Barry and Rebecca Gameplay Footage From Merc. Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry and Rebecca Gameplay Footage From Merc. Reunion

Hot off the Famitsu confirmation, here are some game play clips showing off Barry and Rebecca in action. Thanks to everyone who sent it in.

Barry Gameplay
    Rebecca Gameplay

"HERE'S BARRY!"

...really? He redeems himself with the "I have THIS!" comment when he shoots the Majini on the ground, though.
    Last edited by Vector; 02-11-2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Barry.

For.

The.

Win.

Seriously - they look ace. Love the little nods to the original. "I have this!" and the pepper spray are wicked references.

Best characters they could of picked for the reunion, but it marks a harsh reality that these have been seriously neglected characters.
      Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 02-11-2010, 04:58 PM.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
        Barry.

For.

The.

Win.

Seriously - they look ace. Love the little nods to the original. "I have this!" and the pepper spray are wicked references.

Best characters they could of picked for the reunion, but it marks a harsh reality that these have been seriously neglected characters.
        Indeed. "Here's Barry!"...it's so full of win yet a bit pathetic. Nice nod though, and I'm still undecided if I like his VA or not.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Rebecca seems pretty bad. I really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Seems like they were going to rape Rebecca. Gang-rape, I mean.

(At 0:21 they give Barry a hug, how cute)
            Last edited by Shugotenshi; 02-11-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
              Rebecca seems pretty bad. I really hope I'm wrong.
              A few things about her mercs inclusion I like:
              -The bug spray melee attack (I think I'm going by what the novel called it)
              -One of her weapons is the "Jail Breaker" (nice Billy reference)
              -RE1 style voice
              -Ground melee recalls the head kick that the female characters in RE1 and 2 would perform as a counter to being chomped on the leg.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                -Ground melee recalls the head kick that the female characters in RE1 and 2 would perform as a counter to being chomped on the leg.
                Interesting. I didn't think of it like that right away. To me at first, it just seemed like a little girl kicking at a soccer ball.

Comment

Rebecca's melee attacks seem weak and her voice is horrid, but I'll still be playing with her the most. And WTF with the flames? Was it first aid spray + lighter? Or maybe it randomly happens a percentage of the time.

Also her spray has got to be a call back to when she sprayed Chris in RE1, does anyone remember if it was first aid spray or bug spray. I'd imagine bug spray would be flammable, but first aid spray probably wouldn't. (I'm imagining first aid spray is an aerosol based disinfectant with a clotting agent. They sell them at normal stores, but I have no idea if they're flammable, but it seems unlikely for safety reasons.)
                  Last edited by Beef_jerky_yo; 02-11-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I thought it was a first aid spray. My assumption is, if you spray it in someones eyes, its going to hurt. She is after all a herbalist.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                      -One of her weapons is the "Jail Breaker" (nice Billy reference)
                      Amazing observations, the shotgun is such a subtle nod!

Some of the things the developers throw in seem like they do know the series, but then they'll go and throw it all away with such senseless errors sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                        Some of the things the developers throw in seem like they do know the series, but then they'll go and throw it all away with such senseless errors sometimes.
                        I agree. You put into words exactly how I felt.

Comment

Something about hearing Rebecca and Barry (and Josh and Excella) constantly saying the same few lines over again may get a bit dull. That's the thing about novelty...after a while, it simply does not have the same enjoyment. Barry still looks fun as hell to play as. Pistol whip ftw. Rebecca...meh. With her weaker attacks, it will be easier to set up the three hit combo.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

LOL Rebbeca so pathetic! This is one of the reasons of why Capcom buried her since RE0. Barry FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                              LOL Rebbeca so pathetic!
                              If you read GuardhouseMusic's post, you'd see there's a reason for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X