Resident Evil 2 : Now on the US Playstation Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 : Now on the US Playstation Network

Starting today, the PSone Classic Resident Evil 2 is available on the US Playstation Network for the price of $5.99. The game has been available on the Japanese PSN since December 2007, although there is no word on a release in other regions.

Cool!!!
    Word is the US store will also get RE3 and Dino Crisis before the end of the year too.

I'm not sure these will ever come to the Australian/Euro stores. They tease us that they will 'one day' but they havn't even been rated yet, so it won't be anytime soon.
    But I've bought the Bio versions from the Japan store using those PSN cards so figured I'll do the same from the US.

Tip for others: don't use those various online services selling the cards. They all do a 50% - 100% mark up (eg: a $20 PSN card will cost you at least $30). I did a quick ebay search and found a reliable seller charging $17 for $20 cards!

Comment

Yeah, get this if you don't have it already.

Comment

a $30 charge for a $20 psn card is still cheaper for you Europeans. I hate how our dollar is so weak. I love buying things from Europe but it is so expensive.

Comment

Dual Shock version, pls.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Does this support the PSP? :O , Or is it PS3 only?

Comment

Both, all PSone classics are supported on both systems.

Comment

It's been confirmed (by dudes at Biohaze and NeoGAF), that it is indeed the Dual Shock version!
                Yeah, get this if you don't have it already.
                Definitely!!!

Or if you're a lunatic like me who already has 6 different versions of the game, you can BUY IT AGAIN!
                Awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                  It's been confirmed (by dudes at Biohaze and NeoGAF), that it is indeed the Dual Shock version!
                  That includes the battle mode?
                  sigpic

Comment

I may have to add this to my Collection! Even though I already have 2 versions of RE2 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                      That includes the battle mode?
                      I hope it does. I've never played the battle mode before unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
                        Both, all PSone classics are supported on both systems.
                        Awesome!
                        I got it downloading to my PSP right now, I'm pretty excited to play this game again after so many years!

Comment

EXTREME Battle Mode! and Arrange Mode (easy)
                          It's got everything the Dual Shock disc version had.

I downloaded it with RE-DC last night. RE2 is over double the file size and half the price of RE-DC (work that one out ).

Extreme Battle is great fun. It's a big mini game, so it adds a lot of game time and there's a lot of variety with the 4 characters, random weapon drops and enemy placements.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                            EXTREME Battle Mode! and Arrange Mode (easy)
                            It's got everything the Dual Shock disc version had.

I downloaded it with RE-DC last night. RE2 is over double the file size and half the price of RE-DC (work that one out ).

Extreme Battle is great fun. It's a big mini game, so it adds a lot of game time and there's a lot of variety with the 4 characters, random weapon drops and enemy placements.

Awesome!
                            I use to have the original verison of Re2 PS1 for many years, lost it over time though. I never got to play all this extra content, now I'm even more excited for the download to complete!

Comment

Just played it for awhile, that was pretty awesome I play most of my PSP games on the TV when I'm home, using my AV cable. The coolest part is it takes up the entire screen, not just half! It's epic

Now time to play the game till my eyes bleed xD!

Comment

Working...
                              X