of what would happen if you smash two pieces of U-235 together (one in each hand). Your entire body (and the bodies of those in a large radius around you, depending on how much U-235 you have) will vaporize, as you are literally destroyed on the atomic level by the energy produced by the collision. Granted, a mitochondrial reaction would not have to produce this much energy (nor would it be able to), but it's intriguing.
                      That U-235 thing sounds... dangerous.

How much you have and what's the price?

Comment

Interesting read. I've waited for something like this, for awhile... and although it hardly makes sense, thanks, Hieronymus and The Doctor!
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I'm looking forward to see if you guys can come up with anything for the Uroboros virus because that thing is just...

Comment

Well done guys. I gave it a quick flick through. I thought about doing something like this a few years ago, but ultimately it seemed that I cared more about it then Capcom did, which I found to be really disheartening.

I've got a thesis about real science to hand in in a bit over a week, but after that if you want someone to discuss it with, send me a PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Very interesting read and is great that someone put this information all together in one place. RE is the one series that is so confusing that an essay like this would be needed to understand it.

Comment

Working...
                              X