Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know? #2 - This is what's up! (O', the horror!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know? #2 - This is what's up! (O', the horror!)

Sorry to interrupt the flow of news again. I gave a heads up about how I'd be doing a few random "breaks" in the news flow on the front page. Just to kinda give a bit of a heads up on a few things. Share a bit of random information, etc...

As you might've noticed, things have been a bit quiet on the site content front. Staff's busy. Part of the site staff recently discovered the game Killing Floor and now probably clocks well over 40 hours a week in it! While yours truly is busy hating upon current gen JRPGs. Anyway, it's not all fun and games, as we also have a lot of other commitments to attend to. These are busy days!

Anyway;
    True Story Behind Biohazard
    For those who are waiting for the translation of True Story Behind Biohazard to wrap up: I've said this before and I made a confession; I'm part of the hold up - the translation itself is complete, but it's just the proofreading that's holding it back. Believe it or not, there are a lot of little details that needs to be double checked. Some stuff needs to be double checked to make sure the translation is indeed correct, some stuff needs to be checked for spelling and then some stuff needs to be double checked up against the official translations/terminology. Then there's some stuff that just needs some minor editing to just make things flow better.

Hopefully you wont have to wait too long now for this one to get wrapped up.

RPD Dispatch
    For those of who you are wondering what's happening with the RPD Dispatch and future episodes - It's back on hold again. We actually did gather around for a cozy little pre-Halloween recording session, but the end result was so terrible that we could've probably printed the wave pattern on a roll of paper and made ourselves the most horrible Halloween costume there ever was.

You will evt. hear some of our voices again, though. Maybe even before/without the return of the dispatch.

The Horror Is Alive
    It's probably come up a few times before, but there's a site redesign somewhere down the pipeline... Dot50Cal likes to keep a tight lid on that one. So no idea when/if it'll materialize, but when/if it evt. does; It'll be a nice breath of fresh air to the front page. I believe the staff page may get itself an update too.

A few random things
    -Anyone remember Rainy Woods (Trailer)?
    I had this game on the radar since it was announced that AccessGames were working on a new game. The game somewhat made an appearance at TGS2007, but then vanished mysteriously after media picked up on its undeniable Twin Peaks similarities. I cried a little inside when the official website was taken offline a few days ago, after over two years of no new footage or news. Turns out the game has now found a new name - Deadly Premonition (Trailer). Ignition, one of its publishers, claims the game is now joining the ranks of 360 exclusives, but that just raises the question why the trailer itself has PS3 buttons in the gameplay footage. Also, I know that I'm not the only member of staff who's expressed excitement for this (and if we're to believe everything that's written in that GAF topic - the game will also retail for $19.99!)

-Jason from Electric Playground (those fellas who recently put up the Nvidia 3D focused RE5 PC interview we kindly linked to) recently wrote in to us to let us know that they have put an TV Interview with Rick Remender (He was the writer on Dead Space). Figured I'd link to it here as we kinda don't do a whole lot of non-RE news on the frontpage at the moment (I'm sure I'll find a valid excuse to sneak in stuff in the future without the use of these, and without interrupting the RE news flow)

-There recently was a topic in the Members Only section of the forums - there seems to be a follow up to that story now.

-Also, a big thanks goes out to our newsposters (and those who report news in the news topic on the forums). Without their help, the frontpage probably wouldn't be as active as it currently is.
    Last edited by Carnivol; 11-10-2009, 05:28 PM. Reason: (Shame on me! Forgot the newsposters!)

Lol I remember, in my Twin Peaks obsession period, I got so pissed seeing that trailer. It definitely looks to be its own thing in this one, but even if it wasn't I think I've calmed down. I think we've had this exchange. I'm interested nonetheless.

Comment

That is very likely. But, really, previous games by some of the same staff never did anything to hide its source of inspiration (go take a look at Extermination and SpyFiction for the PS2). Might be games that don't suit the taste of everyone, but... man... even if Deadly Premonition looks kinda bad... I can't help but shout "do want!"
      (Oh. And some of the people who worked on the previously mentioned titles and/or Deadly Premonition have rather surprisingly impressive backgrounds, on paper, with both Resident Evil and Silent Hill under their name when looked up on mobygames.)

You know you'll never get a Twin Peaks game. Rainy Woods would've probably been the closest and Deadly Premonition probably still is (I wonder if the little angels replaces the midgets in the new design, or if they're two sides of the same coin. David seems to've gotten a slightly more beat up look too. It's kinda funny to see how the game hasn't really been visually enhanced much, if any at all, since the 2007 trailer)

Comment

Yeah, it still retains Silent Hill circa 2003 graphics. From what I gather, David's "beat up" look is a manifestation of an alternate personality. Notice the reflection smiles back with a demeanor not seen before on the guy (who has a stern and inquisitive glance usually).

I must say, the arm in mouth (I already made the connection to the previous trailer) disturbed me. It's certainly not something you see every video game.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          David seems to've gotten a slightly more beat up look too.
          It's not David anymore ;) According to the PR note it's Francis York Morgan. I wonder why they've changed his name.

And yes, even though DP is ugly as hell (especially the gameplay part - looks like some kind of budget PS2 title), that first trailer and the new one really make me interested thanks to the atmosphere and all those weird things like midgets/angels, whispering womens, bloody trees etc.

Wikipedia article on this game tells that "The player will be able to cover the town's 8 kilometer diameter by foot or by car, and the game will also feature a day-and-night system with weather changes that will affect the visuals." However, the article is still about Heavy Rain and not Deadly Premonition, so I wonder if it's still true.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Good news on the True Story Behind Biohazard Translation, Was enjoying reading it.

Comment

Wonder if the voice cast is the same. Seems like a lot of little details have changed.
              There's a lot of details and stuff up on the official website and they have a facebook group too, it seems + a twitter.

Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
              Thanks for the update. Good news on the True Story Behind Biohazard Translation, Was enjoying reading it.

The old pages will be re-uploaded again once I'm done too. As there are minor edits to some of them (a lot of minor clean up + a few oddities that have now been fixed + we're adding "footnotes" to a few things too. Mostly to elaborate on a few things, explain a few random things and to also notify the reader of any evt. oddities worth taking note of.)

Comment

True Story Behind Biohazard is amazing, and I had tons of laughs reading it. I cannot WAIT to read the rest of it. XD

Comment

Thats for an update about the site. True Story Behind Biohazard is one of the reasons I joined and it would be a nice Christmas present if it was done by then.

Comment

Deadly Premonition looks great (and I'll echo the comments of the Twin Peaks similarity). I'm a big Twin Peaks and David Lynch fan, so a video game (no matter how bad it looks graphically) is right up my alley. Is there any release date yet?

EDIT: Welp, the official site says March 2010 :p Seems far off for a game that's already been rated by the ESRB.
                    Last edited by Corrin; 11-12-2009, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X