Lost in Nightmares : New Screens Showing New Enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    You cannot honestly compare RE2 and RE3 to 4 and 5 when it comes to weapons and ammo. RE2 had a little more than I'd like and RE3 was ridiculous if you played on Easy(M4A1 from the start), but 4 an 5 had a fucking weapons upgrading system. They've been getting progressively worse, going from survival horror to action shooter and throwing tension out the window.
    There have been weapon upgrades since RE2; remember how how absurdly powerful Leon's shotgun became in RE2 after you found the parts for it? Plus there were handgun parts to give it a burst fire, and there were upgrade parts for the magnum; seriously, does that need need to be even more powerful?

Anyway, I'm not saying RE2 and 3 are just like 4 and 5, but both games (as well as 1, CV and Zero) gave you absolute surplus of ammunition to ensure you'd be killing far more often than you'd be running away. And while the beginning of RE3 on Hard Mode is an uphill battle in terms of ammo and supplies, you quickly gain enough ammo and weapons to the point where it's unnecessary to bother rationing your arsenal at all for the rest of the game. Hell, you could get the magnum with infinite ammo your first time through RE3 on Hard Mode. The Resident Evil series is almost never stingy with giving the player boat loads of ammo and lots of guns to get the job done.
    Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 11-22-2009, 02:36 PM.

Comment

You can't compare the found parts of a weapon in RE2 with the payed upgrade from RE4 (or RE5).
      Even with the same principle (to obtain an upgrade), the similarity ends here. In one game you find parts of a weapon in a place where they could be, in another you pay a magical seller who carries a hellish arsenal in his jacket to upgrade that for you. Worse, you pay him with the gold dropped from villagers who couldn't have it, or from crows.
      Last edited by Davi Redfield; 11-22-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
        You can't compare the found parts of a weapon in RE2 with the payed upgrade from RE4 (or RE5).
        Even with the same principle (to obtain an upgrade), the similarity ends here. In one game you find parts of a weapon in a place where they could be, in another you pay a magical seller who carries a hellish arsenal in his jacket to upgrade that for you. Worse, you pay him with the gold dropped from villagers who couldn't have it, or from crows.
        It's not that much more ridiculous than dropping your items in a bunch of storage chests scattered about that are all somehow conveniently linked to each other, or puzzles/crate locations that all magically reset whenever you leave and reenter a room.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
          Yeah, in RE3 you had to fight Nemesis and use your ammo to get upgrades and such. In RE2, you had to find the drawers they could be in, wasting more ammo along the way in order to find them.

In RE4/5, you just have to enter a room and mow people down to take their money to pay, like Davi said, a magical merchant who has like 30 twins (since people say they aren't all the same merchant, he has a lot of brothers... who look identical) to modify your weapons like that.

Why should I pay 10000 pesetas or gold pieces (yeah, that's realistic) to increase my firing speed? Why don't I just, y'know... pull the trigger faster?

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
          It's not that much more ridiculous than dropping your items in a bunch of storage chests scattered about that are all somehow conveniently linked to each other, or puzzles/crate locations that all magically reset whenever you leave and reenter a room.
          This is why I love Real Survival in REmake, it unlinks the item boxes... Or like RE0, where there aren't item boxes at all.
          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 11-22-2009, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
            I personally think that it is indeed much more ridiculous.

The chest was merely a gameplay item, which function was to serve as an item storage place. Problaby, they made the chest like it was because of limitations that the hardware/software implied at the time that the games were realeased. Being more direct, I think that they couldn't have done something more realistic.

By the way, the RE4 suitcase ir far more realistic, except for the fact that Leon keeps it... In an unknown place. And can't blame hardware/software limitations in this one.
            Last edited by Davi Redfield; 11-22-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Not to mention how much he can fit in one case. I had five handguns, three shotguns, and two magnums, plus some ammo and grenades. Yeah, wow.

Comment

Comparing between this enemy & the one in the trailer
                They are very Different!!
                It's not the only enemy

Comment

Originally posted by Zero38 View Post
                  Comparing between this enemy & the one in the trailer
                  They are very Different!!
                  It's not the only enemy
                  Errr, how could we compare "them" when in the teaser we only see a shadowy figure in a fraction of a second?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                    Errr, how could we compare "them" when in the teaser we only see a shadowy figure in a fraction of a second?
                    because this, my fav member from tombraiderforums, is the internet
                    Last edited by ValentineLover; 11-23-2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                      Why I'm always wrong
                      We can,It's easy
                      Internet XD
                      & that shadowy figure is not holding an anchor
                      well there are two monsters
                      the first one attacked fast
                      the second one was smaller & not holding that anchor
                      & What was showed in the trailer is not in the underground prison

Comment

Originally posted by Zero38 View Post
                        Why I'm always wrong
                        We can,It's easy
                        Internet XD
                        & that shadowy figure is not holding an anchor
                        well there are two monsters
                        the first one attacked fast
                        the second one was smaller & not holding that anchor
                        & What was showed in the trailer is not in the underground prison
                        Not saying you are wrong, but Teaser trailers have a habit of showing scenes that are not necessarily in the final game. Then again, you might be right too. We will find out eventually

Comment

They should just make it fast and chasing like Nemesis, and invincible like Lisa, until a "final fight" where it JUST HAS to die.

That'll definitely bring in REmake+Re3 tension back.
                          Last edited by ElusionM; 11-24-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I expect Chris and Jill to have a main weapon besides their handgun because well they should be prepared this time. How many biohazards have the survived, including ones mentioned in the library? A Lisa Trevor/Nemesis type enemy would be awesome, was hoping for some Hunters and Crimson heads but guess will have to wait and see.

Comment

Creature - http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio5/ae/lost_creature.html

醜悪な肉体のクリーチャー。
                              重い鎌のような武器を手に
                              侵入者をジリジリと追い詰める。

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                                I expect Chris and Jill to have a main weapon besides their handgun because well they should be prepared this time. How many biohazards have the survived, including ones mentioned in the library?
                                They were there only to question Spencer - an old fragile man living in a huge house; I don't think they're expecting another biohazard or BOWs.

Not to mention, several years later Chris is approaching a BOW smuggler and is still only equiped with a handgun ;).
                                Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-26-2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X